Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Still not good enough

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Look, I'm happy that we won. I am. And it was good heart by the players to go out there and get the win - but we shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. A dire first half performance and if Watford hadn't got those 2 reds we may well have not got the equaliser or winner. I know that we can't be perfect all season but with Charlie Austin in top form Burnley will punish us on Saturday if it's anything like tonight.

Re: Still not good enough

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:Look, I'm happy that we won. I am. And it was good heart by the players to go out there and get the win - but we shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. A dire first half performance and if Watford hadn't got those 2 reds we may well have not got the equaliser or winner. I know that we can't be perfect all season but with Charlie Austin in top form Burnley will punish us on Saturday if it's anything like tonight.

It sounds like we didn't play well but still managed to win, don't forget, watford have only lost once in their last five games before tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:00 pm

bloody hell 100% record at home top of the league.... in one of the most competitive leagues in the world.... and we are still not happy :D

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 pm

tynesideblue wrote:bloody hell 100% record at home top of the league.... in one of the most competitive leagues in the world.... and we are still not happy :D

me's happy, me's happy :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Like I said, I am happy. Dare I say happier than most, due to the fact that I got up at 4 a.m. just to get coverage of the match? I know Malky wont be happy, and neither will the team - it's just critical thinking, without it there's no such thing as improvement.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:04 pm

If we win every home game playing like that I'll have no complaints :lol:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Will all the people who moan n moan n moan n moan f**k off and let the rest of us enjoy the football u get on my f*cking nerves ! Twats ! :ayatollah: :D

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:07 pm

I think the point is that if we play like that we won't win many more home games. Happy we won but we were poor and with bellers and smith looking injured i fear a tough spell awaits

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 pm

ccscymru wrote:Will all the people who moan n moan n moan n moan f**k off and let the rest of us enjoy the football u get on my f*cking nerves ! Twats ! :ayatollah: :D

Ok, so you'd be happy if we played like that for the rest of the season? Bollocks, because we wouldn't win many if that happened. Just because you're blinded by your support it doesn't mean the rest of us should be.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:I think the point is that if we play like that we won't win many more home games. Happy we won but we were poor and with bellers and smith looking injured i fear a tough spell awaits

But good teams show character to get through tough spells and grind out results when they are most unlikely and we have shown this season that if we need to do that, then we can! :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 pm

paste over the cracks. anyway you want. we were poor tonight. but still got a win :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:18 pm

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:I think the point is that if we play like that we won't win many more home games. Happy we won but we were poor and with bellers and smith looking injured i fear a tough spell awaits

But good teams show character to get through tough spells and grind out results when they are most unlikely and we have shown this season that if we need to do that, then we can! :ayatollah:

Difficult to argue with that. I suppose it's a glass half empty or half full thing. I'm an eternal pessimist and worry our bubble will burst especially with our bad luck with injuries. But then we could press on and start playing a lot better then points like tonight will be the difference. Bring on burnley :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm only guessing, your a glass half empty kind of guy? :lol:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:20 pm

I think you've gotta give credit to Watford, they were very difficult for us to break down, obviously we should have killed the game off earlier but ill take that win and the club record thank you very much.

Some of the balls Taylor crossed over our entire team towards the end was a joke and Rudy made a load of mistakes when he came on. It wasn't the greatest way to break the record but its done and dusted, time to regroup and focus on Saturday

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

I'm only guessing, your a glass half empty kind of guy? :lol:

Correct, been watching us for too long :lol:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 pm

If you didnt know we have no right to win every game and play like Brazil from the 70's now stop moaning and just enjoy being top of the league. We will have off days and we will have good days. We won again mind. some people are just Pricks !! :ayatollah: :D

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:33 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95357 :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:34 pm

FFS...shouldn't we be lauding the best home record start by any Cardiff City team since we began plying our trade on the pitch!!!

I cannot believe the pessimism that surounds my club. It's unreal.

We will play a lot better than that and lose......will that make you happy????

Two things you need to get out of this division.....a good team (which we have got) and a bit of luck (which we had).

We've had enough bad luck over the years so enjoy the fortune when it lands with you........please! :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:40 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:FFS...shouldn't we be lauding the best home record start by any Cardiff City team since we began plying our trade on the pitch!!!

I cannot believe the pessimism that surounds my club. It's unreal.

We will play a lot better than that and lose......will that make you happy????

Two things you need to get out of this division.....a good team (which we have got) and a bit of luck (which we had).

We've had enough bad luck over the years so enjoy the fortune when it lands with you........please! :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95357 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Watford closed us down as individuals and they closed the space down.I thought they worked there socks off for there team.The two sendings off were just stupid on there part ,we didnt play that well and I am sure Malky and the boys would admit that.

If you dont play well and you win then what more can you ask for.there's plenty of ifs and buts we one the game are second in the league and you cant slate that.

There is room for improvement i agree yes but we are where we want to be end of.

Glad we won the game tonight and what was mad is when lots left the ground at the end the atmosphere was better maybe we as fans should look at ourselves and show that kind of support all through the game.

I am sure the players would respond to it so we have to do better as fans aswell. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Cant believe some of you on here moaning after a record 6th home win.Any win is 3 points thats all we need to do is score more than our oponents, if we play like BARCELONA you would find something to moan about then.I will take any win that is going, if you want see the tippy tappy play stay home watch Barca on tv. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:03 pm

ccscymru wrote:Will all the people who moan n moan n moan n moan f**k off and let the rest of us enjoy the football u get on my f*cking nerves ! Twats ! :ayatollah: :D

Possibly the best post this week :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 pm

We were not great but we got the result, there will be days when we play great but could still end up losing that's just football. So let's enjoy being joint top and make it 7 wins on the bounce at home on the weekend :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 pm

We were looking to come back from a defeat and they came to our ground with bags of confidence.. never was going to be easy.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:02 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:Cant believe some of you on here moaning after a record 6th home win.Any win is 3 points thats all we need to do is score more than our oponents, if we play like BARCELONA you would find something to moan about then.I will take any win that is going, if you want see the tippy tappy play stay home watch Barca on tv. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We did play like Barcelona...

We went down 1-0 to a team we should be beating then scored the winner i injury time having pegged them back since conceding. :D

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Not sure if u MOANERS realised but watford played a sat back, counter attack, 3-5-2 defensive formation which makes it hard for any team to break through !... Teams will come here and do that hoping for a draw/win, knowing where at the top and a very strong team !... Thats why we look stuck at times .... You must be mad if u think where gonna storm the league coz we wont, all the teams have very good players. Its very tough...

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:Look, I'm happy that we won. I am. And it was good heart by the players to go out there and get the win - but we shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. A dire first half performance and if Watford hadn't got those 2 reds we may well have not got the equaliser or winner. I know that we can't be perfect all season but with Charlie Austin in top form Burnley will punish us on Saturday if it's anything like tonight.

Burnley are the top scorers in the Championship but only Bristol City have more goals against. Burnley have conceded TEN more goals than us. I don't think it'll be an easy game - in fact, I think it'll be a tough one - but we shouldn't be too worried about the opposition, we should be looking at our strengths.

In my opinion, 4-5-1 is a lower league, negative, defensive formation. We have superb attacking players in our current squad and we should play to our strengths, not look to defend against the opposing teams' strengths all the bloody time. That's the kind of nonsense we've had to suffer from so many Wales football managers over the years, despite the superb attacking players we've had in the Welsh squad at times.

Malky needs to manage like a manager, not like a defender. Ironically, I think our weakest part of the team is our defence and has been for some time. I don't rate Andrew AWOL Taylor as highly as Malky or some of our fans do and the fault for all three goals against us at Forest lie with the full backs, in my opinion, yet only McNaughton was dropped. Terry "Was He Really There" Phillips scored Taylor and McNaughton higher than Hudson and Connolly! Very strange, that.