Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Naughts dropped to bench:(

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 pm

What ? Is happening ?

Re: Naughts dropped to bench:(

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Thought Connolly did ok at right back tonight.

And unlike Superkev he managed to actually pass the ball to his own team!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:20 pm

davids wrote:Thought Connolly did ok at right back tonight.

I thought Connolly was outstanding today. Easily my MoM and the only player to come out of that game with any real credit imo.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:24 pm

connolly did very well,hes very assured and doesnt take unecessary risks,he doesnt bomb forward and concentrates on his defending
Maybe kev had got a little complacent knowing his place was pretty much guaranteed,he wasnt himself against forest plus it gave big ben turner the opportunity to stake his claim for a starting role
Can only benefit our team having competiton for places

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Aramore wrote:

I thought Connolly was outstanding today. Easily my MoM and the only player to come out of that game with any real credit imo.

yeah i agree,although marshall pulled off a couple of very good saves

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
Aramore wrote:

yeah i agree,although marshall pulled off a couple of very good saves

Nothing more than I expect from him though, and he fluffed the first goal.

Connolly though is used to playing centrally this season and I thought he emerged with a lot of credit.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Yeah he did when I saw the team I was worried but its good to see the competition. Ben turner did well tonight as well but I just feel that he dosnt have the quality on the ball that Matty does so we seem to have aimless passing to lumping it. Would put naughts back in with Matty in the middle Saturday if it was my choice. But u can't argue with MM.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Connolly was s*ite first half.. he looked confused and couldn't even move his leg to pass the ball.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Connolly was s*ite first half.. he looked confused and couldn't even move his leg to pass the ball.

I was on the other side of the pitch first half so I couldn't see him :D

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Connolly and Cowie were our best players :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:51 pm

i like connolly a lot,if malky can get competiton for taylor place in january i think well be looking ok

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Pissed me off sometimes. He doesn't have the pace and dribbling of Kev so it was frustrating to see him not running at the players and making runs for Smith on the right. Sometimes we just needed that burst of pace down the wing

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:35 am

CantonJack wrote:Pissed me off sometimes. He doesn't have the pace and dribbling of Kev so it was frustrating to see him not running at the players and making runs for Smith on the right. Sometimes we just needed that burst of pace down the wing

No good having pace to get past people, unless you can deliver the ball into the danger area as well!
If McNaughton could pass & cross the ball as well as he usually defends, he'd have been a Premier league player years ago!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:47 am

Overthemoon wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Pissed me off sometimes. He doesn't have the pace and dribbling of Kev so it was frustrating to see him not running at the players and making runs for Smith on the right. Sometimes we just needed that burst of pace down the wing

No good having pace to get past people, unless you can deliver the ball into the danger area as well!
If McNaughton could pass & cross the ball as well as he usually defends, he'd have been a Premier league player years ago!

Forgot to mention, but it was Connolly who worked his way well into the box and got the shot off to earn us the penalty!
Kev had a similar chance to shoot at Forest last Saturday, but chose to pass instead, which cost us a decent opportunity to pull a goal back!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:15 am

Oh well and I thought he did not look comfortable last night. Carried little threat and made a fair few errors. Mcnaughton is the victim of MM f**k ups at away games.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:22 am

McNaughton has needed to be dropped for a while. His decision making and distribution is utterly woeful. Connoly did really well at right back and as previously said he passed the ball to our team! For me, issue last night was Big ben. He seemed to slow the play down to a crawl whenever he got the ball. No big cross field hoofs so thats a bonus!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:56 am

the full back should be over lapping the winger on occassions, connolly is not the player to do this.. we had, connolly, smith and helgueson a few times last night on the right hand side and the movement of the ball was far too slow..

i like connolly as a defender, he has decent feet and can distribute the ball well, turner is a better tackler and more solid but cant pass water. its a difficult call. hudsons been great this season but he wasnt at his best last night. i would probably say kev offers more at right back than connolly, however maybe connolly will offer more at left back than taylor. i dont know?? connolly would be ok at full back if we had two wingers with pace, but we didnt last night, just the one.. and that limited us to one flank all the time. overall i think connolly is the better of the 3 at centre back but hudson will never get dropped so its out if turner and connolly everytime.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:36 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:the full back should be over lapping the winger on occassions, connolly is not the player to do this.. we had, connolly, smith and helgueson a few times last night on the right hand side and the movement of the ball was far too slow..

i like connolly as a defender, he has decent feet and can distribute the ball well, turner is a better tackler and more solid but cant pass water. its a difficult call. hudsons been great this season but he wasnt at his best last night. i would probably say kev offers more at right back than connolly, however maybe connolly will offer more at left back than taylor. i dont know?? connolly would be ok at full back if we had two wingers with pace, but we didnt last night, just the one.. and that limited us to one flank all the time. overall i think connolly is the better of the 3 at centre back but hudson will never get dropped so its out if turner and connolly everytime.

connelly got forward well, but some crosses in the box, and won us the penatly with that shot. Also seemed to have more pace than i thought , got to a few 50/50's first. Overall im happy with him playing RB now, and think maybe Kev should play on the left instead of Taylor.