Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU BELIEVE that we will go up or not?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Nail your flag to this post.

We all have ups and downs in our beliefs during the season, and that's fine.

I've said consistently that I will judge this team after 12 games...and here we are, 12 games in.

I've put hard cash on our club to get promoted this year and I'm still happy with my bet. The only other time I bet on Cardiff City to get promoted, we did. Maybe more luck than judgement but the facts are there.

I will say catergorically that I believe we will be promoted this year on the evidence of the 12 games so far. I'm not saying automatic or playoff......it's irrelevant, as long as we go up who really cares? So why am I so confident?

I think we have the best overall Manager I have ever seen run this club since I started supporting the Bluebirds in 1979. Not only is he a great motivator, he uses psychology which is second to none and knows how to bring the owners, management, players & fans together.........very astute. And that doesn't even touch on his nutritional, sport science knowledge etc. skills!

After 12 games we have a record breaking Home start (a feat worthy of many plaudits), and are also joint top of the league. If you were offered this in August what would have been your reply?

It's very easy to think because we are flying high that every game should be a walkover.........unfortunately this is not the case. Mark my words, every game will be a battle, and the longer we stay close to the top it will be a harder and harder battle.

BUT....Malky has built a team spirit second to none in this league, and all the team believe.

I suppose the question is.......DO YOU?

Do YOU believe we will go up? Do YOU believe WE will get promoted?

I for one do and I urge you to get behind Cardiff City, the team that we all support, Blue, Red, Black or whatever, and cheer them on to something that we have long dreamed of...........it's not that far away.

But coming back to the point.......do you believe we will get promoted or not?

Re: DO YOU BELIEVE that we will go up or not?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:59 pm

No.

Results are great performances are poor poor poor. All the ones stuck in their "In Malky we trust" ways keep going on about how Malkys plan is good home form while points on the road are a bonus. Well i'd agree with you if our home performances were exceptional but quite frankly they are not.

We won't be able to keep performing like we are and go up, we were in the same position this time last season for f**k sake. Keep your feet on the floor.

:old:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:10 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:No.

Results are great performances are poor poor poor. All the ones stuck in their "In Malky we trust" ways keep going on about how Malkys plan is good home form while points on the road are a bonus. Well i'd agree with you if our home performances were exceptional but quite frankly they are not.

We won't be able to keep performing like we are and go up, we were in the same position this time last season for f**k sake. Keep your feet on the floor.

With all due respect my old friend, my feet are firmly on the floor. After 25% of the season I firmly believe we will get promoted.

That may be a pipe dream to you, but it is my honest belief and you can either buy me a pint in celebration because you are wrong, or I am happy to buy you a pint in commiseration because I made a mis-judgement. :ayatollah: :old:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 am

My heart says yes but my head says no I'm afraid

Few reasons but the main being Malky unwillingness to change a system that isn't working, we may be grinding out results but I don't think we should be I'm not saying we'll ply every team off the park cos that's ludicrous but I feel Malky is setting up not to lose games rather than try to win them and eventually it'll bite us on the arseand we'll end up with 100 draws like last year! We have one of the best squads I've seen and we should be going out to win games, I agree with you in regards to how Malky goes about his job in other ways ie sport science nutrition and psychology I just wonder whether he fears the chop too much and sets up not to lose games cos of this when I think he should go out to win every game

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:52 am

Definitely yes.

We have the best manager we've had in ages, one of the best squads in the league and a never-say-die attitude... We're 10x better than we ever were under Jones.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:52 am

No.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:50 am

We will go up.

Right now, Leicester are playing some brilliant football and looking
like a well-oiled machine.

We are playing pants :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But we are still level on points with them

The mentality of our moaners seems to be "we cant carry on playing like this and winning"

Well we WONT carry on playing like this will we!!!!.... And once we do click again. It may well
be Leicester hanging on for dear life!!!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:17 am

Yes.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 am

yes

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 am

depends on injuries.. if we get any more long term casualties, we will struggle.. however if we strengthen in january then we have every chance... at the moment i still think its far too early to tell.... however delighted with our current position.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 am

Not a hope with this present squad, yes maybe if we strengthen substantialy in January. We need to still be top 6 by January though, and then i can see play offs for sure :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:My heart says yes but my head says no I'm afraid

Few reasons but the main being Malky unwillingness to change a system that isn't working, we may be grinding out results but I don't think we should be I'm not saying we'll ply every team off the park cos that's ludicrous but I feel Malky is setting up not to lose games rather than try to win them and eventually it'll bite us on the arseand we'll end up with 100 draws like last year! We have one of the best squads I've seen and we should be going out to win games, I agree with you in regards to how Malky goes about his job in other ways ie sport science nutrition and psychology I just wonder whether he fears the chop too much and sets up not to lose games cos of this when I think he should go out to win every game

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:56 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:No.

I maybe wrong but wasnt our points tally 17 at this time last season. We have had some great performances this season. Away form is concerning as we dont get beat we get battered. 10 goals against of the 3 games we've lost.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:17 am

Last night worries me,yes we scraped 3 points against a predicted mid table team full of Italians down to 9 men but I fear we have been here before. Malky's team are in danger of becoming predictable just like last year as astute managers suss our game plan.This time last year we had 17pts so lets hope he uses his squad wisely over the Christmas period and maybe had to the back four in Jan.
Promoted? - Play offs again for me

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:40 am

mr.angry wrote:Last night worries me,yes we scraped 3 points against a predicted mid table team full of Italians down to 9 men but I fear we have been here before. Malky's team are in danger of becoming predictable just like last year as astute managers suss our game plan.This time last year we had 17pts so lets hope he uses his squad wisely over the Christmas period and maybe had to the back four in Jan.
Promoted? - Play offs again for me

Play off semi,s again for me this year :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah: