Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football manager 2013

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 am

Has any body played it yet id yoy pre ordered you get tue BETA version early.

Its has far more on it than last year. The detials on the games is unreal.

Now all i have to do is take city up.

Re: Football manager 2013

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:58 am

They need to reduce the amount of goals disallowed for offside though - doing my head in! Every game there's 1 or two, getting so 40% of 'goals' are ruled out !

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah, got it on Saturday night after paying for my car insurance. A little treat if you will!

Love it at first feel but I'm struggling to sign players. It's very realistic mind. Players such as Jamie Mackie are turning me down to join the likes of Burnley!

I've brought Mark Bonner back to the club as Head of Youth Development, keeping Neal Ardley on as Under 18s Manager but brought in an Under 18s Assistant Manager to help him. Tried getting Eric Cantona as Director of Football but he wanted just a bit too much money.

Played four games in pre-season against Le Havre (2-0), Sheff Utd (2-1), Newtown (2-2) and Rhyl (2-0) using a mix of first team players and youth. I am a bit worried that there might be too much detail this year. It's beginning to feel like a full time job! :D

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Total waste of money. Group project at university was to make a similar smaller scaled version in Java. Nothing hard about it at all. Completely scripted with a few algorithms thrown in for random events. Possibly one of the biggest rip offs of games there is.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Total waste of money. Group project at university was to make a similar smaller scaled version in Java. Nothing hard about it at all. Completely scripted with a few algorithms thrown in for random events. Possibly one of the biggest rip offs of games there is.

Love posts like this :lol: If its so easy to make why have other formats tryed and failed in football manager genre.I'd love to see your version and I bet it has nowhere near the detail and depth of the game.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 pm

gknighty89 wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:Total waste of money. Group project at university was to make a similar smaller scaled version in Java. Nothing hard about it at all. Completely scripted with a few algorithms thrown in for random events. Possibly one of the biggest rip offs of games there is.

Love posts like this :lol: If its so easy to make why have other formats tryed and failed in football manager genre.I'd love to see your version and I bet it has nowhere near the detail and depth of the game.

The game has detail and depth because it has many editors working on databases. It has many statisticians working on it also to gather data. However, the game is completely scripted with a random factor balance which for me ruins the game.

People had the same belief that FIFA was scripted in some aspects in gameplay which gave the AI a sort of power boost which helped them score or made them impossible to break down. It turned out it wasn't true. If you look at FIFA's CM transfer window, its scripted with random chance. You'll often see the same players linked with the same club. Suarez to Spurs, Modric to Manchester United on the last FIFA.

I see FM as nothing more than a glorified combination of spreadsheets and databases linked by algorithms (code) etc. Maybe that's because im a programmer, I dont know. :|

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Funny that i thought you was a scout on there for a seria A side :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:02 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

i thought he was a Data Reviewer for EA :?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Aramore wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

i thought he was a Data Reviewer for EA :?

He was but got sacked i bet now he hates the gaming world :lol: . Hes been alot of things on his other accounts to, hes an internet pork pie teller that thinks it will gain him friends on a screen if he keeps telling fibs to gain them, i dont grasp it but thats how oddballs online work :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Don't half talk a lot of jibber on here.

Im a student studying comp sci and obviously I work as a data reviewer part time voluntarily. Not hard to do.

Give me your emails and I'll happily prove it to your real selves once I know who you are. You'll look beyond daft then.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:32 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:Don't half talk a lot of jibber on here.

Im a student studying comp sci and obviously I work as a data reviewer part time voluntarily. Not hard to do.

Give me your emails and I'll happily prove it to your real selves once I know who you are. You'll look beyond daft then.

You already look daft on here barnett as you done that yourself blagger.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:27 am

englishbluebird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Or did he mean in the game, that will be his next line :lol:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:27 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

I bet he's on the f*cking game as well. :lol:

JAMES "BIG HEAD" BARNETT - Chief Inter Milan scout - West Wales branch.

:old: :old:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

I bet he's on the f*cking game as well. :lol:

JAMES "BIG HEAD" BARNETT - Chief Inter Milan scout - West Wales branch.

:old: :old:

Oh yes then bragging on twitter about it :lol: