Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

they should boycot the racism capmpaigns in football

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:42 pm

just leave them to it, all thats happened most have kicked up a fuss and refused to wear the jackets that we're given to teams this weekend

without getting called racist.... it was mainly the white players who wore them with an ongoing list of black footballers who rejected requests to wear them

its getting silly, just leave them too it if they dont want anything done, why waste time anyway idiots will always be born into this world.
I really dont know anyone in this country who is racist against blacks?
we're living in the past.
No one gives a toss anymore

as we know some people have problems with asians or muslims but african born british people are not considered unwelcome in this country, and many are well respected in towns and cities, especially footballers, such as the ferdinands,
bar the odd few oldies & people who live out in the sticks or uncivilised communities.

IMO get over it stop being pathetic, terry abuse was a slip of the tongue he lives in london for christ sake which is full of all races he's not that stupid

Re: they should boycot the racism capmpaigns in football

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:30 pm

This campaign has started something when a problem just wasnt there. Now it's make sure we find a problem at all cost :roll: :roll:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:36 pm

The players not wearing the tops has raised the issue even further which is exactly what they wanted.

I don't think they have gone about it the right way but I think it has made an impact which will prob turn out to be positive.

I'm certain British football doesn't have a race issue (just some fans). Abroad is a bigger issue and needs to be felt with.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:This campaign has started something when a problem just wasnt there. Now it's make sure we find a problem at all cost :roll: :roll:

:lol:
Personally I dont think john terry is racist, some of his good mates we're black, it was obviously slip of a tongue Im sure alot of people have said things drunk within the 4 walls of their own homes, or even playing 11 a side sunday games,
doesn't make them racist,

fat black, ginger, cock eyed, white, posh gay . old....

its all the same terminolegy

they aren't special because they have different skin, you cant get fined for calling someone bald, or cock eyed, on a football pitch
maybe they should look at that first,

''I called someone fat once in a match, I got nothing against fat people

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:The players not wearing the tops has raised the issue even further which is exactly what they wanted.

I don't think they have gone about it the right way but I think it has made an impact which will prob turn out to be positive.

I'm certain British football doesn't have a race issue (just some fans). Abroad is a bigger issue and needs to be felt with.

:o whatever takes your fancy young luke :|

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:43 pm

milly44 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:The players not wearing the tops has raised the issue even further which is exactly what they wanted.

:o whatever takes your fancy young luke :|

Some lovely ladies abroad I need to feel any colour :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:This campaign has started something when a problem just wasnt there. Now it's make sure we find a problem at all cost :roll: :roll:

Personally I dont think john terry is racist, some of his good mates we're black, it was obviously slip of a tongue Im sure alot of people have said things drunk within the 4 walls of their own homes, or even playing 11 a side sunday games,

they aren't special because they have different skin, you cant get fined for calling someone bald, or cock eyed, on a football pitch

Calling someone black isn't offensive assuming they are black, it's the words that follow that can make it racist.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 am

2blue2handle wrote:
sloper_road_legend wrote:

Calling someone black isn't offensive assuming they are black, it's the words that follow that can make it racist.

Everyone is just to sensative nowadays . You teach your kids sticks and stones ETC I have always told my boy if someone calls you a name call em one back but make sure you call em worse than what they called you. It's life, it's what you get on the factory floor. Then you get the footballers who are stuck in some fantasy land. That is why I can't stand the Ferdinands ! Anton gave Terry a dogs abuse then when Terry reacted its run and whine like a petulant kid to teacher. Then you got Rio who has to be the most irritating hypocritical tw*t going. He gets found guilty of the Choc ice slur to Cole , and now he won't wear the kick it out tops because he feels Racist behaviour is not being dealt with harshly enough ! Ie Terry. Fook me but Rio ain't getting branded the racist all the time like terry is. Again this racist shit is being stoked by the media and pushed by a group making money out of this shit. The trouble is for there own agenda they are turning people racist and they are stoking trouble that just wasn't there. Now they have created a them and us attitude, and even black players that have spoke out about this have been slated and derived. Look at the way Ashley Cole has been treated !! Anyone that does not toe the line in the Racism farce is made to feel more ostracised than Ian Brady.
Sorry but it's a total FARCE !!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 am

well I assume none posting in this thread have had their son coming home from playing crying because a gang of white kids held him down and tried to scrape his black skin off, I assume none of you have had to a neighbors house because their kids spread rumours that because your son is black and from Africa he must have AIDS, I guess none of you have spent hours and hours teaching your sons to deal with kids (who obviously have racist parents) on how to deal with comments and abuse such as "chocolate monkey boy", I assume none of you have had your kids friends stopped coming around because their fathers have said "don't go near the black XXXX or his nigger loving parents", or when girls refuse to touch your son because they don't want to catch 'black' or diseases or when your son goes for an ice cream and the guy serving refuses to serve him or gives him a smaller serving than all the other kids, or when you go into a shop and he is followed just because the shopkeeper assumes that all black kids of his age shoplift. These are just a few of the things you deal with when you are a parent of a black kid.

The school my son went to in Wales was fantastic and did a good job of having a zero tolerance policy, it worked and created an excellent atmosphere with all kids welcoming knowing they were not going to be routinely subjected to racial slurs or abuse.

While I accept that whatever abuse two adults thrown at each other is there business and the world has gone a bit PC mad - people like JT HAVE a responsibility and the racial language he used, whether he is racist or not, will be replicated on playing fields by children who look up to him and will mimic him. So you have to look at the bigger picture - tolerate what John Terry said and we are essentially saying that it's ok to use that kind of language elsewhere and that of course will spill over into other inappropriate behavior. JT would have been sacked in most other workplace.

As a side note in all my years of attending city games with my son we very rarely heard any racial abuse and certainly none was ever directed at my son.

As for the Kick It Out Campaign, perhaps they have outlived their usefulness and I agree with Roberts in particular for his stance on the weekend.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:50 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:well I assume none posting in this thread have had their son coming home from playing crying because a gang of white kids held him down and tried to scrape his black skin off, I assume none of you have had to a neighbors house because their kids spread rumours that because your son is black and from Africa he must have AIDS, I guess none of you have spent hours and hours teaching your sons to deal with kids (who obviously have racist parents) on how to deal with comments and abuse such as "chocolate monkey boy", I assume none of you have had your kids friends stopped coming around because their fathers have said "don't go near the black XXXX or his nigger loving parents", or when girls refuse to touch your son because they don't want to catch 'black' or diseases or when your son goes for an ice cream and the guy serving refuses to serve him or gives him a smaller serving than all the other kids, or when you go into a shop and he is followed just because the shopkeeper assumes that all black kids of his age shoplift. These are just a few of the things you deal with when you are a parent of a black kid.

The school my son went to in Wales was fantastic and did a good job of having a zero tolerance policy, it worked and created an excellent atmosphere with all kids welcoming knowing they were not going to be routinely subjected to racial slurs or abuse.

While I accept that whatever abuse two adults thrown at each other is there business and the world has gone a bit PC mad - people like JT HAVE a responsibility and the racial language he used, whether he is racist or not, will be replicated on playing fields by children who look up to him and will mimic him. So you have to look at the bigger picture - tolerate what John Terry said and we are essentially saying that it's ok to use that kind of language elsewhere and that of course will spill over into other inappropriate behavior. JT would have been sacked in most other workplace.

As a side note in all my years of attending city games with my son we very rarely heard any racial abuse and certainly none was ever directed at my son.

As for the Kick It Out Campaign, perhaps they have outlived their usefulness and I agree with Roberts in particular for his stance on the weekend.

I cannot imagine how your kids must have felt getting shit like that feller. I'd want
to smash the parents!! But disabled, ugly, ginger, slow-witted... everyone gets it in
school. Kids are cunts, unless their parents are decent. Sadly there are loads of scummy
parents in Britain today.

Like you say, JT needed to wind his neck in, he's a horrible c**t that never grew up. But
I disagree with some posters on here that say white racism towards black is somehow more
serious than vice versa, and that black people have a get out clause 'slavery'... I am not
going to apologise for how the human race was 100 years ago. So in my eyes, Ferdinand is
just as guilty as Terry with his facetious and anti-white comments about choc ices etc. All
he does is perpetuate the hatred that ignorant people of all colours feel!!

As for you and your lad? I'd be flabbergasted if anyone had ever abused you. Also, if someone
had, they'd have got a clump off someone for it!!I am proud to
say I lived on Llanrobbery for years (lol) the average colour would be somewhere between
black and beige. Many mixed race families. Nobody gives a f**k. Thats the world I live in.

People who want to make colour an issue are just ignorant.

My only gripe about the whole race issue in Britain is that EVERY race has its racists.

f**k political correctness. Stick them all on an island somewhere until they GROW UP

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:09 am

taffyapple wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:well I assume none posting in this thread have had their son coming home from playing crying because a gang of white kids held him down and tried to scrape his black skin off, I assume none of you have had to a neighbors house because their kids spread rumours that because your son is black and from Africa he must have AIDS, I guess none of you have spent hours and hours teaching your sons to deal with kids (who obviously have racist parents) on how to deal with comments and abuse such as "chocolate monkey boy", I assume none of you have had your kids friends stopped coming around because their fathers have said "don't go near the black XXXX or his nigger loving parents", or when girls refuse to touch your son because they don't want to catch 'black' or diseases or when your son goes for an ice cream and the guy serving refuses to serve him or gives him a smaller serving than all the other kids, or when you go into a shop and he is followed just because the shopkeeper assumes that all black kids of his age shoplift. These are just a few of the things you deal with when you are a parent of a black kid.

I cannot imagine how your kids must have felt getting shit like that feller. I'd want
to smash the parents!! But disabled, ugly, ginger, slow-witted... everyone gets it in
school. Kids are cunts, unless their parents are decent. Sadly there are loads of scummy

Like you say, JT needed to wind his neck in, he's a horrible c**t that never grew up. But
I disagree with some posters on here that say white racism towards black is somehow more
serious than vice versa, and that black people have a get out clause 'slavery'... I am not
going to apologise for how the human race was 100 years ago. So in my eyes, Ferdinand is
just as guilty as Terry with his facetious and anti-white comments about choc ices etc. All

As for you and your lad? I'd be flabbergasted if anyone had ever abused you. Also, if someone
say I lived on Llanrobbery for years (lol) the average colour would be somewhere between
black and beige. Many mixed race families. Nobody gives a f**k. Thats the world I live in.

My only gripe about the whole race issue in Britain is that EVERY race has its racists.

f**k political correctness. Stick them all on an island somewhere until they GROW UP

I'm not really disagreeing with you and I would be outraged if my kids were singled out and discriminated for other reasons other than colour, but picking on someones colour, especially a kid who is trying to find his identity, is worse than commenting on someones size or hair colour.

However my son should not have to take so much shit about his skin colour - he's 14 now but can you imagine as a 7,8,9 or 10 year old being subjected to verbal and physical abuse by kids and their parents?

The point I was making is that when JT said what he said and when people, some on this board defend him, then what kind of message does that convey to kids on soccer pitches across the country? We see or hear one JT comment, what about the kids who idolise him and are copying his antics and in fact perpetuating them in their own social circles. That for me, is a step backwards not forwards. I am not defending the response from people like Rio but defending JT (as some have done on this board) is unwelcome when you are constantly telling your child that skin colour doesn't matter.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:41 am

But different races don't help themselves when they only live in there own communities. You dont get much integration. But each community lives to there own beliefs and not British one's. Some Muslim communities in this Country live to Sharia law. We are different in many cases and have little in common with each other and I don't just mean whites here, the Pakistani and Indian hate each other and the same with Black and Asians, so to say this is just a White's hate everyone is wide of the mark IMO. You don't have Gypsy communities interacting with anyone else either. its life and it's the way it is.

Do I go out and abuse anyone of any race ? No I don't and I do talk with others races when I have interacted. But African bluebird you talk as if no black person is ever racist to a white person, yes it goes on, Just as much as the other way round, if the white person involved is in the minority in schools so to speak. But the main point of this threadi s Racism at football and in a whole it's just not a problem in this country. All this has done is raise racial tension and that is bad for football and bad in general life. As David James said all this is to keep certain individuals in a job as he firmly believes it is not a problem for football in this Country.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:53 am

Racism is not a problem in football is no longer a problem in this country. The biggest racists in this country are non-brits.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:01 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I'm not really disagreeing with you and I would be outraged if my kids were singled out and discriminated for other reasons other than colour, but picking on someones colour, especially a kid who is trying to find his identity, is worse than commenting on someones size or hair colour.

However my son should not have to take so much shit about his skin colour - he's 14 now but can you imagine as a 7,8,9 or 10 year old being subjected to verbal and physical abuse by kids and their parents?

The point I was making is that when JT said what he said and when people, some on this board defend him, then what kind of message does that convey to kids on soccer pitches across the country? We see or hear one JT comment, what about the kids who idolise him and are copying his antics and in fact perpetuating them in their own social circles. That for me, is a step backwards not forwards. I am not defending the response from people like Rio but defending JT (as some have done on this board) is unwelcome when you are constantly telling your child that skin colour doesn't matter.

I wasnt aware he was being defended on here? But at the same time, no police have interviewed
Ferdinand over his 'choc-ice' stuff. There is a lack of equality in the way the authorities deal with
'race' issues. There are the racist whites who have spittle running down their chins at the thought
of 'thick' black people anywhere near them. Yet cheer on their favourite players irrespective of colour
and certainly dont complain if the Doctor who comes out at 3am to their sick children is black or asian

But there are also low-life black and asian people who play the race card to the max, and they are
just as bad. Case in point was a huge argument we had with a guard on Paddington Station, he was
a horrible little b*stard, BT Police came over, and from behind them, he looked, smiled, and said
"did you just call me a black c*nt!".... its the imbalance that enrages me!!!

I hope your kids grow up to be highly successful. I hope one of them ends up a heart surgeon and
ends up with one of his tormentors on the operating table... and that the very last words the arsehole
hears before going under are

"Sorry nurse, cant save him!" :lol: :lol: :lol: