Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would Mark Hudson be able to cut it in the Prem?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Simply just wondering, what other supporters think.
He has come on leaps and bounds since he joined us, one of the best centre backs in the division.

I think he could because what he lacks in pace, his reading of the game makes up for.

What do you lot reckon?

Re: Would Mark Hudson be able to cut it in the Prem?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Not sure, his reading of the game and interception is fantastic, while he also wins a lot in the air. His pace does let him down though

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:38 pm

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:Simply just wondering, what other supporters think.
He has come on leaps and bounds since he joined us, one of the best centre backs in the division.

I think he could because what he lacks in pace, his reading of the game makes up for.

What do you lot reckon?

i think whitts is in the same boat and one of the reasons bigger clubs dont come in for him .... very slow but both read the game well and aslong as we have pace in the team with players like noone, bellers and maynard they will do ok! ... one player i worry about lately is super kev. i think he`s going to struggle if we were to go up along with taylor!

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:15 pm

No chance.

Good championship centre half but his lack of pace would be massively exposed in the PL

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:07 pm

AHERNE wrote:

What do you lot reckon?

i think whitts is in the same boat and one of the reasons bigger clubs dont come in for him .... very slow but both read the game well and aslong as we have pace in the team with players like noone, bellers and maynard they will do ok! ... one player i worry about lately is super kev. i think he`s going to struggle if we were to go up along with taylor!

Regarding Whitts pace isn't needed in the top flight in his position. At centre back pace is normally needed at the top level unless the centre back we are talking about is world class someone like John Terry, Gary Cahill, Daniel Agger, Vincent Kompany etc.

In the middle of the park how many players actually have a lot of pace? Imo not a lot at all. Milner doesn't have pace, nor does Gareth Barry, Scott Parker, Cabaye, Mark Noble (massively under rated player) or even Arteta. These are just players from the top of my head that all play in centre midfield in the premier league that don't look out of place, do not have a lot of pace and are very good players.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Michael Carrick is a cart horse when it comes to pace, but one of the best passers and CM's in the Prem. So in Whitts case I think he could cut it easily :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Whitts would cut it no probs whatsoever.

Hes a far better player than that tw*t Britton down the road.

With more time in the ball in PL he would excel imo.

His deadballs are world class already.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Whitts would cut it no probs whatsoever.

Well said and about Hudson. I have nothing against Hudson but he would get torn apart in the premier league where strikers are not only faster but have better movement than the strikers in this league

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Whitts would cut it no probs whatsoever.

Agree with this completely. England cap in no time, if he excels in the Prem (which I think he will)

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Quite simply, no. Along with the rest of them, bar Whittingham, maybe.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:Quite simply, no. Along with the rest of them, bar Whittingham, maybe.

Along with the rest of them? Like Mutch, Turner, Bellamy and Maynard? :?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:25 pm

What do you lot reckon?

Nay, nay and thrice nay.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Honestly think he would do a good job as a back up reads the game very well! Not sure he would start

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:18 pm

No doubt about it, yes.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:No doubt about it, yes.

i,m not sure .i wouldn,t def say no.ben turner could cut it.perhaps they both could if they were with a pacier partner

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:59 pm

He can hardly hack it in the Championship, he's exposed far too often for my liking. I believe we would have gone up many moons ago if we had a better center back then Hudson. However there is no doubt in my mind that big Ben is going to be a premier league player for years and years.

:old:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:He can hardly hack it in the Championship, he's exposed far too often for my liking. I believe we would have gone up many moons ago if we had a better center back then Hudson. However there is no doubt in my mind that big Ben is going to be a premier league player for years and years.

:old:

Same I would like to see Turner and Connolley given a goal but probably wont happen as hes the captain

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:08 pm

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:
Woody CCFC wrote:Quite simply, no. Along with the rest of them, bar Whittingham, maybe.

Along with the rest of them? Like Mutch, Turner, Bellamy and Maynard? :?

Bellamy will be passed it, Maynard couldn't hold down a spot with West Ham. Haven't seen enough of Mutch. Turner is the most likely to hold his own, still have my doubts mind.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:47 pm

The whole of the defence and front line would struggle in the premiership next season if we got there. Turner would be the one I'd bet on making it in the premiership although I'm sure Taylor, Connolly, Hudson and McNaughton would still contribute to a premiership team's squad. Helguson did well last year but can't see him keeping up the pace for much longer. Would be surprised if Gestede and Velikonja could make it but you never know. Maynard would be our best bet if he can ever stay fit for a decent spell which I hope he does. In midfield we have lots of talent though with whitts, Bellamy, noone, Gunnarson, kimbo and Mutch all being or potentially being premiership quality.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 pm

nope

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Gunnarson "Premiership quality" :lol:

Do me a favour. Hes average at this level nevermind the next. Cant pass water.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:18 pm

If there is one player who would cut the prem it is Ben Turner.. He could do well for ANY club in the prem.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 pm

What do you lot reckon?

No Never not in a million years

if you look at our track records, every 3 games we have a horrendus defensive performance too many mistakes, the consistancy just isn't their, or the pace

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:38 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:

What do you lot reckon?

No Never not in a million years

if you look at our track records, every 3 games we have a horrendus defensive performance too many mistakes, the consistancy just isn't their, or the pace

Lets go back to the days when we were a force in Defence!! :D

James Collins and Gabbidon, Roger Johnson and Glenn Loovens?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:46 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:If there is one player who would cut the prem it is Ben Turner.. He could do well for ANY club in the prem.

The guy who can't get in our team is good enough for man city, Manu and Chelsea :shock:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 pm

My answer to your question would be yes he could.

The guy was awesome in the carling cup final.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:50 pm

Footy Heaven CCFC wrote:My answer to your question would be yes he could.

The guy was awesome in the carling cup final.

everything went right for us,
liverpool could of scored 8 but couldn't hit the target

would he of still had a good game