Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

simon walton

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:36 pm

any one remember this guy on loan to us, he got sent off against some one for a bad tackle, if any one knows where i could see a vid of it could you link me to it please :ayatollah:

Re: simon walton

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm

he was sent off against leeds, wasnt his second yellow for an apparent "dive" on the half way line :shock:

we had two sent off that day and won the game 1-0 i think.

i seem to remember him battering the electronic board while walking off, the 4th official had to use the old fashioned numbers after that :lol:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Leeds at home. He is a Weeds fan himself.

Chopra scored the only goal from a free kick, great goal.

Then got sent off as did Walton for a "dive" on the half way line. He couldn't run to the penalty area without stopping the fat t**t. Most overweight player I have ever seen. Did kick the board on the way off.
Referee was Clattenberg and DJ said he never wanted him to referee a Cardiff game again. Both sendings off were a disgrace.

Played 30 mins with 9 players and still won. Gunter had a tremendous game (16 at the time I think).

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:58 pm

I remember that game as it was on my birthday. Have never liked Clattenberg since shocking refereeing display

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Think he got sent off twice for us. Also sent off when on loan somewhere else (Ipswich ??).

Got a lengthy band so didn't feature for City again.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:29 pm

The other occasion he got sent off was Sheffield Wed at home. I remember it like it was yesterday, it happened right in front of me in block F of the grandstand. It was an absolutely crazy attempt at a tackle on Peter Gilbert, two feet up, flying through the air like a bat out of hell hell. Could have really hurt the bloke if it didnt miss him and the ball by miles. Idiot. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Lord of the Manor wrote:The other occasion he got sent off was Sheffield Wed at home. I remember it like it was yesterday, it happened right in front of me in block F of the grandstand. It was an absolutely crazy attempt at a tackle on Peter Gilbert, two feet up, flying through the air like a bat out of hell hell. Could have really hurt the bloke if it didnt miss him and the ball by miles. Idiot. :ayatollah:

thats the one !

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:16 pm

glas wrote:Think he got sent off twice for us. Also sent off when on loan somewhere else (Ipswich ??).

Got a lengthy band so didn't feature for City again.

It was a vicious tackle and there was no way he was ever going to play for us again anyway.

I believe he has spent the last couple of years at Plymouth

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Ah - found him - signed for Hartlepool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18747475 Been captain at Plymouth apparently! :shock:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:56 pm

from what i remember he was quite a hot prospect with a hit attitude and a knob of a person, only went down hill after us! he does love a tackle though!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 pm

glas wrote:Leeds at home. He is a Weeds fan himself.

Chopra scored the only goal from a free kick, great goal.

Then got sent off as did Walton for a "dive" on the half way line. He couldn't run to the penalty area without stopping the fat t**t. Most overweight player I have ever seen. Did kick the board on the way off.
Referee was Clattenberg and DJ said he never wanted him to referee a Cardiff game again. Both sendings off were a disgrace.

Played 30 mins with 9 players and still won. Gunter had a tremendous game (16 at the time I think).

Walton was kicked off his feet and then sent off for diving. In the same game Tresor Kandol made a blinding save to keep the score at 1 nil. The only issue being he was a stiker and it was handball. Clattenberg only gave him a yellow. He is the worst ref in the world! Makes some unbeliveable decisions such as the one to allow manures goal against Spurs last season stand when he missed a blatant handball by Nani and when keeper threw the ball down for the freekick Nani knocked it in. He claimed afterwards he'd seen the handball and had played advantage!