Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jordon Mutch

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:47 am

We are missing him big time, especially for our away games. Without Mutch in our midfield, I think we are too soft, Mutch is imposing and has a steely grit about his game which makes him a nightmare to play against. He is our only midfielder who can really stamp his authority on the game, winning tackles, driving forwards with the ball and creating space to allow Whittingham to work his magic. Without Mutch, I feel our midfield becomes somewhat anonymous and outplayed at times, the sooner Mutch comes back the better imo.

Re: Jordon Mutch

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:57 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:We are missing him big time, especially for our away games. Without Mutch in our midfield, I think we are too soft, Mutch is imposing and has a steely grit about his game which makes him a nightmare to play against. He is our only midfielder who can really stamp his authority on the game, winning tackles, driving forwards with the ball and creating space to allow Whittingham to work his magic. Without Mutch, I feel our midfield becomes somewhat anonymous and outplayed at times, the sooner Mutch comes back the better imo.

Totally agree, hope he is back Tuesday

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:We are missing him big time, especially for our away games. Without Mutch in our midfield, I think we are too soft, Mutch is imposing and has a steely grit about his game which makes him a nightmare to play against. He is our only midfielder who can really stamp his authority on the game, winning tackles, driving forwards with the ball and creating space to allow Whittingham to work his magic. Without Mutch, I feel our midfield becomes somewhat anonymous and outplayed at times, the sooner Mutch comes back the better imo.

Totally agree, hope he is back Tuesday

agree with both.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:28 pm

What i cant undertand is he originally was suffering from what was said to be a relatively minor injury yet and with the international break hes been out for ages
maybe malky is only bringing players back when they are 110% which is kind of understandable at this early stage of the season
Im sure mutch and bellers would have played yesterday if we were later on in the season

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Mutch is a very important player to us but we suppose to have players who can cover now but we havent have we

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Two words - Filip Kiss.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:53 pm

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:

Two words - Filip Kiss.

I agree Kiss should be featuring a lot more, especially after his impressive pre season. I would select Kiss ahead of Cowie and Gunnarsson in our centre midfield and I think if we had to play 4-5-1, we would win any midfield battle with Kiss and Mutch alongside Whittingham.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:07 pm

englishbluebird wrote:What i cant undertand is he originally was suffering from what was said to be a relatively minor injury yet and with the international break hes been out for ages
maybe malky is only bringing players back when they are 110% which is kind of understandable at this early stage of the season
Im sure mutch and bellers would have played yesterday if we were later on in the season

had a few injuries at birmingham.think he broke his ankle last year.in training after a few games.of course he will be missed.6ft ,good in the air,decent tackler ,vision,left foot or right,long or short ball with a engine..not too many like him.touch of the carricks i reckon.i.m.o we have missed him.i thought we,d be ok but i think we have missed him a lot

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:

Two words - Filip Kiss.

I agree Kiss should be featuring a lot more, especially after his impressive pre season. I would select Kiss ahead of Cowie and Gunnarsson in our centre midfield and I think if we had to play 4-5-1, we would win any midfield battle with Kiss and Mutch alongside Whittingham.

Agree with everything you have said here! :) :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Where is he?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Was talking to a Fellow Bluebird today and said the same, he's a perfect foil for Whitts and we need him back soon!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Gunnarsson is twice the player Mutch is and Kiss is marginally better than him. Not Mutch f*cking good in my opinion.

:old:

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:47 pm

jtc wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:What i cant undertand is he originally was suffering from what was said to be a relatively minor injury yet and with the international break hes been out for ages

had a few injuries at birmingham.think he broke his ankle last year.in training after a few games.of course he will be missed.6ft ,good in the air,decent tackler ,vision,left foot or right,long or short ball with a engine..not too many like him.touch of the carricks i reckon.i.m.o we have missed him.i thought we,d be ok but i think we have missed him a lot

hes class no doubt but worrying that he seems to be injury prone . with bellamy and smith injured again thats 3 top players we cant be without for a promotion push

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Gunnarsson is twice the player Mutch is and Kiss is marginally better than him. Not Mutch f*cking good in my opinion.

:old:

Fair play :lol: :ayatollah: