Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Two groups RED OR BLUE (FYI CCFC, 1948 and etc)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Is it me or has the whole re-branding started to divide us into two groups? I seen posts on here, every time a topic mentions the re-brand, the same people are bickering with each other and it's getting quite eye sore to be honest.

I was born and raised in Cardiff. I have been watching MY hometown play football even at the days at Ninian Park for the past 21 years (now 32) with my grandad when we was at division 4.
This year, the club have decided to do the whole re-brand.. in my opinion I prefer blue but I feel quite neutral about the whole re-brand. Lets say If the club decided to go back to blue and we are playing in a lower division... i will still wear blue and be watching the games at the CCS with my mates just like the good old days!

My point is, I understand those who feel very passionate, angry and dissapointed about the whole re brand of the FOOTBALL CLUB/ TANS decision. But I can't understand why the hatred and bitterness are towards individuals that wear RED.

My question is to people for those who despise the so called Anti Red Brigade/Plastics, (such as "ccfcritchie, CCFC TRUE ,Bluebird since 1948 and etc". Sorry to use you as examples, nothing against you, but just reading from previous posts).

1. Do you now differentiate two sets of fans when it comes to Cardiff City Fans? (e.g. such as red and Blue)
2. Do you think all those that wear RED are all PLASTICS?
3. Do you hate or despise the fans that wear RED/Plastic? If so Why?

Re: Two groups RED OR BLUE (FYI CCFC, 1948 and etc)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Think this has been covered during some of the 3 million posts on this subject before

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:19 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Think this has been covered during some of the 3 million posts on this subject before

**this is not a dig to those who feel strongly about blues... but just wondering if you can help expressing or answer above so I can understand how you feel about individuals especially to those that are neutral or Red**

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:26 pm

It hasn't created a divide between all the Cardiff fans I know in real life. We just have different opinions.

It's different on this message board though. People seem to get a lot more angry about the subject on here.

Quite a few strange people. Pretending to be old men etc. Don't know who to take seriously.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Where have you been for the last 4 months? A cave? :?

This topic has been done to death now.

At least 3 times a week by Annis

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Where have you been for the last 4 months? A cave? :?

This topic has been done to death now.

At least 3 times a week by Annis

:lol:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm

:lol:

Ill say one thing Annis your persistant!!!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote::lol:

Ill say one thing Annis your persistant!!!

Thank you.
Polo, Honestly now I will never ever change my mind, to me our identity is everything. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Personally,i don't despise anyone who buys the red shirt or any other red merchandise for that matter. I feel hugely disappointed that they have purchased the red gear but I certainly don't hate or despise them for it :lol:

Bearing in mind, we often hear from both sides of the debate that nobody or very few actually want City to wear red,surely the easiest thing to have done,if you genuinely feel that way was to show a bit of solidarity and show Tan that whilst we welcome him and his desire to move the club forward,the home colour is a big part of who we are,after all we've worn it at home since before the Titanic sunk! Simplest way of doing that,politely give the red gear a swerve. It wasn't exactly rocket science.

So no,I certainly don't hate the pro reds but I do feel pretty let down by them.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Ill never be happy about it, but I can never see myself not going to the football, so sadly have to lump it.

I cant understand fans who say they "Prefer red" :? I really cant. Sucking it up is one thing, fully embracing it I just dont get.

I think the club and football experience we both long for died when we left Ninian Park.

We could win the Premier League and I still dont think it would beat my old memories.

Footballs on a different journey now. We either reluctantly get on, or get left behind. :(

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Karl wrote:It hasn't created a divide between all the Cardiff fans I know in real life. We just have different opinions.

It's different on this message board though. People seem to get a lot more angry about the subject on here.

Quite a few strange people. Pretending to be old men etc. Don't know who to take seriously.

Same here :?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Ill never be happy about it, but I can never see myself not going to the football, so sadly have to lump it.

I cant understand fans who say they "Prefer red" :? I really cant. Sucking it up is one thing, fully embracing it I just dont get.

I think the club and football experience we both long for died when we left Ninian Park.

We could win the Premier League and I still dont think it would beat my old memories.

Footballs on a different journey now. We either reluctantly get on, or get left behind. :(

Some are not fussed on it but just get on with it as theres more important things in life other than football so not worth stressing about :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:16 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:Is it me or has the whole re-branding started to divide us into two groups? I seen posts on here, every time a topic mentions the re-brand, the same people are bickering with each other and it's getting quite eye sore to be honest.

I was born and raised in Cardiff. I have been watching MY hometown play football even at the days at Ninian Park for the past 21 years (now 32) with my grandad when we was at division 4.
This year, the club have decided to do the whole re-brand.. in my opinion I prefer blue but I feel quite neutral about the whole re-brand. Lets say If the club decided to go back to blue and we are playing in a lower division... i will still wear blue and be watching the games at the CCS with my mates just like the good old days!

My point is, I understand those who feel very passionate, angry and dissapointed about the whole re brand of the FOOTBALL CLUB/ TANS decision. But I can't understand why the hatred and bitterness are towards individuals that wear RED.

My question is to people for those who despise the so called Anti Red Brigade/Plastics, (such as "ccfcritchie, CCFC TRUE ,Bluebird since 1948 and etc". Sorry to use you as examples, nothing against you, but just reading from previous posts).

1. Do you now differentiate two sets of fans when it comes to Cardiff City Fans? (e.g. such as red and Blue)

I think the main problem is mate that the fans who feel most strongly against the re-brand (such as myself) generally think that our fans gave in and accepted it FAR too easily, and that's why the bitterness exists from our side. Every time i see a Cardiff fan in the red shirt, i personally feel just let down i guess (i think disgusted would be the wrong word). So yeah to answer your question, i guess i do differentiate the red and blue camp sets of fans now, and then there are some neutrals just in the middle, who arent bothered either way. But no i don't think they're plastics, i just don't think they're right to disregard the club's history in the same way that the owners have.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:19 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Ill never be happy about it, but I can never see myself not going to the football, so sadly have to lump it.

Some are not fussed on it but just get on with it as theres more important things in life other than football so not worth stressing about :ayatollah:

This.

Sometimes I can't get to matches even though I'm a season ticket holder & have been for years, because I look after my daughter. Tonight for instance, as I don't have to worry about child care, it makes me appreciate just going to see City play, regardless of the colour of the kit.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:32 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:

1 - Yes. You just know who the plastics are and the ones who are only there because it's a big game. You can smell them a mile off.

2. Yes, the reason they have bitten into the Malaysian plastic pill is because they want premier league football and they want it NOW. None of this bullshit about going under. How many times have we heard about Pompey going under? Leeds? Port Vale? We would have found an alternative buyer who admittedly wouldn't have put the money in Tan would have but at a much less sentimental cost to us fans.

3. Yes in truth I do. Children I can understand why they bought the new shirt. But adults? By f**k I think it's pathetic and truly sad of them to have bought the red shirt. No doubt they are all United/Liverpool fans first. I was truly astounded at the amount of adults, grown men wearing the new red shirt. I also noticed on my trip to Northampton and from friends who attend most away games that the red shirt on adults is a very rare sight on away trips.

Says it f*cking all.

:old:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Honestly, it annoys the hell out of me when I see someone wearing a red shirt. I still don't see how any Cardiff fan who has followed us for years can look at the red shirt and not think that it's not right.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:38 pm

My 12 year old son wants the red home shirt, and my mrs wants me to get it for him for Xmas. I am sort of in the middle with all this rebrand, change of colour, but I just can't bring myself to buy the red shirt. Looks like my mrs will have to buy it for him.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:42 pm

llwynypia bluebirds wrote:My 12 year old son wants the red home shirt, and my mrs wants me to get it for him for Xmas. I am sort of in the middle with all this rebrand, change of colour, but I just can't bring myself to buy the red shirt. Looks like my mrs will have to buy it for him.

You tell her and him that you will buy him the Blue away shirt with a name and number on the back of it. Lay down the law, if he doesn't like it then so be it but he will grow up and one day thank you for instilling in him a sense of tradition.

People in red shirts over the age of 14 are quite frankly embarrassing. :old:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:40 am

Give me the reason why Tan did it what is the gain in it all other than for his own personal preference.

There is no reason and thats why its a bitter bitter pill to swallow its all for 1 man end of.

If he new or cared for the sport the club or us fans he would of just left it all along and buy the before anybody says 100 mill where is it then.

Langston still ain't payed 90 mill in debt and rising,you can buy loads of champ clubs kits in stores all over the UK but a Cardiff top hardly word marketing is it.

How many tops has he sold in asia then I would love to no.

I dont like what Tan has created and each time i see that red kit i cringe and always will but everybody is entitled to do or say what ever the want and even if like me you dont like it you have to put up with it.

He has divided lots of fans and that was always going to happen he did it though and still is.I think its just going to get worse and we let it all happen without a fight look what Newcastle fans did to protect the name of there stadium and fair play to em.We just rolled over and did f**k all and that says it all about Cardiff City fans and I never thought we would be like that but we are and its desperately disappointing.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:01 am

Teams come out and the atmosphere is flatter than Kierra knightly's tits, Watford knew what they were doing coming out in our blue kit :evil:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:06 am

Most teams will wear Blue this season at the CCS just to laugh at us, however 7 played 7 won :D :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
llwynypia bluebirds wrote:My 12 year old son wants the red home shirt, and my mrs wants me to get it for him for Xmas. I am sort of in the middle with all this rebrand, change of colour, but I just can't bring myself to buy the red shirt. Looks like my mrs will have to buy it for him.

You tell her and him that you will buy him the Blue away shirt with a name and number on the back of it. Lay down the law, if he doesn't like it then so be it but he will grow up and one day thank you for instilling in him a sense of tradition.

People in red shirts over the age of 14 are quite frankly embarrassing. :old:

Yeah I am sure the red ones are a tighter fit than the blues ones, not right is it ;)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Karl wrote:It hasn't created a divide between all the Cardiff fans I know in real life. We just have different opinions.

Spot on IMO.

People generally talk shit on message boards, because its not "real life".
It hasn't caused a divide between anyone I know, different opinions yes but nothing has changed.