Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Has Ledley gone backwards as a player in the SPL?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:26 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
No, I'm not mentally retarded (I don't go to Aber for a start ;) )

So, it's impossible to go backwards in the SPL because Jelavic was good in it? Eh?

Is it also impossible to go backwards in League 1 because Rhodes was good in it? Surely you've just chosen one outstanding player in a crap league and used it to generalise massively?

Who said it was impossible? The fact of the matter is he said 'anybody' which is proven false by one person. You might not go to Aber but I bet you do some spacker degree. :roll:

Great so, in conclusion, Ledley hasn't gone backwards in the SPL because another player didn't :roll:

You linked the two cases, I didn't. I was just stating that not every player who plays in the SPL goes backwards, which is true.

Ignored the degree part then :lol:

What degree are you doing by the way?

English Lit here in Cardiff.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:48 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
English Lit here in Cardiff.

Fair enough mate. I applied for Cardiff and could have went but in the end wanted to move away from home. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Ledley should have improved but IMO he has stayed static sadly which was always going to happen going to Celtic.
Has looked over weight for a long time now.

He went for the money rather than the career, can't blame him but he will always wonder now IMO.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:09 pm

No, I still think Ledley is a good player, in my opinion I would still like to see him in a City shirt.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:27 am

Ledley's been a good player for Celtic. Been out injured for a while, only just back now, came off the bench to play Spartak Moscow away in the champs league just recently.

gone backwards? :lol: No.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:52 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:Ledley's been a good player for Celtic. Been out injured for a while, only just back now, came off the bench to play Spartak Moscow away in the champs league just recently.

Daft by name daft by nature :lol:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:26 am

BluebirdJoe wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:Ledley's been a good player for Celtic. Been out injured for a while, only just back now, came off the bench to play Spartak Moscow away in the champs league just recently.

Daft by name daft by nature :lol:

what, daft coz i think a player leaving a championship team to play for a decent team that happens to get a crack at the champions league once a year isnt going backwards. fine by me.

we play forest then watford.

ledley could play st mirren & then barcelona.

he must be really regretting leaving cardiff right now :lol:

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:48 am

Just because he's playing in the Champions league it doesn't mean he's playing for a better team necessarily, it means he's playing in a shitter league that just so happens to have champions league spots.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:17 pm

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:Ledley was never that good anyway. Complete myth he was good enoght for the premiership.
Bottom 6 of the championship player..

Please tell me you're joking! :shock:

When he played for us, when Jones moved him into centre midfield it was a stroke of genius. At the time when he played for us he was probably the best box to box midfielder in the championship. He was a better version of Aron Gunnarsson imo.
Don't get me wrong I think Gunnar is a really good box to box central midfielder but Ledley had a bit more than him.

Joe was equally as good attacking in the final third and defending too. He wasn't that great, I mean we only turned down a £6 million offer from a premier league club for him.. :roll:

You should have gone to specsavers,i agree with jinks,thought he was very negative on the ball just making simple boring passes.