Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Player Ratings

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:28 am

Marshall - 7 Some superb saves but wondering if he could have done a little better with the goal byt pushing it away from goal
Connelly - 8 Got down the right better than mcnaughton, think he might be a permenant fixture there now.
Hudson - 7 Solid, if unspectaular, won a lot in the air.
Turner - 8 Put in one fantastic tackle in the first half on Vydra on the edge of the box
Taylor - 6 Place has to be under pressure, his delivery into the box was awful and looked hesitant on the ball
Noone - 7 Started well but faded, again delivery was awful untill the 92nd minute.
Cowie - 9 I don't like Cowie, but in the middle yesterday and thought he was superb, deserves to keep his place for saturday.
Whitts - 7 Controlled possession when we had a lot of the ball, but difficult with Watford constantly sitting back
Smith - 7 Good to see him back in the team, played well but injury looks likely to keep him out for a few weeks.
Bellamy - 6 Didnt look at his best, hope the injury isnt too bad though.
Helguson - 7 tough up against fitz hall, but even though there was little goal threat, i thought he did well.

Mason - 4 Just wanted to mention him, really didnt see him do anything when he came on, i imagine he will start on saturday now and he needs to show us something as he seems to have gone backwards

Re: Player Ratings

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:35 am

paulh_85 wrote:Marshall - 9 Some superb saves but wondering if he could have done a little better with the goal byt pushing it away from goal
Connelly - 6 Got down the right better than mcnaughton, think he might be a permenant fixture there now.
Hudson - 6 Solid, if unspectaular, won a lot in the air.
Turner -6 Put in one fantastic tackle in the first half on Vydra on the edge of the box
Taylor - 4 Place has to be under pressure, his delivery into the box was awful and looked hesitant on the ball
Noone - 7 Started well but faded, again delivery was awful untill the 92nd minute.
Cowie - 6 I don't like Cowie, but in the middle yesterday and thought he was superb, deserves to keep his place for saturday.
Whitts - 6 Controlled possession when we had a lot of the ball, but difficult with Watford constantly sitting back
Smith - 7 Good to see him back in the team, played well but injury looks likely to keep him out for a few weeks.
Bellamy - 5 Didnt look at his best, hope the injury isnt too bad though.
Helguson -5 tough up against fitz hall, but even though there was little goal threat, i thought he did well.

Mason - 4 Just wanted to mention him, really didnt see him do anything when he came on, i imagine he will start on saturday now and he needs to show us something as he seems to have gone backwards

:ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:42 am

only a 6 for Cowie? :o

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:44 am

paulh_85 wrote:only a 6 for Cowie? :o

Yea paul 1st half he gave the ball away tomany times, carnt really give him a 9 for the 2nd half as he had nobody to mark him for 25mins :lol: . :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:48 am

bluebird1977 wrote:

Yea paul 1st half he gave the ball away tomany times, carnt really give him a 9 for the 2nd half as he had nobody to mark him for 25mins :lol: . :ayatollah:

i have to agree, first half he was poor, 2nd much better but as you say pressure was off him. 7 rating i would say.

if we are giving mason a 4 then rudy must be down below 0.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:56 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

i have to agree, first half he was poor, 2nd much better but as you say pressure was off him. 7 rating i would say.

:lol: 0, while etien worth a few million sat in the stands.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:59 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

:lol: 0, while etien worht a few million sat in the stands.

i dont know what must be going through the poor guys mind?? how can that disabled giraffe (polos version of him) be getting into the squad over me. rudy will never be uo to championship level so even a velikonja without the championship experience is still going to offer more. i thought against newcastle he looked quite good.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:10 am

Can you please explain with such high marks for everyone why was we so SHIT ?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:27 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Can you please explain with such high marks for everyone why was we so SHIT ?

i didnt think we were shit at all really, not at our best sure, but controlled the game even when they had 11 men

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:19 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Can you please explain with such high marks for everyone why was we so SHIT ?

i didnt think we were shit at all really, not at our best sure, but controlled the game even when they had 11 men

i thought so also,we were much the better side apart from the gift of a goal from another set peice
fans fully expect us to be blowing the likes of watford away and resembling brazil in the process

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:36 am

We overplayed, but the ones complaining are the one complaining about last season huffball.

Mason needs to be loaned out for a month or two- he looks dreadful.

Maybe time to look at a 433 as we had nobody running in from the midfield and we are awash with central midfielders.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:57 am

How were we shit? We dominated from start to finish. A better final ball and it would of been a cricket score. They hit on the break and defended for there lives.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:30 pm

milly44 wrote:

How were we shit? We dominated from start to finish. A better final ball and it would of been a cricket score. They hit on the break and defended for there lives.

Turned up after halftime did you milly if you think we dominated from start to finish yet we never got a shot on target untill 60mins odd, hardly domination, it was scrappy and shit but we won thats how i seen it vs 9men even though we had two more shots on target over the whole game more than them. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:34 pm

We were shit. They were down to 9 men and we still struggled. And when we got the second 9 men pinned us back. So sorry we was shit end of .............Your welcome !!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 pm

shots does not equal domination or not.

We pretty much had them pinned in their half without creating much, apart from first 10mins.

They scored a set-piece.

We had no cutting edge yesterday......managers always say, sometimes its harder playing against less men as they have their backs to the walls and basically have everyone defending.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Turned up after halftime did you milly if you think we dominated from start to finish yet we never got a shot on target untill 60mins odd, hardly domination, it was scrappy and shit but we won thats how i seen it vs 9men even though we had two more shots on target over the whole game more than them. :ayatollah:

the guardian dis-agrees

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/matc ... -v-watford

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Marshall - 8 - made 2 massive sames, couldnt do anything with the goal - defenders had plenty of times to get rid

Connelly - 7 - poor start, got to grips with it after 20 mins or so - him and huds communication was terrible, could be them not use to playing opposite sides?
Hudson - 7 - solid in the air as always, not as good as he has been though
Turner 8 - some important challenges
Taylor 6 - you could tell when Watford were down to 9 how slow he is, final ball was terrible too - pretty solid at the back

Whitts - 8 - another whiits preformance - Watford didnt allow him to play his normal game
Cowie - 8/9 - very impressed with him, looked very composed in the middle

Smith - 7 - solid game
Bellamy - 6 - didnt do much
Noone - 6/7 - final ball was terrible yesterday, made some poor decisions too

HH - 7 - got stuck in

Mason - 8 - looked very sharp when he came on
Gunners - 7 - got the goal, didnt have to do much coming on against 9
Rudy - 5/6 - didnt do alot

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:05 pm

glammy74 wrote:Marshall - 8 - made 2 massive sames, couldnt do anything with the goal - defenders had plenty of times to get rid

Connelly - 7 - poor start, got to grips with it after 20 mins or so - him and huds communication was terrible, could be them not use to playing opposite sides?
Taylor 6 - you could tell when Watford were down to 9 how slow he is, final ball was terrible too - pretty solid at the back

Whitts - 8 - another whiits preformance - Watford didnt allow him to play his normal game

Smith - 7 - solid game

HH - 7 - got stuck in

Malky did you just give those ratings :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
glammy74 wrote:Marshall - 8 - made 2 massive sames, couldnt do anything with the goal - defenders had plenty of times to get rid

Smith - 7 - solid game

HH - 7 - got stuck in

Malky did you just give those ratings :lol: :lol:

If we didnt win, i wouldnt have been so generous ;) :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Marshall - 8 - Scotland's number 1

Connelly - 7 - If he had Kev's pace he'd be a fantastic right back
Hudson - 7
Turner 8
Taylor 7

Whitts - 8 - When he had to play against a depleted side he showed what he can do with that ectra little bit of time. Dirty Watford stopped him playing in the 1st half
Cowie - 8 - Impressed me, doesn't deserve all the abuse he gets
Smith - 7
Bellamy - 6
Noone - 6 - Crossing was shit until the assist, got past hos man well though

Helguson - 7

Mason - 7 - I noticed he held off defenders once or twice, once in the build up to the penalty. That's an improvement
Gunnar - 7 - Perfect header, Almunia was never getting to it
Rudy - 6

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Marshall 8
Connelly 7 - rather see Kev at RB for home games
Turner 7
Hudson 7
Taylor 6 - did well but his final ball in the last 20mins was poor.

Noone 5 - tried to do to much when it wasn't needed.
Witts 7
Cowie 7 - impressed me
Smith 6

Bellamy 6
Helguson 7

Subs
Rudy 4
Mason 5
Gunnar 7

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Marshall .........................8
Connelly..........................5
Hudson............................5
Turner.............................5
Taylor.............................5
Noone..............................6
Witts...............................4 Played to deep. Inafective
Cowie..............................6
Smith...............................7
Bellamy............................6
Helguson...........................4

Subs Rudy 3 Mason 4 Gunnerson 8

Your welcome !!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:We were shit. They were down to 9 men and we still struggled. And when we got the second 9 men pinned us back. So sorry we was shit end of .............Your welcome !!

Nicely put, couldn't agree more! :lol:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Marshall 7 - made a couple of decent saves which kept us in the match at 1-0.
Connolly 8 - much better option than McNaughton, this guy can actually pass and defend.
Turner 7 - another 'no nonsense' performance.
Hudson 7 - did well, got rid of the ball when he needed to.
Taylor 5 - always backed Taylor, apart from last night. Crossing was awful and was lucky nobody really ran at him.
Noone 6 - poor crossing apart from the goal, needs to pass it earlier too.
Whitts 7 - controlled our midfield, good corner deliveries in the second half.
Cowie 9 - excellent performance, best player on the pitch.
Smith 8 - did very well until his injury, our best signing I feel.
Bellamy 6 - ran a lot, just didn't get the right opportunity.
Helguson 6 - one of his worst performances for us, could have given away a goal with that awful pass in the first half.

Gestede 7 - caused problems for sure and defenders will always look to mark him when we're going forward.
Mason 6 - not the world beater some make him out to be, but did well enough.
Gunnar 8 - purely because of his excellent header, and made good decisions with his passes before that.