Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone been to the walkers stadium

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:46 pm

How good is this trip? thinking of doing by train in december?

Re: Anyone been to the walkers stadium

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:48 pm

went there a few years ago with my mates we drove up and parked in some designated area and walked over.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Cardiff_Davies wrote:How good is this trip? thinking of doing by train in december?

Not that good mate tbh. Decent stadium and all that but Leicester as a place is a dive IMO. Some people will like it but I didn't. Save your money for a new year trip :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Trying to do as many new grounds this year, doing blackpool in january :) and wolves..

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Went to Leicester Uni had 3 great years there. Been back for a weekend with the lads for the last 7 years since leaving. Ground is a souless bowl. Bit bigger than the CCS but all new grounds seem to be the same.

Good on the piss. LOADS of pubs if you know where you are going.

Even blagged a free pint from Savage and Keith gillespie when they were at the foxes. Both great lads!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Went there last season, but don't think its called the Walkers any more. King Power or something. The police had held back the coaches at Leicester Forest services, so did not get there until about quarter to three. Fairly run of the mill modern stadium. Nothing special. And lost 2-1. A day to forget :(

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:21 pm

It's ok, don't serve beer though :twisted: :lol: ....I thought Leicester were quite vocal last year, well they did beat us 2 - 1 :twisted:

King Power it is now, I work in Leicester so doing a overnighter on the 22nd when we play them and going on the piss with a few of them :D ...Lets hope we beat them. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:46 pm

They were vocal, to be fair. They played very well, and we were poor. 2-1 flattered us a bit!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Marc wrote:It's ok, don't serve beer though :twisted: :lol: ....I thought Leicester were quite vocal last year, well they did beat us 2 - 1 :twisted:

King Power it is now, I work in Leicester so doing a overnighter on the 22nd when we play them and going on the piss with a few of them :D ...Lets hope we beat them. :ayatollah:

Going drinking with a few of them :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: were not good enough for you now is it Marc ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:57 pm

saddam wrote:
Marc wrote:It's ok, don't serve beer though :twisted: :lol: ....I thought Leicester were quite vocal last year, well they did beat us 2 - 1 :twisted:

Going drinking with a few of them :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: were not good enough for you now is it Marc ;) :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Me and Bomber staying in Leicester overnight :shock: ....then driving to Cardiff the next morning :D :D ...you're more than welcome to join us...might be a tight fit in the van the next day though :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Marc wrote:
saddam wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Me and Bomber staying in Leicester overnight :shock: ....then driving to Cardiff the next morning :D :D ...you're more than welcome to join us...might be a tight fit in the van the next day though :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

i will start a new thread now mate............
leicester away forum pissup. all staying up there overnight and Marv will drive us all back the next day ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:09 pm

saddam wrote:
Marc wrote:
saddam wrote:

leicester away forum pissup. all staying up there overnight and Marv will drive us all back the next day ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

tw*t :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Looking forward to Blackpool in Jan the most mind :D :D ...just to see you and Dai Taxi top and tailing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Marc wrote:
saddam wrote:
Marc wrote:
saddam wrote:

tw*t :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Looking forward to Blackpool in Jan the most mind :D :D ...just to see you and Dai Taxi top and tailing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote
Cant wait for the weekender mate going to be cracking.
Taxi aint coming and i have sorted the room allocations and you aint seen who i got you in with yet ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:17 pm

saddam wrote:
Marc wrote:
saddam wrote:
Marc wrote:
saddam wrote:

tw*t :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Looking forward to Blackpool in Jan the most mind :D :D ...just to see you and Dai Taxi top and tailing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote
Cant wait for the weekender mate going to be cracking.
Taxi aint coming and i have sorted the room allocations and you aint seen who i got you in with yet ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't fook around with who you pairing me with :twisted: :twisted: ...I'll suffocate the c**t if he snores :lol: :lol: ...probably be up all night anyhow with all the class A's :shock: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:24 pm

I got to do a final tweak to the room allocation due to having an extra 2 people booking on this week. 30 in total :ayatollah:
but dont worry mate i have sorted you out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i did take into consideration that you like them BIG when picking for you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you have had the pleasure of meeting my gay mate Royston aint you??????/ ;) :lol: :shock: :? :P
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:27 pm

saddam wrote:I got to do a final tweak to the room allocation due to having an extra 2 people booking on this week. 30 in total :ayatollah:
i did take into consideration that you like them BIG when picking for you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you have had the pleasure of meeting my gay mate Royston aint you??????/ ;) :lol: :shock: :? :P

Thank fook for that :D :D :D ...thought I was sharing with You then :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Marc wrote:
saddam wrote:I got to do a final tweak to the room allocation due to having an extra 2 people booking on this week. 30 in total :ayatollah:

Thank fook for that :D :D :D ...thought I was sharing with You then :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Royston is looking forward to it as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Dead :twisted:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Stunning ground :)

Went there last season and we lost 2-1.. Their attacking at home is scary :shock:

Got a penalty in the last 15 minutes.. we deserved to lose by a lot more to be fair.

If you haven't been then go.. always nice to go new ground! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Ground is ok, very steep.
Surrounding area is horrid.

I wouldn't go again.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:33 am

Went up a few years ago midweek with Dibs tours. Only about 300 city fans, went to a pub innbetween the football and rugby stadiums, bit more of a rugby pub than football. Police were ok apart from one with a big ugly dog which kept barking all through the game.........city fans then started chanting......put him down put him down put him down......thought the copper was going to cry...!!! The stadium is like all new grounds......boring.Get to one of the older grounds you may never see again is my tip.......like London road.......or someone we draw in the cup. :ayatollah: