Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Andy Legg linked to Bluebirds return??

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 pm

CARDIFF City have officially launched their search for a new youth academy manager – and former Bluebirds favourite Andy Legg could be among those considered.

Legg, 46, was in the Bluebirds team promoted to the Championship in 2003 and is now manager of Welsh Premier League Llanelli, who are facing financial problems.

Legg is preparing for Llanelli’s Welsh Premier home match against Afan Lido at Stebonheath Park tonight (7.30pm) and was not available for comment.

Cardiff need a new academy manager following the departure of Neal Ardley to take charge at League Two AFC Wimbledon. Ardley’s assistant Geraint Twose is interim manager.

Cardiff’s head of recruitment Iain Moody is leading the search for Ardley’s replacement, while club manager Malky Mackay will be heavily involved in the process.

Mackay’s aim is to ensure there is a smooth path for young players from the youngest levels within the academy through to the first team.

Former City midfield player Kevin Cooper is under-21 development team manager.

Joe Ralls, Theo Wharton and Declan John are among the teenagers currently in Cooper’s under-21 squad.

The job description for the role of academy manager includes overseeing the under-21, under-18, under-16 and all younger squads at the club.

“The successful applicant must have significant coaching experience, hold a Uefa A coaching licence and also ideally hold a current Academy manager’s licence,” says Cardiff City’s job advert.

“The candidate must also have well established experience of leading a diverse and dynamic team.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z29kP2Cy00

Re: Andy Legg linked to Bluebirds return??

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Great news that!!

Olay Olay Olay Olay andy leg leg leg andy leg leg leg

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:53 pm

I would love for him to return to this club in any role. Was my favourite player when I firsted started watching Cardiff when I was a kid :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Loved leggy when he was here and has been doing some management.
My preference would still be Kavanagh though.

Fair play to Leggs though, when he was playing whatever he lacked in quality he more than made up with pure passion and fitness. Corky and LL must have signed a million players to replace him but he always pushed his way back in.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Be great to have him back at the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Legg's one of my all time favorites. Be great to see him back involved with the club. :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Leggy was also my favourite city player hope he gets the job

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Leggy is one of my all time favourite players but a word of warning, if you speak to alot of the llanelli players, they do not rate him as a coach or manager! #JustSaying

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 pm

We could use some fullback cover :D :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:54 pm

My mates son plays for them and reckons AL is the dogs bollocks and loves working with him,good news for us.I wonder who would throw the ball the furthest him or Gunner?.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:28 pm

I like the sound of that, met him a few years ago when he was still playing for the city, really nice guy and would be ideal for us. :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:36 pm

Olay olay olay olay andy legg legg legg :ayatollah:
One of my favs over the years :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Come home Andy :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:57 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Be great to have him back at the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:00 am

I'd like it to be a former city player especially someone like leggy but at the end of the day it has to he the right man for the job rather than the name.