Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who should be next Wales manager?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Everyone wants Coleman out, he was a terrible choice in the beginning and I never had the confidence in him before he even started the job.

The team that SPEED built had something about it we were playing great football, scoring goals and also had a pretty solid defence. We've got the quality of players to really hurt other international teams at the moment but all of Speed's work has been unravelled by Coleman and the confidence that was bleeding right through the team has dissapeared.

Coleman needs to be replaced NOW! Since he took over results have been bad and performances have been abysmal.

Who could we bring in though? The FAW will not break the bank and we need someone who can do the job! But who?

Re: Who should be next Wales manager?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:52 pm

0 replies then apart from this.I think it translates into we havent got anyone to replace him so it looks like we're stuck with Coleman and all those screaming 'Coleman out' obviously havent thought it through.

For what it's worth and it's highly unlikely to happen but what about Harry Redknapp.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 pm

As Gary Speed prooved you dont need to have had a great deal of experience.......and you dont get the players for long........so you need a figure head like speed who has the respect of the players and a decent coach who can organise a system to play to who also has the buy in of the players.
We dont have either at the moment !!!!!!!!
And you wont get big names who are not welsh interested....so
We are looking at an ex player and a young up and coming coach.
somthing like Simon Davies......and justin edinburgh for example.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Big Ray Verheijen

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Good ol' JR wrote:Big Ray Verheijen

This is the best choice for me, Speed was just the figurehead and the motivator. I believe Ray was behind the tactics and both men played an excellent role TOGETHER. This is why Dutch Ray should have been given the job as the players clearly respected him. But it's the Welsh nationalists who will be up in arms, they hate an English captain I think they'd die of a stroke if we employed at Dutch manager.

:old: :old:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:

This is the best choice for me, Speed was just the figurehead and the motivator. I believe Ray was behind the tactics and both men played an excellent role TOGETHER. This is why Dutch Ray should have been given the job as the players clearly respected him. But it's the Welsh nationalists who will be up in arms, they hate an English captain I think they'd die of a stroke if we employed at Dutch manager.

Here here pal, here f*cking here :old:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 pm

I have to agree I was hoping Verheijen would get the job too. He would have carried on building what him and Speed had.

I often wonder if Speed was still with us, where would we be right now. I honestly think that we would have been really pushing this group and would probably be in the top two right now! :(

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Only one candidate IMO Dutch Ray

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Im not a Coleman fan but the buck stops with the WFA! They have always made terrible decisions and it wasnt Coleman's appointment that was terrible but not giving Garry Speeds Staff the chance to keep the good work going, That in my opinion was at least owed to Speeds hard work and His Staff/Team and Supporters! :old:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:55 pm

give coleman a chance for godsake. I know we havent played particularly well but we were poor when Speed was in charge the first few games. The original post is untrue, we dont have the players to hurt other nations, we only have Gareth Bale. We have an average side that lost 2-0 to a Croatia team who are brilliant. Better teams beat poorer teams, nothing Coleman can do about a shoddy Ashley Williams backpass im afraid.

Backing your manager as fans goes a long way, singing Gary Speeds name instead of our current managers must hurt Coleman and where can he get his motivation from then? So my message is, whether u hate or like Coleman, let him have a few more games, get behind him, sing his name and put some pride into it. This is our country, put on a false face for Coleman even if u dont feel the same underneath.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Coleman plays to keep the score down. Speed played to WIN !! We have a good set of youngsters that had proved they can adapt to play very good football and give any nation a good game. I agree this is the fault of the WFA because the way we played was the brain child of Ray and Roberts. And speed had the conviction to learn and to bring out the best of the system .
Chris Coleman so far has been a failure in management and between the WFA and CC we are going backwards and tumbling into ablivion.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Agree with some of this old fella

I agree Ray had a huge influence on tactics,could it be that the FAW promised the job to Dutch Ray after the tragedy & then changed their minds?

I don;t think its the Welsh nationalists who are to blame, its the Welsh sports writers/commentators & ex players who are against appointing anyone foreign their is an agenda.

The biggest critics of dutch ray when he made them ill timed comments were Hartson, that lanky ginger twit Iwan Roberts & that Sgorio guy Dylan Ebenezer I wonder why?

http://s4c.co.uk/sgorio/e_/proffwydoliaethau/

First option would be

Harry Redknapp with Bellamy part time coach/player & Symons & Roberts

Or

Bellamy as player manager with Dutch ray & Symons & Roberts

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Are you for real? Any proud Welshman would want the best person for the job regardless of nationality. Some of the things you come out with are incredible. Wind up or not your post disgust me!

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:54 pm

BlueGog wrote:

Are you for real? Any proud Welshman would want the best person for the job regardless of nationality. Some of the things you come out with are incredible. Wind up or not your post disgust me!

Jesus you are so sesative you must smear yourself with sensodyne every morning.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Speeds results in his first 5 games compared to co lemans were pretty similar.

Speed also didnt have to draft in an nexperienced left back and has the use of Bellamy, Ramsey, Evans et al.

Coleman has not lost to anyone that any sane human would expect to beat. Belgium, Serbia, Croatia, Mexico and Bosnia. We were losing to Scotland and Northern Ireland heavily at a similar point in speeds tenure.

