Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Watford and Burnley

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Tickets not selling too well for Watford, considering we're top of the league and tickets are cheap. At the moment it's £22 for adults and £10 for U16's in the Canton, while a little more expensive in the Grandstand and Canton/Ninian corner.
Why do they charge adults £26 and kids £16 to sit up in the corner when they know hardly anyone sits there? Surely if they dropped the price to £23 and £12 they would get a lot more through the gate hence more profit?

However Burnley is selling pretty well with less seats available in the bowl and it's further away. Similar prices too.
If anyone complains about tickets being too expensive they should be shot. Best value in the Championship by far :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Watford and Burnley

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:53 pm

CantonJack wrote:Tickets not selling too well for Watford, considering we're top of the league and tickets are cheap. At the moment it's £22 for adults and £10 for U16's in the Canton, while a little more expensive in the Grandstand and Canton/Ninian corner.
Why do they charge adults £26 and kids £16 to sit up in the corner when they know hardly anyone sits there? Surely if they dropped the price to £23 and £12 they would get a lot more through the gate hence more profit?

However Burnley is selling pretty well with less seats available in the bowl and it's further away. Similar prices too.
If anyone complains about tickets being too expensive they should be shot. Best value in the Championship by far :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just had a look at both and looks like about 3900-4000 tickets left for each. Given neither will bring much in terms of away support, especially Burnley for midweek we wont be much over 20k for Burnley and maybe if we get some decent results 22k for Watford (as there is longer to sell these), if not about 21k.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Around international time people forget about club football. Even this MB has been quieter.
The result against forest will depend on sales IMO

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:02 am

Lawnmower wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Tickets not selling too well for Watford, considering we're top of the league and tickets are cheap. At the moment it's £22 for adults and £10 for U16's in the Canton, while a little more expensive in the Grandstand and Canton/Ninian corner.

Just had a look at both and looks like about 3900-4000 tickets left for each. Given neither will bring much in terms of away support, especially Burnley for midweek we wont be much over 20k for Burnley and maybe if we get some decent results 22k for Watford (as there is longer to sell these), if not about 21k.

Watford is midweek and Burnley the sat after but i still dont expect much travelling support from either.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 am

playing back to back home and away games is silly really. Its bound to hitt attendances for all clubs.

£22/23 quid is good value for a ticket, but £44/46 quid in one week is a lot for some people, cant expect that everyone can afford to go.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 pm

paulh_85 wrote:playing back to back home and away games is silly really. Its bound to hitt attendances for all clubs.

£22/23 quid is good value for a ticket, but £44/46 quid in one week is a lot for some people, cant expect that everyone can afford to go.

Exactly. I've got a season ticket, so it's long since paid and the club have tried to encourage more and more people to buy season tickets over recent years.

The matchday prices put off lots of fairweather supporters these days.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:47 pm

I've given up on trying to get people down the city.

I know it can get expensive its just some people dont like football enough to go down in the wind and rain and pay money to watch the city.

All that matters to me is, aslong as the people who DO turn up sing their hearts out and get behind the teamn for 90mins then it dont bother me if 5,000 turn up.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: