Andrea Ferretti

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:16 pm

any one remember if this guy ever played or scored for city ? :lol:

Re: Andrea Ferretti

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm

He played for us alright but never scored I think. Had a mean left foot :lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:26 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:He played for us alright but never scored I think. Had a mean left foot :lol:

"Mean" as in not generous.

:lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Ferretti always felt like an almost guy, I always expected something special from him and it never happened.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ferretti always felt like an almost guy, I always expected something special from him and it never happened.

Lots of those about. Is Mr Gestede our latest one?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Ferretti always felt like an almost guy, I always expected something special from him and it never happened.

Not sure, such different types of players. I think Rudy has already been more useful than Ferretti

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Not sure, such different types of players. I think Rudy has already been more useful than Ferretti

True but he was a player that a lot of us, initially, thought was a great find. Not many praising him recently but he has been injury-prone, unfortunately.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

True but he was a player that a lot of us, initially, thought was a great find. Not many praising him recently but he has been injury-prone, unfortunately.

Not sure what to make of Rudy, has his flaws but at the same time useful especially with what we have ATM. Throwing balls into the box with Rudy and HH will cause problems for many a team.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Not sure what to make of Rudy, has his flaws but at the same time useful especially with what we have ATM. Throwing balls into the box with Rudy and HH will cause problems for many a team.

No doubt, but I'm not a fan of us launching it all the time, I'd prefer a bit of variety, especially against defences with lots of tall players.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:36 pm

No of course not, but if all else fails then why not. The only time I've really ever seen us do it was Ipswich away

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 am

Andrea Ferretti
Personal information
Date of birth 18 September 1986 (age 26)
Place of birth Montecchio Emilia, Italy
Height 178 cm
Playing position Striker
Club information
Current club Spezia
Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2004–2005 Parma 0 (0)
2005–2007 Cardiff City 5 (0)
2006 → Scunthorpe United (loan) 4 (0)
2007–2009 Cesena 20 (3)
2009–2011 Pavia 59 (21)
2011 Spezia 6 (0)
2012 → Carpi (loan)

he now plays for spezia in the italian 2nd division (which is a bit like the scottish premier only with more guns) :lol:
and men in suits

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:18 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:Andrea Ferretti
Personal information
Date of birth 18 September 1986 (age 26)
Height 178 cm
Playing position Striker
Club information
Current club Spezia
Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2004–2005 Parma 0 (0)
2007–2009 Cesena 20 (3)
2009–2011 Pavia 59 (21)
2011 Spezia 6 (0)
2012 → Carpi (loan)

he now plays for spezia in the italian 2nd division (which is a bit like the scottish premier only with more guns) :lol:
and men in suits

He came through the youth academy of Italian club Parma before being offered a trial at Football League Championship club Cardiff City, after becoming highly recommended by Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

fergy obviously had him watched by the same scout that told him to sign djemba djemba and dong fangzhaou :shock:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:43 am

Personal information
Date of birth (1986-09-18) 18 September 1986 (age 26)
Height 178 cm
Playing position Striker
Club information
Current club Spezia
Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2004–2005 Parma 0 (0)
2007–2009 Cesena 20 (3)
2009–2011 Pavia 59 (21)
2011 Spezia 6 (0)
2012 → Carpi (loan)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:40, 17 January 2012 (UTC).
† Appearances goals

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Ferretti came to Caardiff because Alex Ferguson wanted to toughen him up. AF was constantly phoning Dave Jones looking for updates on him.

This lad wass undoubtably the most tallented player ever walk in to Ninian Park. A bold statement maybe but he was really tallented.

His problem though was he was lazy, he didn't like the rain, and more importantly he was a bit of a whimp.

He had a raw God given tallent but he didn't want to do the hard work to develop. He just wasted it. If the weather was nice then he'd go out there and enjoy himself. Still he didn't like the fitness parts and if it was cold or wet then he would fade away.

The other lads in the academy learned very quickly that if you wanted to stop him playing that's all you had to do was slam in to him the once. He couldn't come back from that. He'd start a game head and shoulders above everyone else, but someone would slam him and that was the end of his game. A total waste of space for the rest of the match.

He could have been as good as he wanted to be. The best players in the world are so because they are the first in training and the last to leave and they put more effort in. Ferretti didn't want to do that. I hope he's happy flipping those burgers.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:02 pm

ferretti had a shot on him like John Buchanan, problem was he didn't have a Scooby where it was going? :roll: