Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FROM THE JAM...IN THE GLOBE

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:41 pm

november 3....with bruce foxton.....anyone else going :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: FROM THE JAM...IN THE GLOBE

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 pm

wheres the globe mate

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:52 pm

krabb wrote:november 3....with bruce foxton.....anyone else going :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Was at JTQ gig last Saturday at Globe. If your going to FTJ you prob would have enjoyed it too - or maybe you were there? Great venue for bands. From The Jam well worth it, good gig.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Southwest Lion wrote:wheres the globe mate

Albany rd - Roath - Cardiff

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:41 am

Seen them up in porth earlier this year........very good sound, brought back some memories......took my son and his mate and we got down the front juming up and down.........well for about 45 mins then i went down like a knackered lift, :oops: much to the amusement of my son and his mate.......I had to stand at the back then and get some cool lagers down me. 8-)
well worth a look :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:41 am

Whats venue like. ? Never heard of it before however seeing Twisted Wheel there tonight.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:37 am

Its actually an old cinema. Looks nothing from outside but inside its intimate i.e. a very good place for a live band. Saw JTQ last week and was excellent. You don't get many of these small venues that CCC don't close down because of "noise pollution", like The Point etc. Drinks are amazingly cheap too. Have a couple of beers in the Claude just 5 mins away. Not a bad boozer.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Drum God that is Mark Brzecki (Big Country) playing drums in From The Jam. :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Southwest Lion wrote:wheres the globe mate

albany road....the old cinema site :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Denzil wrote:Seen them up in porth earlier this year........very good sound, brought back some memories......took my son and his mate and we got down the front juming up and down.........well for about 45 mins then i went down like a knackered lift, :oops: much to the amusement of my son and his mate.......I had to stand at the back then and get some cool lagers down me. 8-)
well worth a look :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:D :D

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:33 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Its actually an old cinema. Looks nothing from outside but inside its intimate i.e. a very good place for a live band. Saw JTQ last week and was excellent. You don't get many of these small venues that CCC don't close down because of "noise pollution", like The Point etc. Drinks are amazingly cheap too. Have a couple of beers in the Claude just 5 mins away. Not a bad boozer.

saw the beat there last year,,drinking cans of stella......the rest of the night.....i cant remember :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: