Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Truthful Fact About Red Shirt Brigade

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:49 pm

VT does what he wants. Hes proved that. Being in the PL or Championship wouldnt made any difference to his plan.

Im sorry but billionares dont purposely try and miss out on 90 million.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:VT does what he wants. Hes proved that. Being in the PL or Championship wouldnt made any difference to his plan.

Im sorry but billionares dont purposely try and miss out on 90 million.

I believe the reason we have been rebranded is so VT can sell us on to Chinese business men, or a firm like Vodafone with their red logo. VT being unable to rebrand us may have scuppered any future deal he has in place when he tries selling us on. I personally think VT would have been quite happy not backing Malky to make sure we failed last season to ensure he could rebrand us to keep whoever he is planning to sell us on to in the future happy and interested. Now VT has got his wish rebranding us, he is loaning us money, which he will get back with a 7% interest to try and ensure we do go up. Whether you agree or disagree, you have to wonder why Malky didn't seem to have any money to spend last January, yet VT has since loaned Malky millions to spend this summer since he got his way with rebranding us.

If VT REALLY wanted us to go up last season, then why didn't he back Malky in January? This question will never be answered as nobody knows, but surely there must have been a reason why Malky wasn't backed? You would think if VT really cared about our club and really wanted us to go up, he would have backed Malky back in January, but as we all know, VT doesn't do what's best for our club, he just does what's best for himself. Would VT think there would be any point in our club getting 90 million from going up last season if it decreases his chances of being able to sell us on? I honestly think VT has rebranded us because he already has somebody lined up to sell us on to, and whoever this is must be mad about the colour red which is why VT has rebranded us.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Why couldnt he rebrand us if we had got promotion ?!?!? :?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Why couldnt he rebrand us if we had got promotion ?!?!? :?

He probably would have, but surely VT would have had a much bigger backclash from our fans if that happened? VT couldn't say blue is an unlucky colour if we got promoted could he? If we went up last season, I think more of our fans would have turned against VT because firstly, we would see no need to change our colours as getting promoted last season would have meant we did succeed playing in blue and it couldn't be perceived as an unlucky colour; and secondly, I think most of our fans would think as a Premiership club and a capital city, we would attract a lot more interest and we would find someone with a similar amount of financial power to VT who would also respect the tradition of our club and keep us blue. I'm not saying I wholeheartedly believe everything I am saying in this thread, I am just putting ideas out there to generate debate. I personally think VT would have found it a lot more difficult to rebrand us if we got promoted last season, and this could possibly have been a factor with our lack of spending last January.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Why couldnt he rebrand us if we had got promotion ?!?!? :?

He probably would have, but surely VT would have had a much bigger backclash from our fans if that happened? VT couldn't say blue is an unlucky colour if we got promoted could he? If we went up last season, I think more of our fans would have turned against VT because firstly, we would see no need to change our colours as getting promoted last season would have meant we did succeed playing in blue and it couldn't be perceived as an unlucky colour; and secondly, I think most of our fans would think as a Premiership club and a capital city, we would attract a lot more interest and we would find someone with a similar amount of financial power to VT who would also respect the tradition of our club and keep us blue. I'm not saying I wholeheartedly believe everything I am saying in this thread, I am just putting ideas out there to generate debate. I personally think VT would have found it a lot more difficult to rebrand us if we got promoted last season, and this could possibly have been a factor with our lack of spending last January.

Please tell me when VT has EVER said blue was unlucky?? Please because the only people that mention it are the ones against teh rebranding. So if you can show me where he has said it then its a load of bollocks

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 pm

I think VTs already shown he doesnt give a shit about what we think mate.

I dont go in for all these condpiracy theories.

My theory is first two seasons he tried thinking like a businessman and do it on the cheap and now hes realised realistically he has to throw a lot of money at it. Yes Jacks and Reading in recent seasons done it on a tight budget but they are the exception rather than the rule.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:30 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Please tell me when VT has EVER said blue was unlucky?? Please because the only people that mention it are the ones against teh rebranding. So if you can show me where he has said it then its a load of bollocks

In Malaysia blue is apparantly associated with death and funerals. VT changed us to red as part of "his vision" to generate more interest in Malaysia.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:I think VTs already shown he doesnt give a shit about what we think mate.

I dont go in for all these condpiracy theories.

My theory is first two seasons he tried thinking like a businessman and do it on the cheap and now hes realised realistically he has to throw a lot of money at it. Yes Jacks and Reading in recent seasons done it on a tight budget but they are the exception rather than the rule.

Yes I do agree VT tried doing it on the cheap initially. Obviously he is throwing a lot more money to try and get us to the Premiership now, but I just think it's a coincidence how he's only decided to do this since he got his own way rebranding us. We will just have to wait and see where we finish in the table this season and see what happens from there. Anyway, I have 5 a side at 7pm so I am off to get ready, feel free to continue debating if there's anything that springs to mind. :)

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Your normally a good poster but thats the biggest load of shit ive read on the rebrand and theres been some shit written :lol:

I retract that. Its the second biggest pile if shit ive read as ive just read Tontegs theory. Jesus wept. :lol:

My theory that VT didn't want us to go up last season? Can you explain how VT barely gave Malky a penny to spend in January then, yet he has decided to loan Malky millions to sign players this summer as soon as he rebranded us? Don't say the players weren't there last January, because Reading brought in Matt Connolly on loan and they were towards the bottom of the table at the time, in a position a lot worse than us. Matt Connolly is obviously a player Malky would have wanted back in January as he signed him this summer, and if Malky wanted Connolly back in January, he would have got him as I'm sure Connolly would have chosen to join us, who were in 3rd at the time ahead of a struggling Reading at the time.

So why wasn't Malky able to bring in Matt Connolly or anyone else back in January? Because VT wouldn't back Malky back in January! I honestly think VT wanted us to fail in blue last season to give him extra ammunition to rebrand us and brainwash gullable City fans into thinking blue is unlucky and red is lucky to justify his rebranding. VT only cares about himself, he doesn't care about our club or fans. So I don't think my theory of VT refusing to back Malky last January because he wanted us to fail in blue so he could go ahead rebranding us is a stupid theory at all.

I totally agree with you

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:50 pm

I believe you get to an age and a time in your life were your looking for what you see as a valid reason to give up going to football [Tosh syndrome i think it's called[ for me it's was players wages,and the thought of having to go to work and earn in one year what these guys earn in a week.Fact is though i still love CCFC and even know they still have the power to make or ruin my night depending on the result.The three season ticket holders i work with all agree that as long as the club moves forward results wise then the colour change dose'nt bother them.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

In Malaysia blue is apparantly associated with death and funerals. VT changed us to red as part of "his vision" to generate more interest in Malaysia.

"Apparently" says it all. Its a rumor made to make VT seem backwards and out of touch. Indeed it was done on a whim no denying it but the reasons made up are ridicolous. I agree with what you said in a previous post its to do with interesting certain investors. By the way its not I asked my Malaysian flat mate and he said the colour blue is neither unlucky or lucky and wouldnt make a blind bit of difference in getting a higher malaysian following.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

"Apparently" says it all. Its a rumor made to make VT seem backwards and out of touch. Indeed it was done on a whim no denying it but the reasons made up are ridicolous. I agree with what you said in a previous post its to do with interesting certain investors. By the way its not I asked my Malaysian flat mate and he said the colour blue is neither unlucky or lucky and wouldnt make a blind bit of difference in getting a higher malaysian following.

That's why I used the term apparantly, because that was what was being said at the time, although like you say, it has since been proven the Malaysian's don't see blue as unlucky and they don't particularly see red as lucky. So that's why I think the reason we have been rebranded is to make us more attractive to a potential investor who VT has lined up. I think VT wants to get us into the Premiership along with the new training ground, increased capacity to our stadium etc so everything is set up and ready to sell us on. If this is the case, this will of course mean we will stay playing in red for a very long time, possibly forever! We will just have to wait and see what happens. Whether we get promoted or not will have more of an impact than us just moving up to the Premiership. Whether we get promoted or not could well shape what the future holds for our football club regarding potential investors and the direction our club heads to.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Aramore wrote:Was there any point in this post?

Or are you just trying to get some attention because no one's bought a t-shirt from you in the past few weeks?

:lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

That's why I used the term apparantly, because that was what was being said at the time, although like you say, it has since been proven the Malaysian's don't see blue as unlucky and they don't particularly see red as lucky. So that's why I think the reason we have been rebranded is to make us more attractive to a potential investor who VT has lined up. I think VT wants to get us into the Premiership along with the new training ground, increased capacity to our stadium etc so everything is set up and ready to sell us on. If this is the case, this will of course mean we will stay playing in red for a very long time, possibly forever! We will just have to wait and see what happens. Whether we get promoted or not will have more of an impact than us just moving up to the Premiership. Whether we get promoted or not could well shape what the future holds for our football club regarding potential investors and the direction our club heads to.

I agree with what you say to be fair. What I want to do is wait untill VT has given everything he has promised and then protest to get the colour changed bacl. Who says we cant get our own way

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:04 am

That's the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:13 am

BigGwynram wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick Gwyn, he's against the rebrand - threaten to bury him! :roll:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 am

This guy is chatting poo! ive never supported any other team apart from CARDIFF and i prefer the red, ive been a season ticket holder for 13 years, so i don't see where your coming from? :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:22 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
BigGwynram wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick Gwyn, he's against the rebrand - threaten to bury him! :roll:

Why would I do that, I've never done it before as you well know,(and I actually know the lad and he's a decent bloke who just has a different view to me) but for some weird sick obsessive stalker esque troll reason, you must think that if you keep writing it often enough, some people may even start to believe it.
Personally I think it just makes you look a bit bonkers and gives you a credibility rating of zero, then one day when you have something serious or important to get out there, then people will just dismiss it as twaddle.

If you think it get's to me, then obviously you know me not at all. Duck back water off, rearrange to suit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Bluubird67 wrote:This guy is chatting poo! ive never supported any other team apart from CARDIFF and i prefer the red, ive been a season ticket holder for 13 years, so i don't see where your coming from? :ayatollah:

I don't necessarily agree with all that the opening poster has written either. Sure, I've heard one or two S Wales based Liverpool and United fans tell me that they are going to catch some City games this season as they like the red kit - bizarre but true :roll: but most fans I know have reluctantly gone along with the red thing rather than actively supported it because they have United,Arsenal or Liverpool tendencies.

I am interested in your view those Bluubird67, even fans,like Gwyn who have got behind the rebrand more than most,have stated that they would ideally still rather us play in blue. Whereas, you 'prefer the red.' Now, that really does interest me because I have not heard too many fans say that so far!!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:51 pm

I wouldn't say that it is a "truthful fact". However, it may be the case in a lot of situation.

So, when did you carry out this survey of 1000 people who work in your building?

Care to share the results of your research?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:51 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

It came from Alan Whiteley back in May this year saying that is what VT had told him.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Or are you just trying to get some attention because no one's bought a t-shirt from you in the past few weeks?

You are obviously a Man U fan. :roll:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:54 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Your flatmate is correct.

If blue was an "unlucky" colour in Malaysia or elsewhere in the Far East then it would not be the corporate colour of VT`s Bejaya Group .

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Karl wrote:I wouldn't say that it is a "truthful fact". However, it may be the case in a lot of situation.

So, when did you carry out this survey of 1000 people who work in your building?

Did he say he had carried out a survey?,I think it was a generalisation or did you not read it properly.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:03 pm

mr.angry wrote:
Karl wrote:I wouldn't say that it is a "truthful fact". However, it may be the case in a lot of situation.

Did he say he had carried out a survey?,I think it was a generalisation or did you not read it properly.

Ooh a generalisation? So it's not a "truthful fact" then.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:12 pm

mr.angry wrote:

You are obviously a Man U fan. :roll:

You got me. My first game was Huddersfield Home this season because i could pretend I was watxhing my beloved Man U if I squinted a bit :roll:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

which is not same as unlucky is it?? just morbid! :o

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm

castle view blu wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Your normally a good poster but thats the biggest load of shit ive read on the rebrand and theres been some shit written :lol:

I retract that. Its the second biggest pile if shit ive read as ive just read Tontegs theory. Jesus wept. :lol:

My theory that VT didn't want us to go up last season? Can you explain how VT barely gave Malky a penny to spend in January then, yet he has decided to loan Malky millions to sign players this summer as soon as he rebranded us? Don't say the players weren't there last January, because Reading brought in Matt Connolly on loan and they were towards the bottom of the table at the time, in a position a lot worse than us. Matt Connolly is obviously a player Malky would have wanted back in January as he signed him this summer, and if Malky wanted Connolly back in January, he would have got him as I'm sure Connolly would have chosen to join us, who were in 3rd at the time ahead of a struggling Reading at the time.

So why wasn't Malky able to bring in Matt Connolly or anyone else back in January? Because VT wouldn't back Malky back in January! I honestly think VT wanted us to fail in blue last season to give him extra ammunition to rebrand us and brainwash gullable City fans into thinking blue is unlucky and red is lucky to justify his rebranding. VT only cares about himself, he doesn't care about our club or fans. So I don't think my theory of VT refusing to back Malky last January because he wanted us to fail in blue so he could go ahead rebranding us is a stupid theory at all.

I totally agree with you

a pheory is just that a pheory non provable at that!! :roll:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Proudly been a Bluebirds supporter all my life (first game 1967) and now proudly wear a red shirt.

you are talking out of your nether regions.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:48 pm

What is a 'truthful fact'? As opposed to a 'dishonest fact'?

Surely a fact is just a fact? :lol: