Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Truthful Fact About Red Shirt Brigade

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:49 pm

Something has become clear to me over the last few months, as I have had the chance to speak to more people I am friends with about the rebranding.

Out of all the people that I know, who have bought a red shirt or been on board with the branding. There is one common factor that they all share.

At some point in their life they have all supported Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal either as their first team or as a second club.

I work in a building with over 1000 people in it and this is the case right the way through, with every single person who has an opinion either way.

What I have found is that if your anti the rebranding, you are Cardiff through and through and have lived in Cardiff and the Valleys your entire life.

If you are pro the rebranding you have either supported Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal at some point in your life, in school or had an interest in them as a second club.

I'm sure I'm going to face a barrage of opposition to this post, but I'm equally sure that many people will also have found this to be true and many more again will know deep down that they've probably only really supported City since we reached the Championship.

Re: Truthful Fact About Red Shirt Brigade

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:54 pm

I've found this with a few people I have spoke to. But I used to support Man Utd up until about 2007, and still 'liked' them as a second team until 2008/9. Cardiff were my second team since I was about 8, then I went to my first match against Birmingham in 2006 and the scales have tipped Cardiff's way since then and since 2008/9 I have had no interest in Man Utd.

And I'm totally against the rebrand!

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:06 pm

That's a very interesting fact but it doesn't surprise me, as my opinion is the majority going along with the rebrand don't really care about the identity, tradition and heritage of our club. They just want to see successful football and want to watch us in the Premiership so they can get to see their real heroes like Wayne Rooney playing in the flesh. I would even go as far as say some of the pro rebranders think of us as their second club. The fans we have at the moment makes me cringe, if we get to the Premiership and play Man Utd at home for example, I honestly think some of our so called fans going along with the rebrand will actually be wanting Man Utd to beat us! :(

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Was there any point in this post?

Or are you just trying to get some attention because no one's bought a t-shirt from you in the past few weeks?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:08 pm

12thMan wrote:Something has become clear to me over the last few months, as I have had the chance to speak to more people I am friends with about the rebranding.

Out of all the people that I know, who have bought a red shirt or been on board with the branding. There is one common factor that they all share.

At some point in their life they have all supported Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal either as their first team or as a second club.

I work in a building with over 1000 people in it and this is the case right the way through, with every single person who has an opinion either way.

What I have found is that if your anti the rebranding, you are Cardiff through and through and have lived in Cardiff and the Valleys your entire life.

If you are pro the rebranding you have either supported Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal at some point in your life, in school or had an interest in them as a second club.

I'm sure I'm going to face a barrage of opposition to this post, but I'm equally sure that many people will also have found this to be true and many more again will know deep down that they've probably only really supported City since we reached the Championship.

I don't understand what point your making? You emphasise only second teams that play in red, are you therefore saying that Cardiff supporters who have also supported say Spurs, Chelsea, Leeds, Everton etc are also against the rebrand because they are anti-red? Or that any Cardiff supporter who likes any other team apart from Cardiff seems more comfortable with the re-branding?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:08 pm

BigGwynram wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There will obviously be exceptions, like your good self Gwyn. But just saying it as I've seen it mate.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Aramore wrote:Was there any point in this post?

Or are you just trying to get some attention because no one's bought a t-shirt from you in the past few weeks?

If I cared about that, would I really be risking alienating some potential customers by starting a post like this?

It's just something I have found over the last few months and haven't seen it being discussed on here before.

I'm keen to see if other people have noticed the same thing.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:18 pm

12thMan wrote:Something has become clear to me over the last few months, as I have had the chance to speak to more people I am friends with about the rebranding.

The point of your findings are?
What was the point in finding that out?
Not going to make a blind bit of difference to anyone I reckon.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

I don't understand what point your making? You emphasise only second teams that play in red, are you therefore saying that Cardiff supporters who have also supported say Spurs, Chelsea, Leeds, Everton etc are also against the rebrand because they are anti-red? Or that any Cardiff supporter who likes any other team apart from Cardiff seems more comfortable with the re-branding?

What I'm saying is that you grow up supporting football teams and also develop an emotional connection to the colour that your club plays in.

A large % of people growing up support Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal who play in red. Is it not crazy to assume that those City supporters amongst us who did at some point support those clubs, receive the rebrand more positively?

Whether you realise it or not, it's subconscious. I've supported City all my life and therefore would buy a blue sweater, car or anything else for that matter over a red one.

Why would you be opposed to a rebrand from Blue to Red, if you grew up supporting a club that plays in Red anyway? It's no biggie as you don't really have a strong emotional connection to the colour Blue.

Most decisions we make are often triggered by feelings and behaviours learnt at a young age, I'm just trying to add some psychology to the rebranding.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Bang on i reckon 12thman. end of the day everyone has a pop whats the point in this etc , makes sense to me.... fully. All ive ever known is blue, an when its all you ever known its alot harder to let go than supporting a couple of year an think f**k it blue to red thats fine, joke if u ask me. blue thru an thru!

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:54 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:That's a very interesting fact but it doesn't surprise me, as my opinion is the majority going along with the rebrand don't really care about the identity, tradition and heritage of our club. They just want to see successful football and want to watch us in the Premiership so they can get to see their real heroes like Wayne Rooney playing in the flesh. I would even go as far as say some of the pro rebranders think of us as their second club. The fans we have at the moment makes me cringe, if we get to the Premiership and play Man Utd at home for example, I honestly think some of our so called fans going along with the rebrand will actually be wanting Man Utd to beat us! :(

speak for yourself! supported for 43yrs i dont particularly care about shirt or badge its cardiff city the name that i support so do alots of others, so please feel free to label me a plastic but hey what the fck cant please all of the people all the time! and success is winning a game whatever league city are in! :P

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:That's a very interesting fact but it doesn't surprise me, as my opinion is the majority going along with the rebrand don't really care about the identity, tradition and heritage of our club. They just want to see successful football and want to watch us in the Premiership so they can get to see their real heroes like Wayne Rooney playing in the flesh. I would even go as far as say some of the pro rebranders think of us as their second club. The fans we have at the moment makes me cringe, if we get to the Premiership and play Man Utd at home for example, I honestly think some of our so called fans going along with the rebrand will actually be wanting Man Utd to beat us! :(

speak for yourself! supported for 43yrs i dont particularly care about shirt or badge its cardiff city the name that i support so do alots of others, so please feel free to label me a plastic but hey what the fck cant please all of the people all the time! and success is winning a game whatever league city are in! :P

Look at the word I have highlighted in bold and underlined. I wasn't labelling everyone going along with the rebrand a plastic. I do honestly believe some of our fans going along with it will be wanting Man Utd to beat us next season if we go up mind.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Total f*cking bollocks, you said everyone. I own a red shirt and would rather us have stayed blue but I support Cardiff City whatever colour we play in. This banging on about the shirt colour is getting quite f*cking tedious

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:Total f*cking bollocks, you said everyone. I own a red shirt and would rather us have stayed blue but I support Cardiff City whatever colour we play in. This banging on about the shirt colour is getting quite f*cking tedious

I agree with that. I bought a red shirt because it is our home shirt. Ive always bought our home shirt, its a stupid superstition but I dont buy the away kit because ive always found when I wear an away shirt we lose, so I dont buy it. Our home shirt is red this season so I bought the red shirt. Ive never supported any other team than Cardiff.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:55 pm

well i supported liverpool in school and funny enough ive supported wales too! ;)

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:14 pm

12th man that's the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard and if that's your belief your way out can we assume then that all those who are anti red don't want change and want to live in the past in they're exclusive little club of feeling important and better than the rest of ordinary city fans who also go home and away for over 40 yrs its sad really :(

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Does the top in your avatar come in red?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Your normally a good poster but thats the biggest load of shit ive read on the rebrand and theres been some shit written :lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:22 pm

This is neither truthful or a fact :roll: There are probably lots of fans that support the investment (not necisarily the colour change by the way) that dont support a second team including me. Honestly how many fans have you spoken to out of the entire fan base most likely a small minority. Its getting petty now that fans that are against the rebranding are still trying to make themselves a more superior fans to those that arent.
Last edited by CjBluebird17 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:23 pm

This is neither truthful or a fact :roll: There are probably lots of fans that support the investment (not neccesarilycthe colour change by the way) that dont support a second team including me. Honestly how many fans have you spoken to out of the entire fan base most likely a small minority. Its getting petty now that fans that are against the rebranding are still trying to make themselves a more superior fans to those that arent.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Your normally a good poster but thats the biggest load of shit ive read on the rebrand and theres been some shit written :lol:

I retract that. Its the second biggest pile if shit ive read as ive just read Tontegs theory. Jesus wept. :lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Your normally a good poster but thats the biggest load of shit ive read on the rebrand and theres been some shit written :lol:

I retract that. Its the second biggest pile if shit ive read as ive just read Tontegs theory. Jesus wept. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:35 pm

There's going to be reasons why people are either for or against the rebranding. I think what I've posted in this thread is one of the reasons why a lot of people might be for the rebranding, I'm not saying it applies to everyone.

Psychology influences our opinions and feelings on a daily basis. Many people support Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal at a young age and then grow out of it. Is it crazy to assume that the same people wouldn't feel so strongly about a rebrand from Blue to Red, when they'd already felt positively about teams playing in that colour in another part of their life?

I knew I'd get torn up by some people for posting this, but I bet if a proper impartial survey was conducted [where people were honest with themselves] the results would shock people...

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Did you also carry out the survey for Whiskas cat food, when they said that 9 out of 10 cats prefer Whiskas? :lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:37 pm

bluecyw wrote:12th man that's the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard and if that's your belief your way out can we assume then that all those who are anti red don't want change and want to live in the past in they're exclusive little club of feeling important and better than the rest of ordinary city fans who also go home and away for over 40 yrs its sad really :(

Yes mate, that's probably true as well.

I'd guess that most people opposed to the rebranding, are probably more resistant to change in other parts of their life as well.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

My theory that VT didn't want us to go up last season? Can you explain how VT barely gave Malky a penny to spend in January then, yet he has decided to loan Malky millions to sign players this summer as soon as he rebranded us? Don't say the players weren't there last January, because Reading brought in Matt Connolly on loan and they were towards the bottom of the table at the time, in a position a lot worse than us. Matt Connolly is obviously a player Malky would have wanted back in January as he signed him this summer, and if Malky wanted Connolly back in January, he would have got him as I'm sure Connolly would have chosen to join us, who were in 3rd at the time ahead of a struggling Reading at the time.

So why wasn't Malky able to bring in Matt Connolly or anyone else back in January? Because VT wouldn't back Malky back in January! I honestly think VT wanted us to fail in blue last season to give him extra ammunition to rebrand us and brainwash gullable City fans into thinking blue is unlucky and red is lucky to justify his rebranding. VT only cares about himself, he doesn't care about our club or fans. So I don't think my theory of VT refusing to back Malky last January because he wanted us to fail in blue so he could go ahead rebranding us is a stupid theory at all.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

My theory that VT didn't want us to go up last season? Can you explain how VT barely gave Malky a penny to spend in January then, yet he has decided to loan Malky millions to sign players this summer as soon as he rebranded us? Don't say the players weren't there last January, because Reading brought in Matt Connolly on loan and they were towards the bottom of the table at the time, in a position a lot worse than us. Matt Connolly is obviously a player Malky would have wanted back in January as he signed him this summer, and if Malky wanted Connolly back in January, he would have got him as I'm sure Connolly would have chosen to join us, who were in 3rd at the time ahead of a struggling Reading at the time.

So why wasn't Malky able to bring in Matt Connolly or anyone else back in January? Because VT wouldn't back Malky back in January! I honestly think VT wanted us to fail in blue last season to give him extra ammunition to rebrand us and brainwash gullable City fans into thinking blue is unlucky and red is lucky to justify his rebranding. VT only cares about himself, he doesn't care about our club or fans. So I don't think my theory of VT refusing to back Malky last January because he wanted us to fail in blue so he could go ahead rebranding us is a stupid theory at all.

Except its been quoted that Malky nearly signed Sordell (stopped last minute) and Noone (again stopped last minute) but sure your correct VT didnt want us to go up at all

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Cant wait for polo to comment on this tripe :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Oh my life it gets worse :lol:

12th mans theory now in 3rd place with Tonteg occupying piles 1 and 2 :lol: