Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Question for the sell out reds

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:04 pm

i would have rathered us start again like rangers than lose our identity but i still follow us now any way. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:25 pm

cwmbranbluebird wrote:i would have rathered us start again like rangers than lose our identity but i still follow us now any way. :ayatollah:

And you think Rangers haven't lost their identity, they have lost everything, they no longer exist FACT.
Glasgow Rangers and all they achieved and their tradition and history have gone, the club closed and went out of business.

There is a new club formed called Newco, but they are a New Club and have to start from scratch and build a new history, how can you say that is not losing their identity, find that a bit of a contradiction.

We are still cardiff City, we are still the Bluebirds, we have never gone bust or gone into admin and put loads of small business into bankruptcy, we have a history and luckily we now have a future as well. :old:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Tell that to the 49,000 or so regulars who pack out Ibrox every other weekend watching their team play in blue :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
cwmbranbluebird wrote:i would have rathered us start again like rangers than lose our identity but i still follow us now any way. :ayatollah:

And you think Rangers haven't lost their identity, they have lost everything, they no longer exist FACT.
Glasgow Rangers and all they achieved and their tradition and history have gone, the club closed and went out of business.

There is a new club formed called Newco, but they are a New Club and have to start from scratch and build a new history, how can you say that is not losing their identity, find that a bit of a contradiction.

We are still cardiff City, we are still the Bluebirds, we have never gone bust or gone into admin and put loads of small business into bankruptcy, we have a history and luckily we now have a future as well. :old:

should have explained it better, not being newco but admin, releasing staff and relegation would be acceptable for me. starting again without the historical debt and red. i dont critisise the pro reds but iam not and thats my opinion.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:38 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Tell that to the 49,000 or so regulars who pack out Ibrox every other weekend watching their team play in blue :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tell them what, that they are now watching a new club, because that's what it is no matter how you wrap it up.FACT.
If it's just about shirt colour, there must be a few in the Welsh league playing in Blue, take your pick, as for me I support Cardiff City and its much more than a colour or badge to me. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 pm

cwmbranbluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

should have explained it better, not being newco but admin, releasing staff and relegation would be acceptable for me. starting again without the historical debt and red. i dont critisise the pro reds but iam not and thats my opinion.

The possibility of admin may not have even been there, it would have been liquidation and application to join the welsh League, and not acceptable to most.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:45 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
cwmbranbluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

The possibility of admin may not have even been there, it would have been liquidation and application to join the welsh League, and not acceptable to most.

i wish the fans owned a perecntage of the club then maybe we would have had the choice rich red birds or ????

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:54 pm

or maybe a choice could have been admin, cost cutting a few relegations, the fans buying a a percentage of the club, having a say at board level, and then rising back up the leagues debt free and playing in blue with our badge. that i would have prefered to the red shite. But i will support us whatever happens.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Will you bin your red shirts and pretend you were against the Malaysians the whole time if we do not achieve promotion this season? Or will you simply swap it for the red of United or Liverpool that you used to wear? It's the Premiership at all costs fans that have generally accepted this change.

Just wondering if the jelly back bones among our ranks will practice what they preach and "Support the club no matter what" as that's the criticism that has been aimed at harcore, anti Malaysian rebrand blues like myself.

:old: :old:

No....next question!!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Lucky colour, fair play :mrgreen:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:25 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
cwmbranbluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Ok then so to what gain to the club was changing the home kit to Red the answer is nothing at all.He could av put the cash in and kept us blue.

What benifit other than Tan just changing the kit to his prefered prefrence did we as a club get from it.

I would love to see the shirt sales for this and last season at the end of the season.I can buy a Bristol city or wolves kit etc from certain stores but not a city top hardly world wide sales marketing is it.Tan wanted to sell the kit in asia ok how many has he sold there so far ?

The change of kit to me is unjustified unless someone can prove me wrong of cause.The investment is bollocks so far a reported 90 mill in debt he hasnt turned any debt into equity and Langston are still owed money.He has spent on players to hopefully get us in the prem soon as so he can get a pay day but what about Cardiff City in the long term then ?

At the moment apart from the team doing well the rest dont look good at all its a matter of when will the bubble burst and if we stay in this league it will defo go pop.Thats my take on it and I am entitled to an opinion. :ayatollah: