Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who should malky sign in jan?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:12 pm

I think we will be very active this January in the window.

I hope we get a big striker!!! I always said that we needed a big squad to compete in this league. We have the squad but we need a big man up front!!

:ayatollah:

Re: Who should malky sign in jan?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:20 pm

defensive cover hopefully.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Realistic loan signings to finish the job:

John Guidetti - Man City (Loan)
Frazier Campbell - Sunderland (Loan)
Connor Wickham - Sunderland (Loan)
Pajtim Kasami - Fulham (Loan)
Danny Wilson - Liverpool (Loan)

Really not sure when it comes to permanent signings. All will depend on injuries at other clubs.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Couple more on loan:

Jon Flanagan - Right Back - Liverpool
Jack Robinson - Left Back - Liverpool

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 pm

Charlie Austin , no point going for good championship players we need to go for players with premiership potential.
If we get promoted he's the type of player who we'd realistically go for in the summer, so If were in the mix in January lets make a move then.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Need full backs i reckon. Get decent cover and we should be fine then!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Jollffe wrote:Couple more on loan:

Good shouts.

Cristian Tello on loan could be a good shout. He has been demoted to Barcelona B, doubt he's happy playing there after once being in Barcelona's set up so he might like a move to prove himself again.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:

Good shouts.

Cristian Tello on loan could be a good shout. He has been demoted to Barcelona B, doubt he's happy playing there after once being in Barcelona's set up so he might like a move to prove himself again.

Easy tiger...we ain't swansea city yet!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:36 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:

Good shouts.

LMFAO

No brainer for me.. Emile Sinclair.. hes 300k max after being transfer listed and last year of his contract.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:51 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:

Good shouts.

LMFAO

No brainer for me.. Emile Sinclair.. hes 300k max after being transfer listed and last year of his contract.

According to Ferguson he does not know where the story came of Sinclair asking for a transfer and claims their is no substance from the source of the rumour ! so i think you could be way off the mark in regards to a 300k transfer :o

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:12 am

Bob Bank Blues wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:

Good shouts.

Who are they?

On a serious note, I can understand its most likely not possible but if a player is frustrated you'll be surprised what business you can do. He can't be on a ridiculous wage if he's at Barca B so a move might be good. No one thought Vicente would go to B&HA or Davids to Palace. Both are old and obviously cashing in whereas Tello is wanting to prove himself. He must be fuming being demoted at the age of 21.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:19 am

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Bob Bank Blues wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:

Good shouts.

Who are they?

On a serious note, I can understand its most likely not possible but if a player is frustrated you'll be surprised what business you can do. He can't be on a ridiculous wage if he's at Barca B so a move might be good. No one thought Vicente would go to B&HA or Davids to Palace. Both are old and obviously cashing in whereas Tello is wanting to prove himself. He must be fuming being demoted at the age of 21.

You're talking about a player Liverpool failed to bring in on loan due to the £1.5m fee. It just won't happen.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Jollffe wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
Bob Bank Blues wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:

Good shouts.

Who are they?

You're talking about a player Liverpool failed to bring in on loan due to the £1.5m fee. It just won't happen.

Liverpool will have a premium because of their status. Barcelona aren't stupid and will try and screw big teams for every penny they have just as Newcastle did to Liverpool and Fulham were trying to do. It would probably cost us £1m. For a striker/winger with pace and who can finish and knowing Maynard is back come next season a short term deal at that price is great business.

Or we could spend money and then get tied into paying a player 4 years of £20-25k wages.