Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My phone software is crap, what can I do?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:39 pm

I have a Nokia E72 and I have had it for over two years, the phone itself is brilliant. I am a 17 year old student and it does everything I want. The web browser is kinda rubbish but I downloaded Opera Mini and it opens all the sites I want to view, even big data ones with no problem.

I love the phone it has brilliant features it is much like a Nokia version of a Blackberry. It has a great keyboard, a track pad and also has directional buttons. (If I do not want to use the trackpad)

The only draw back I find on the phone is the operating software. It is Symbian, it is very basic for a smartphone and a lot of apps that are available either on Blackberry's, Android's or Apple I cannot download. I have Whats app messenger which is good for texting mates for free, a very good alternative for Blackberry Messenger.

But I am getting tired of the poor operating software. I do not really want a new phone and I was just wondering if someone knows if I can possibly improve the operating software on it or recommend me to a site where I maybe able to get more answers.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! :ugeek: :)

Re: My phone software is crap, what can I do?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Have you downloaded Nokia suite onto your desktop or laptop from Nokia. Com and connected your phone to it to see if there is an actual software update for your model of phone?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Merlin wrote:Have you downloaded Nokia suite onto your desktop or laptop from Nokia. Com and connected your phone to it to see if there is an actual software update for your model of phone?

I can download the updates straight to my phone without the need of connecting it to my laptop. It searches for updates, but I haven't had one for about a year. Could there be a different update on the Nokia suite?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Is that the slide one? I had it on contract for all of 3 months before i sold it....because the software sucked and it was slow... upgrade ;)

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:23 pm

The Douce wrote:Is that the slide one? I had it on contract for all of 3 months before i sold it....because the software sucked and it was slow... upgrade ;)

No, it's this one!

http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/images/ ... ee-400.jpg

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Just finished checking after downloading the Nokia PC Suite, my software is up to date. It's rubbish though.

Is there any alternative operating software that can be installed on my Nokia E72? To give it like an upgrade?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 pm

BUMP!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:BUMP!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Save up, upgrade or ask your parents to get yourself an iphone or Samsung S3... u will love it :ayatollah: