Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If anybody wanted proof

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:16 pm

I in no way one condone the actions of those who misbehaved in the FA Cup tie Chelsea V Cardiff in London a few years ago. However what today's sentence for the prat who hit Kirkland proves is that the sentences handed out after that the incidents in that match were outrageous and completely unfair.

Throwing back an orange traffic cone after it was thrown at Cardiff fans = 2 years.
Assaulting a Premier League goalkeeper after entering the field of play whilst the match is in progress = 4 months.

Travesty is an understatement.

Re: If anybody wanted proof

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

cheppy wrote:I in no way one condone the actions of those who misbehaved in the FA Cup tie Chelsea V Cardiff in London a few years ago. However what today's sentence for the prat who hit Kirkland proves is that the sentences handed out after that the incidents in that match were outrageous and completely unfair.

Throwing back an orange traffic cone after it was thrown at Cardiff fans = 2 years.
Assaulting a Premier League goalkeeper after entering the field of play whilst the match is in progress = 4 months.

If the CCFC lads got 16 months for throwing a cone then Aaron Cawley should have got at least 5 years for assault/breach of ban

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Lets get things in perspective,
Kirkland isn't a premier league Goalkeeper.
:lol:

But seriously though, I understand where you're coming from but the result of throwing a traffic cone could have been fatal(thankfully it wasn't).
Kirkland himself said after the match "my reaction whilst laying on the floor was more of shock than injury".

I agree that the sentence is laughable and shows the system for what it is, however you cannot say which is worse as each act is deplorable.

As Welshman and Cardiff fans we painfully know what the result of a single punch can do or the damage any mindless act can cause,From the Late Mikey to the Welsh fan who was killed by the Flare in the Romanian Game in 1993, we cannot and should not tolerate it.Life is far to precious. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Throwing the traffic cone could of been fatal ?? :o And in other news the shuttlecock in badminton has been deemed a leathal weapon and as from today all players must wear protection the same as American footballers. :roll:
Get Fooking real Chief

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 pm

The guy is a moron, did someone say two previous banning orders?
He attacked a player ffs, he could have had a knife, that will be the next step for some idiot.

And who will suffer? Us and real fans just wanting to watch some football.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Throwing the traffic cone could of been fatal ?? :o And in other news the shuttlecock in badminton has been deemed a leathal weapon and as from today all players must wear protection the same as American footballers. :roll:
Get Fooking real Chief

HEALTH AND SAFETY BOFFINS WILL TELL YOU YOU CAN CHOKE ON A SHUTTLECOCK. :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Another one is not being allowed to take eye tweezers I'm your hand luggage into a plane :lol:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:06 am

Smash some one on the head with a base of a traffic cone and they will a lot more than a FKN headache I can assure you.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:34 am

This is embarassing that someone can get off so lightly with something like this, it takes only one idiot to see this happen and one day a player will be seriously injured by someone who realises how easy it is to get on the pitch and off again.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:58 am

cheppy wrote:I in no way one condone the actions of those who misbehaved in the FA Cup tie Chelsea V Cardiff in London a few years ago. However what today's sentence for the prat who hit Kirkland proves is that the sentences handed out after that the incidents in that match were outrageous and completely unfair.

The biggest travesty is that Mikey Dye's killer will be out in March. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:04 am

Nedd Glas wrote:

The biggest travesty is that Mikey Dye's killer will be out in March. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

This.

Never a truer word said.