Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we fail to get promoted this season?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:47 pm

I believe we have a great chance this season :ayatollah:
But ive heard some fans say this season is a be all end all and we must get promotion is it really shit or bust?..
Or will the owners keep building the squad/club for another crack at the premiership?
What do people think will happen?

Re: If we fail to get promoted this season?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 pm

I don't think it is. Whatever happens this season, I think our Malaysian owners have gotten in to deep with our club just to cut there loses. Vt is a very wealthy man but I'm sure he didn't become so wealthy by writing off tens of millions of pounds. One way or another he will want to succeed and recoup his money before he quits with us, self made wealthy people like vincent tan are driven to succeed, that's how they become so wealthy, they see things as a challenge, when the rest of us would see it as a lost course lol

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:04 pm

jinks-rct wrote:I believe we have a great chance this season :ayatollah:
But ive heard some fans say this season is a be all end all and we must get promotion is it really shit or bust?..
Or will the owners keep building the squad/club for another crack at the premiership?
What do people think will happen?

It's been said year after year after year.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Imagine the attendances then next year if we didn't go up! :shock:

16,000 a game? :lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Yes we have got a great chance of promotion this season as in previous seasons and I hope we achieve that goal, but at the end of the day if we miss out it will be disappointing, but we will still have a club to support and the Championship isn't that bad to watch is it?

When you're a true City supporter you take the rough with the smooth and your club's existence is all that matters. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 pm

CantonJack wrote:Imagine the attendances then next year if we didn't go up! :shock:

I don't think so, not with the price freeze.
I don't think it would drop below 20k even if we didnt go up.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Imagine the attendances then next year if we didn't go up! :shock:

I like your optimism. I hope you're right but I really would rather we got promoted now, especially as I live so near to Swansea and would appreciate the disappearance of some of their new merchandise wearers. I won't call them fans, because a lot of them aren't.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I like your optimism. I hope you're right but I really would rather we got promoted now, especially as I live so near to Swansea and would appreciate the disappearance of some of their new merchandise wearers. I won't call them fans, because a lot of them aren't.

Obviously I would rather we went up.
If we don't attendances will drop but not massively IMO.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Obviously I would rather we went up.
If we don't attendances will drop but not massively IMO.

I think the home crowds could drop to 16,000 next season if we really disappoint this season and don't at least get to Wembley for the play-off final.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Hopefully we will never find out.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Hopefully we will never find out.

So many good players on our books now, we just need to avoid injuries and suspensions and get the job done. Hopefully, Maynard's injury was our bit of bad luck and we'll keep rolling from here on, starting on Saturday.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: