Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Clarke Carlisle

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Painfully cringeworthy watching him try and make out hes more intelligent than he really is.

Re: Clarke Carlisle

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Painfully cringeworthy watching him try and make out hes more intelligent than he really is.

awful.the bloke has his own issues .i think he should sort them before trying to be a voice of a generation.could be argued lots of brains and no common sense

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:13 pm

jtc wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Painfully cringeworthy watching him try and make out hes more intelligent than he really is.

awful.the bloke has his own issues .i think he should sort them before trying to be a voice of a generation.could be argued lots of brains and no common sense

He tries to use big words but ends up using them in the wrong context. Just keep it simple Clarke ffs.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
jtc wrote:

He tries to use big words but ends up using them in the wrong context. Just keep it simple Clarke ffs.

another soon to be ex footballer trying to forge a career on the back of an issue that isn,t really there.like i said he has his own issues to deal with.in my view he should nail them before even going near a microphone

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:40 pm

jtc wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
jtc wrote:

another soon to be ex footballer trying to forge a career on the back of an issue that isn,t really there.like i said he has his own issues to deal with.in my view he should nail them before even going near a microphone

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Personally think he's a good man but he must stop this crusade to rid racism from British football when there clearly clearly isn't and issue ffs. Most teams have many black players in their ranks, we do not bat an eyelid these days.

I think JTC has hit the nail on the head, very intelligent but not a modicum of common sense. He needs to do his job properly and stop turning the PFA into the f*cking modern day civil rights movement.

:old:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Personally think he's a good man but he must stop this crusade to rid racism from British football when there clearly clearly isn't and issue ffs. Most teams have many black players in their ranks, we do not bat an eyelid these days.

I think JTC has hit the nail on the head, very intelligent but not a modicum of common sense. He needs to do his job properly and stop turning the PFA into the f*cking modern day civil rights movement.

:old:

Quite right old man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Seems to be a nice guy, but he tries to appear intelligent by saying 'utterly incomprehensible' continuously :lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Should stick to appearing on "Countdown".

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Carlisle is a member of Mensa and is an intelligent man. However he has had huge problems with the booze in the past and from what i have read he may still have those issues. He needs to sort himself out before sorting others problems.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Surely the tag "Britain's Brainiest footballer" isn't the hardest tag to get considering you got to compete with the likes of Wayne Rooney and David Beckham

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Scruffy wrote:Surely the tag "Britain's Brainiest footballer" isn't the hardest tag to get considering you got to compete with the likes of Wayne Rooney and David Beckham

:lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:35 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Carlisle is a member of Mensa and is an intelligent man. However he has had huge problems with the booze in the past and from what i have read he may still have those issues. He needs to sort himself out before sorting others problems.

Mensa means eff all :lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:38 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Carlisle is a member of Mensa and is an intelligent man. However he has had huge problems with the booze in the past and from what i have read he may still have those issues. He needs to sort himself out before sorting others problems.

Hold up everyone we have an Oxbridge graduate here.

:lol: :old: :lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:39 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Seems to be a nice guy, but he tries to appear intelligent by saying 'utterly incomprehensible' continuously :lol:

Anyone can use long words to sound intelligent, but Carlisle is actually a very intelligent guy, so the fact you've had the temerity to insinuate and disregard that ignoramous John Terry is utterly incomprehensible!

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Hold up everyone we have an Oxbridge graduate here.

:lol: :old: :lol:

That joke was utterly incomprehensible!

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:Seems to be a nice guy, but he tries to appear intelligent by saying 'utterly incomprehensible' continuously :lol:

Anyone can use long words to sound intelligent, but Carlisle is actually a very intelligent guy, so the fact you've had the temerity to insinuate and disregard that ignoramous John Terry is utterly incomprehensible!

I'n not saying he's not (he is) but I watched that documentary on racism and he did seem to be trying too hard with his phrasing. Just didn't seem natural, in fact, half the time it was utterly incomprehensible! :lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:02 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I'n not saying he's not (he is) but I watched that documentary on racism and he did seem to be trying too hard with his phrasing. Just didn't seem natural, in fact, half the time it was utterly incomprehensible! :lol:

I agree, that previous post was sarcastic by the way, hence the use of ridiculously long words!

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:39 pm

that,s what i,m getting at gareth.i know his problem.it,s effected me.thing is when i started to do something about it i was told to concentrate on staying sober and stop sticking my beak into other peoples buisness.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I agree, that previous post was sarcastic by the way, hence the use of ridiculously long words!

thought so mate.but you still lost me :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:36 pm

I watched Clarke Carlisle acquit himself well on Question Time a while back. I expect a few on here thought their hero Nick Griffin did better though.