You are all smoking an awful lot of anti Swansea wacky backy me thinks. The chip on a lot of your shoulders is on the verge of turning into a great big jersey royal :shock:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:35 pm

BlueGog wrote:

Oh cry me a river for f**k sake. Grow up. What have I come out of on here that has "Disgusted" you? :old: :old:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:53 pm

We should beg Pulis to take it part time:

1 he's not a jack
2 he's Welsh
3 he's got proven premiership experience (cookie nearly got Fulham relegated)
4 he makes average players and an average team ( which is most definitely what Wales are) difficult to beat and nicks a win when many others would settle for the draw.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:08 pm

londontaffia wrote:We should beg Pulis to take it part time:

1 he's not a jack
2 he's Welsh
3 he's got proven premiership experience (cookie nearly got Fulham relegated)
4 he makes average players and an average team ( which is most definitely what Wales are) difficult to beat and nicks a win when many others would settle for the draw.

The case rests m'lud

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:31 pm

No Smoking wrote:Speeds results in his first 5 games compared to co lemans were pretty similar.

Speed also didnt have to draft in an nexperienced left back and has the use of Bellamy, Ramsey, Evans et al.

Coleman has not lost to anyone that any sane human would expect to beat. Belgium, Serbia, Croatia, Mexico and Bosnia. We were losing to Scotland and Northern Ireland heavily at a similar point in speeds tenure.

You are all smoking an awful lot of anti Swansea wacky backy me thinks. The chip on a lot of your shoulders is on the verge of turning into a great big jersey royal :shock:

At every opportunity you try & rubbish Gary Speed & its getting tedious & disgraceful

A true Welsh Legend RIP

I think you will find if you ever leave the cave or caravan/slum you inhabit, that their are Welsh supporters across the whole of Wales & beyond are of the same opinion of Chris Coleman & that Hartson the job is to difficult for them & should be honest & resign, for the good of Wales.

I think you will find that Swansea supporters of the national team ( the few who do :roll: ) want them out.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:31 pm

when did we lose to n ireland heavily.?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:35 pm

glen hoddle

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Someone insisted on here the other day that he is not fit to be a manager as he isn't a qualified coach. He is allegedly only a fitness coach and that apparentley isn't important enough for some. Big Ray is THE MAN for the job. He put in place all of the things that Gary Speed implemented, but all the f*cking jacks and their cohorts in the FAW would be up in arms if someone who could actually do the job was in charge.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Let's be honest though, who would want to manage Wales who is a decent manager?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Phillipe Troussier
Glyn Hodges
Mark Bowen

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Giggs with Flynn and Ray back involved. Maybe Bellers taking an interest.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 am

I look at the Wales team and except for Bale and Allen I just don't think we are good enough. No manager will change that. We did well under Speed but was he a flash in the pan? Is there genuinely anyone out there that could take this crop of players and make them compete on the international stage? I saw Poland's side last night and I envied it. Ramsey is a shadow of the player he was. Blake is all over the shop again. Williams is solid for 88 minutes but costs us dearly most games at least once. Gunter is barely Championship standard. Taylor is out for ages. Bale and Allen are class but which strikers do they supply to? Bellamy is ok but 33 years old. Even when we had Ched Evans, we weren't gifted up top.

I was very anti-Coleman because of his attitude and refusal to accept any responsibility for mistakes. I just don't care any more though. It's the first time as a Welshman I can honestly say that our progress at international level doesn't bother me right now because we aren't good enough and the players coming through aren't good enough.

I would love Dutch Ray back but honestly, what difference would it make? I'm not it would make much difference. We are a small nation that produce half a dozen international standard players every decade or so. Do you expect Macedonia to qualify for a World Cup? Can you see Austria qualifying for a European Championships? No? I think we're at their level right now. Bale is our Pandev! Wales won't qualify for a major tournament in the next 10 years. I am telling you now. :(

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 am

if we had continued into this campaign the way we finished the other then we had every chance of qualifying for a major tournament.

this was a comment in the press from our game vs a very good norwegian line up and at the time were ranked 21 places above us.
"When you've got pace in your side, it's fantastic to watch".
"totally in control in the second half they are looking dynamic and solid at the back. Great to watch" same back 4 mind!

(key word in that phrase PACE)

under speed wales moved with the ball quickly.. attacking full backs, pace on the wings... under coleman we are slow in possession.. we had vaughan, edwards, ledley, allen. all central players in the team v croatia. too narrow, too slow.

with speed we had, bale, bellamy, ramsey and allen in middle, and 2 up top.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 am

We have 5 months until the next qualifier and I reckon the public need to pressure the FA to relieve CC from his duties and beg Ray Verheijen for forgiveness.Coleman is neither a short term or long term prospect and the sooner the FA admit they messed up the better for everyone. :evil:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 am

Cant stand the man , dont know how he got the job in the 1st place absolute discrace , welsh FA all need drop kicking, an a total refresh on board. Shit decisions constantly. aint got a clue them idiots. Coleman out big Ray in , as it should of been from the start, simple.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Why me of course