Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' So bad tactics/luck/Bollocks in my opinion '

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 pm

We are top of the league and won 6 games at home in a row and it's our best home record since ?

Yet for weeks fans have slated Malky, u don't get to the top on just luck or bad tactics, true or not ?

Please get behind Malky and give him Your 100% Support, he at least deserves that, surely ?

Re: ' So bad tactics/luck/Bollocks in my opinion '

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:37 pm

If it takes scrappy 2 - 1 wins to go up this season Annis I am more than happy with that, ok we wern't great tonight but 3 points is ALL that matters :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We are top of the league and won 6 games at home in a row and it's our best home record since ?

Yet for weeks fans have slated Malky, u don't get to top on just luck or bad tactics, true or not ?

Please get behind Malky and give him Your 100% Support, he at least deserves that, surely ?

End of the day, you know you've got a great team/manager if you're picking up results while you're not even running on all cylinders! :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We are top of the league and won 6 games at home in a row and it's our best home record since ?

Yet for weeks fans have slated Malky, u don't get to top on just luck or bad tactics, true or not ?

The saddest thing Annis is that you have to state the obvious.

F**k me, I would have snapped your hand off for the start we've had. I cannot believe that people are still whingeing. Do they actually want us to get promoted or do we have to do it in a "particular style"!

Bollocks.....I don't care how the points come, as long as they come.

We are top of the league, say we are top of the league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:42 pm

agreed Annis, our supporters need to take a look at where we have been in the past and follow the manager onwards and upwards, a win is 3 points and i take it all day

2nd in the championship, i'll take that too, thanks malky that'll do nicely

in malky we trust

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Malky brings on Gunner and he gets the winner! Inspired substitution or lucky, I guess it just depends on how you look at life! I prefer to believe that we have a manager who makes the correct decisions more often than not, which I think is going to get us where we all want to be. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Actually Annis we have never ever won 6 home games on the trot it's a new record :thumbup:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 pm

The league table does not lie!

Well done CCFC and we are the Bluebirds even if the club don't announce it anymore :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Malky brings on Gunner and he gets the winner! Inspired substitution or lucky, I guess it just depends on how you look at life! I prefer to believe that we have a manager who makes the correct decisions more often than not, which I think is going to get us where we all want to be. :ayatollah:

Actually heard someone tonight say he's no better than Dave Jones. I don't get malky some of the time but like you said, he keeps getting the results

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 pm

f**k the red
it was a battling team, low on moral after a weekend loss, and a good tactical change, that ground out that win :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Yet for weeks fans have slated Malky, u don't get to the top on just luck or bad tactics, true or not ?

I quite agree.

Also, that was the third time this season we have gone behind and come back to win!
So - we rode our luck tonight. But we fought hard for the 3 points and got them despite some players clearly out of sorts.

I'm more worried about the injuries to Bellamy and Smith.

Time to give Kim and Velikonja a go on Saturday?
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

F**k me, I would have snapped your hand off for the start we've had. I cannot believe that people are still whingeing. Do they actually want us to get promoted or do we have to do it in a "particular style"!

We are top of the league, say we are top of the league :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Second actually :lol:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Second actually :lol:

That is just sooooo pedantic :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:15 pm

I've never slated MM and yes it's a great home record. BUT we aren't playing well and there's no way we can continue picking up points in this manner. Now if we start playing well then brilliant, points in the bag and we can match anyone. My concern is that the bubble could burst any time soon unless we improve - stop conceding poor goals and start creating better chances.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 pm

The 1st sending off changed the game,good to see us come from behind and win...even if Watford ended up with 9 men.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

I've never slated MM and yes it's a great home record. BUT we aren't playing well and there's no way we can continue picking up points in this manner. Now if we start playing well then brilliant, points in the bag and we can match anyone. My concern is that the bubble could burst any time soon unless we improve - stop conceding poor goals and start creating better chances.

I understand what you are saying, but how many times have you seen teams like Man U not play well and still get a result?

We will click at some stage, and in fairness there's been spells when we've played extremely well.

If we're not playing well consistently and still averaging 2 points a game I am a happy man> :D

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:29 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19958244

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Does anyone know if theres a table for only away games? So you can compare away records in the league?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm

If we win games when we're not firing on all four, then that's a vital difference in our overall campaign. We've seen what we're like when we click - very, very "businesslike" indeed. We have to get behind the boys lads, its too quiet. These ugly wins are a part of the game. More concerned about Bellamy and Smith's knocks tonight. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:41 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

I understand what you are saying, but how many times have you seen teams like Man U not play well and still get a result?

We will click at some stage, and in fairness there's been spells when we've played extremely well.

If we're not playing well consistently and still averaging 2 points a game I am a happy man> :D

Lets see how the next 5 games go. 10 points and ill be a believer! :ayatollah:
H Burnley
A Bolton
A Charlton
H Hull
H Boro

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:41 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Does anyone know if theres a table for only away games? So you can compare away records in the league?

I posted this link on Gamblers Den - Always use this site for info - bottom left hand corner :ayatollah:

http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england2

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 pm

If you can't be good be lucky but make no mistake the penalty and sending offs came about because we had Watford under constant pressure and some of their players lost their heads it's all about 3 points and despite being nowhere near our best we earned those 3 points tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Lets see how the next 5 games go. 10 points and ill be a believer! :ayatollah:
H Burnley
A Bolton
A Charlton
H Hull
H Boro

It's a tough run of fixtures - but let's be honest, all games are tough in this league. I know it's been said umpteen times before but it's true. I just hope we can keep on the 2pts per game average. There's no reason why not.

On a side note, thought Connelly grew into the game tonight and got better & better. No way would I drop him. I'd even consider putting Kev Left Back for Taylor on Saturday.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:48 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Does anyone know if theres a table for only away games? So you can compare away records in the league?

We are currently 13th in the away table.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... table/away

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:48 pm

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/away.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Cheers Batman ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Annis we ain't top of the League !! Leicester are :o but fair play that is the luckiest win i have ever seen. We were shite and despite the possession Watford have the best chances. Whitts playing to deep again to allow Cowie to get forward. We ain't never gonna score so the ref sends a Watford player off, that does not work so he gives us a penalty, So we go for the winner but we are never gonna score, So the ref sends off another Watford Player and we still ain't gonna score. Now i am waiting for the ref to send there Goalkeeper off so we still have a chance but decides not to do it. So we cant score a second in 90 mins against 9 men, So he gives us an extra 4 minutes and bingo Aron Gunnerson bang 2-1.
Right we can relax now against 9 men surely ? but for the remainder of the 3 mins Watford pin us back with 9 fooking Men. Holly shit :o But then the ref blows for the final whistle. And we all applaud the Watford team who showed resilience and grit, Surely we can't play that bad against Burnley........................Can we ?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm

He deserves our support but that was DREADFUL. Even when they went down to 9 men, they still had chances of scoring. We were minutes away from being embarrassed. That wasn't a promotion winning performance, that's for sure.

In Malky we trust though and all that. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:09 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:22 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Cheers Batman ;) :ayatollah:

Oi I was first :lol: