Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Forest will give the Bluebirds a taste of their own

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:56 pm

NOTTINGHAM Forest will give the Bluebirds a taste of their own medicine at the City Ground on Saturday.

Manager Malky Mackay uses Aron Gunnarsson’s long throw as an attacking weapon – and Forest have a distance man of their own – Greg Halford.

The former Sunderland and Wolves defender loves to hurl the ball into danger areas from the sidelines and Halford says: “We’ve already scored goals from my throw-ins and I hope there are more to come.

“The manager (Sean O’Driscoll) just wants us to use it at the right times. If the chance comes to throw it long against Cardiff we will use it.

“We are looking forward to playing Cardiff. They are top of the Championship and it’s going to be a tough match, but we believe we can take all three points.

“They are a club who are always up there challenging near the top. They are strong, extremely well organised and have quality players.

“We are going to have to come with a lot of fresh ideas to break them down, but this is a game we can win.”

Forest will again be without Dexter Blackstock, who completes a three-match suspension by sitting out the Cardiff match, and Marcus Tudgay, who is almost fit after a hernia operation.

Tudgay, though, needs more training time and this Saturday’s clash comes too early for a return.

Henri Lansbury, Forest’s £1m signing from Arsenal, is another doubt. He is almost fit, but Forest hoped he would go away and play for England Under-21s against Serbia.

Lansbury had to withdraw from the England squad and that makes him extremely doubtful for Saturday’s match against Cardiff.

Forest earned a 1-0 win at Peterborough in their last match having previously gone five games without a win.

England international Jermaine Jenas, signed on loan from Spurs, will be in the Forest squad. He started his playing career at Forest.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z29euM44EO

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -32054119/

Re: Forest will give the Bluebirds a taste of their own

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Forest won't give us anything.

WATCH OUT, THE BLUEBIRDS ARE COMING!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Always expect a tough game against Forest, but I reckon we'll take it. Forest 0-2 City. Maybe a clean sheet is wishful thinking but we can do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:Forest won't give us anything.

WATCH OUT, THE BLUEBIRDS ARE COMING!

And they shouldn't, no team gives away points..

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 pm

I think 2-0 City

Their long throw doesn't worry me as we have players like Hudson, Connolly who will win most headers, and others such as Gunnarsson and Helguson who will also win a few.
Nice to see they have a few players out, especially Blackstock :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Good to see that they have a few players out and we'll be at full strength!

Would be great to give them a hiding after how they acted up over Whitts

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Forest 0 City 5 hudson, smith 2, whitts, bellamy.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:56 am

If thats the case then their long throw has very little effect....... just the same as ours!

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Tough place to go, can see some goals in this one 3-3