Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Truthful Fact About Red Shirt Brigade

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 pm

OhhhGa wrote:What is a 'truthful fact'? As opposed to a 'dishonest fact'?

Surely a fact is just a fact? :lol:

nope a fact is something that as happened or is correct, dishonest fact is a lie! :o

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Our fans don't know what the f**k they want these days other than ONE thing. A taste of premiership football. Like a man in the desert imagining an oasis...just give us a f*cking drop! Maybe then we can put things in perspective, rub our eyes clear of the cobwebs and realise what we are doing to our club. We are turning into the McDonald's of the football world! :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:We are turning into the McDonald's of the football world! :lol:

This is what hurts the most mate.

Even away days feel different these days.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:Our fans don't know what the f**k they want these days other than ONE thing. A taste of premiership football. Like a man in the desert imagining an oasis...just give us a f*cking drop! Maybe then we can put things in perspective, rub our eyes clear of the cobwebs and realise what we are doing to our club. We are turning into the McDonald's of the football world! :lol:

Sadly it's becoming true.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Can I ask again cause I never get a reply, Those against the rebranding and call other fans sell outs what have you done to fight against it?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:18 am

CjBluebird17 wrote:Can I ask again cause I never get a reply, Those against the rebranding and call other fans sell outs what have you done to fight against it?

Got a ST refund after 24 years to register my disgust. Cancelled CC World. Boycotted all merchandise.Attended the first KCB meeting, an organisation that was strangled shortly after birth for reasons we already know about, joined CCST in the hope of being part of a supporters group that will lobby for a compromise.

For what it's worth, I still regard myself as being very much a fan of the club and someone who has the long term best interests of the club at heart. I also have no desire to drive Vincent Tan out of town with flaming torches and pitchforks :P I would simply like the guy to really engage with supporters and take on board compromise ideas that work for him in his desire to market the club in the far east but also ones work for us, in our desire to see City retain as much of its core identity as possible.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:53 am

12thMan wrote:
Taff on the Mersey wrote:We are turning into the McDonald's of the football world! :lol:

This is what hurts the most mate.

Even away days feel different these days.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But thats the football cycle sadly.

Theres no point staying a Wimpy or a Bernie Inn if most punters want Mcdonalds

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:Can I ask again cause I never get a reply, Those against the rebranding and call other fans sell outs what have you done to fight against it?

Got a ST refund after 24 years to register my disgust. Cancelled CC World. Boycotted all merchandise.Attended the first KCB meeting, an organisation that was strangled shortly after birth for reasons we already know about, joined CCST in the hope of being part of a supporters group that will lobby for a compromise.

For what it's worth, I still regard myself as being very much a fan of the club and someone who has the long term best interests of the club at heart. I also have no desire to drive Vincent Tan out of town with flaming torches and pitchforks :P I would simply like the guy to really engage with supporters and take on board compromise ideas that work for him in his desire to market the club in the far east but also ones work for us, in our desire to see City retain as much of its core identity as possible.

And fair play to you for having stuck to your guns and are following what you believe in. Others on here are quick to moan at fans for not doing anything whilst doing nothing themselves.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:54 pm

12thMan wrote:Something has become clear to me over the last few months, as I have had the chance to speak to more people I am friends with about the rebranding.

Out of all the people that I know, who have bought a red shirt or been on board with the branding. There is one common factor that they all share.

At some point in their life they have all supported Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal either as their first team or as a second club.

I work in a building with over 1000 people in it and this is the case right the way through, with every single person who has an opinion either way.

What I have found is that if your anti the rebranding, you are Cardiff through and through and have lived in Cardiff and the Valleys your entire life.

If you are pro the rebranding you have either supported Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal at some point in your life, in school or had an interest in them as a second club.

I'm sure I'm going to face a barrage of opposition to this post, but I'm equally sure that many people will also have found this to be true and many more again will know deep down that they've probably only really supported City since we reached the Championship.

If this is true then it is something to be proud of. We have gone from home gates of 4k to 22k in just over a decade so the conversion rate is absolutely marvellous. If the majority of new fans want red over blue then I'm at a loss to understand why their viewpoint is not as valid as those who have supported the team longer and might be against the rebrand.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:01 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:

If you really have the long term interests of the club at heart, why not go along with the rebrand whilst VT is running CCFC and then say 'thank-you very much we revert back to blue' once he is gone? I view the rebrand as a penance for our previous overspending under Hammam/Ridsdale which VT will hopefully settle before floating us on a Far East stock-market.

There is no reason why we can’t return to playing in blue at that point? Just have a little patience and play the long game.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:

If you really have the long term interests of the club at heart, why not go along with the rebrand whilst VT is running CCFC and then say 'thank-you very much we revert back to blue' once he is gone? I view the rebrand as a penance for our previous overspending under Hammam/Ridsdale which VT will hopefully settle before floating us on a Far East stock-market.

There is no reason why we can’t return to playing in blue at that point? Just have a little patience and play the long game.

I certainly have the club's long term interests at heart,I am not so sure that Tan does though. Failure to gain promotion this season and I fully expect to see him asset strip the club and attempt to claw back as much of his investment as possible.Would you honestly see him throwing another £20-30 million at another promotion bid next season? I can't. It is pretty clear that this is the big one, the big gamble.If premiership football is attained then in his eyes the rebrand is vindicated and I would expect to see more of the club's identity diluted. I do not share your optimism that blue will return at some stage.I am originally from a marketing background and see no reason why a future purchaser in a few years time would revert an established premiership club with an established and relatively successful red identity with a red dragon motif,in all likelihood playing in a red stadium back to blue. It would be very expensive to change back,impractical and frankly very unlikely.

As for playing the long game or taking a pragmatic approach,I suppose if it had just been the badge that had changed then I would do that but I think the change of home kit was a step too far for me. I still find it disgraceful and laughable in equal measure. Home shirt colour should be absolutely sacrosanct.