Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

More 4-5-1 hoofball

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:31 pm

More 4-5-1 hoofball Please malky :shock: teams always miss there chances normally but it seems today there putting them away vs us, have we even had a shot yet :?: , same shit away showing playing this 4-5-1, no doubt he will change to 4-4-2 with 15mins left like at ipswich and we won. I just dont get why he plays it vs teams who are playing 4-4-2, we have an extra midfielder and the ball misses them all :(

Re: More 4-5-1 hoofball

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:43 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:More 4-5-1 hoofball Please malky :shock: teams always miss there chances normally but it seems today there putting them away vs us, have we even had a shot yet :?: , same shit away showing playing this 4-5-1, no doubt he will change to 4-4-2 with 15mins left like at ipswich and we won. I just dont get why he plays it vs teams who are playing 4-4-2, we have an extra midfielder and the ball misses them all :(

agreed, and our biggest attacking threat is on the bench... i know last yrs midfield didnt work, so we will start with it today!!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:45 pm

I don't understand why MAlky hasn't signed a big 6ft+ striker as he clearly inteneds to play hoofbalk so why don't we do it properly? instead of another 5ft9 striker running himself into the ground.
Last edited by Aramore on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Maybe a good hiding is what we need to wake the c**t up on the sidelines i would rather go down 3-2 playing 4-4-2 having a go at them than playing 4-5-1 and having three shots on goal in 90mins with two of them going wide while we hoof it for 90mins, its f*cking boring. Other teams score vs us 95% of the time when we play 4-5-1 thats why i would rather play 4-4-2 and have a go. :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:48 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Maybe a good hiding is what we need to wake the c**t up on the sidelines i would rather go down 3-2 playing 4-4-2 having a go at them than playing 4-5-1 and having three shots on goal in 90mins with two of them going wide while we hoof it for 90mins, its f*cking boring. Other teams score vs us 95% of the time when we play 4-5-1 thats why i would rather play 4-4-2 and have a go. :ayatollah:

i have to agree

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Maybe a good hiding is what we need to wake the c**t up on the sidelines i would rather go down 3-2 playing 4-4-2 having a go at them than playing 4-5-1 and having three shots on goal in 90mins with two of them going wide while we hoof it for 90mins, its f*cking boring. Other teams score vs us 95% of the time when we play 4-5-1 thats why i would rather play 4-4-2 and have a go. :ayatollah:

i have to agree

He will play the same in the 2nd half you watch untill the last 10-15mins even though we are 2-0 down and have not mustered up ONE f*cking SHOT TOWARDS GOAL YET :shock:

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:52 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

i have to agree

He will play the same in the 2nd half you watch untill the last 10-15mins even though we are 2-0 down and have not mustered up ONE f*cking SHOT TOWARDS GOAL YET :shock:

im looking at the bench and would like to see noone and mason from the start and formation switched. but as you say, bet there will be no difference until 89mins 59 secs

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:57 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:More 4-5-1 hoofball Please malky :shock: teams always miss there chances normally but it seems today there putting them away vs us, have we even had a shot yet :?: , same shit away showing playing this 4-5-1, no doubt he will change to 4-4-2 with 15mins left like at ipswich and we won. I just dont get why he plays it vs teams who are playing 4-4-2, we have an extra midfielder and the ball misses them all :(

away from home he is clueless. Let them worry about us. Promotion...yr aving a laugh. It is every away game

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:59 pm

You say Mackay is spoilt for choice,and of course he is,but you know as well as i do that he will go with a rigid 451 formation,with Conway on the wing instead of Noone,and will continue to play Cowie from the start,and oh yes looking to draw the game instead of trying to win it from the very start,he only bucks his ideas up if we fall behind......i hope I'm wrong................................................i refer you to my posting above,which i posted several days ago,i think you will agree most of my predictions have been proven accurate,now if i know what Mackay's team selection and tactics are going to be,i dare say an experience Championship manager would also be able to predict the same,i hope that the final part of my prediction where Mackay bucks his ideas up when we fall behind,comes to past.................this Manager will cost us valuable away points with his timidity and safety first mentality

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:00 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

i have to agree

im looking at the bench and would like to see noone and mason from the start and formation switched. but as you say, bet there will be no difference until 89mins 59 secs

Wont make any diffrence tbh if he dont change it at start of 2nd half we have lost the game simple as that, not one effort on goal ffs we are top of the league playing defensive crap on are box. Why play five in the midfield if we can not string 3passes together with an extra man it shocking, whats worse is how comes we have to hoofball it past them five midfield to helguson who is a sloth at best if its not landing on his chest or by his feet we have no chance of getting possession or holding it up for us to push on from our 18yard line which is where we camp in most away games playing this formation :shock:

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:03 pm

angelis49 wrote:You say Mackay is spoilt for choice,and of course he is,but you know as well as i do that he will go with a rigid 451 formation,with Conway on the wing instead of Noone,and will continue to play Cowie from the start,and oh yes looking to draw the game instead of trying to win it from the very start,he only bucks his ideas up if we fall behind......i hope I'm wrong................................................i refer you to my posting above,which i posted several days ago,i think you will agree most of my predictions have been proven accurate,now if i know what Mackay's team selection and tactics are going to be,i dare say an experience Championship manager would also be able to predict the same,i hope that the final part of my prediction where Mackay bucks his ideas up when we fall behind,comes to past.................this Manager will cost us valuable away points with his timidity and safety first mentality

On the last point of your post where you say his timidity and safety first mentality well thats no good really is it because again stats prove 95% of the time other teams score weather we are 1-0 up or not the other team always score most of the time, thats why i would rather go for it when we play 4-4-2 atleast we can get shot efforts on goal then or even a chance of scoring while having a go at them, but most games we play this set up 4-5-1 we muster up 3-4 efforts on goal at best its shocking.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:06 pm

whitts, gunnarsson, cowie, conway.. this midfield wasnt good enough last yr, so why start with these 4 away to forest..

we spent x on noone, kimbo, velikonja etc to add to this yrs squad and we dont start any of them...

maybe we dont have the depth and quality we actually think we do..

feel sorry for velikonja to be honest, especially as rudy gets on the bench ahead of him.. bet he is really frustrated...

rudy being on the bench infront of velikonja is like my nan starting on monday night instead of me! and shes been dead for years!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:whitts, gunnarsson, cowie, conway.. this midfield wasnt good enough last yr, so why start with these 4 away to forest..

we spent x on noone, kimbo, velikonja etc to add to this yrs squad and we dont start any of them...

maybe we dont have the depth and quality we actually think we do..

feel sorry for velikonja to be honest, especially as rudy gets on the bench ahead of him.. bet he is really frustrated...

rudy being on the bench infront of velikonja is like my nan starting on monday night instead of me! and shes been dead for years!

:lol: i cba to write another story reply im sitting here listening to this on city player thinking how many time shave i had to listen to dire showings.

3-0 NOW
great, they gone 4-5-1 now and we do f**k all to counter it :(