Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Would Man City ...

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:10 pm

70 years... 100 years... what's the difference?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Natman Blue wrote:70 years... 100 years... what's the difference?

I'm not sure what you are alluding to?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:00 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:

Leeds changed after 70 years, is there really that big a difference between that and 100 years (as city have)

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:

Leeds changed after 70 years, is there really that big a difference between that and 100 years (as city have)

No they didn't. They played in their 'traditional colours'' of blue and gold for 27 years between 1934-1961,seven of which were war years,so in total they wore that kit at home for a measly 20 years.Since the 1960's,Leeds home kit has also included lots of blue and yellow as part of the trim.

The point is that no other long established football league club has undergone such a radical change after such a length of time. There is absolutely no blue or white on our home kit. We look like a plastic Man Utd.Frankly,it is sacrilegious and I am afraid that you are defending the indefensible...again.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:06 pm

I don't know why people go on about the colour change of Leeds back in the 60s, fans didn't wear football shirts in those days anyway and identity in football is much more important now than back then. I'm 100% sure that if Leeds changed from white to red their fans wouldn't be happy. Changing to white from blue isn't really a big deal compared to what happened to us.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:33 pm

paulh_85 wrote:jesus christ! how many other clubs are people going to ask this about?

how many more months do we have to put up with shit like this for? :roll:

Don't blame the OP for this, blame VT! :evil:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Murphy1899 wrote:Would Man City fans have accepted a badge change and a kit change to say, an all white kit for their multi million pound investment?

Having won the FA Cup and Premier League in the past two seasons and signed players such as Aguero and Tevez I would say so!

Thoughts?

Definitely not, just like Newcastle fans recently, they would have simply not allowed this to happen as they are a proper club with proper fans. But a fairer comparison would have been suggesting Man City changing to a red kit like Man Utd mind, as that would be just like what's happened to us - being changed to our rivals, Bristol City's colours! I am absolutely cringing at the thought of us playing at home to Bristol City in red!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:46 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
Murphy1899 wrote:Would Man City fans have accepted a badge change and a kit change to say, an all white kit for their multi million pound investment?

Having won the FA Cup and Premier League in the past two seasons and signed players such as Aguero and Tevez I would say so!

Thoughts?

Badge change? Yes,I am certain they would have accepted it. Home colours are absolutely sacrosanct at most clubs and bearing in mind there were 30,000 fans watching Man City every week in League 1- so they have a far more established fan base than ours-i think there would have been uproar and a home colour change would have been rejected by Man City fans.

Winning the premier league and FA cup are great achievements but if it doesn't feel authentic,then what's the point?

Absolutely 100% spot on! Nothing with our club will ever feel authentic to me anymore unless we change back to our proper colours and proper badge. As things currently are, I will never have the same enthusiasm and passion following my football club. I would have more enthusiasm and passion cheering the real blue Cardiff City in a League 2 relegation battle than cheering us on as what we are now in a Champions League final.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:

Thoughts?

Badge change? Yes,I am certain they would have accepted it. Home colours are absolutely sacrosanct at most clubs and bearing in mind there were 30,000 fans watching Man City every week in League 1- so they have a far more established fan base than ours-i think there would have been uproar and a home colour change would have been rejected by Man City fans.

Winning the premier league and FA cup are great achievements but if it doesn't feel authentic,then what's the point?

man city fans would tell the arabs to shove it if they had to change colours.proud club.massive.not just now.30k in div 3.there are at least ten old school city who i know who go or went regulary from my town and we live 100m away.the arab fellow went more back to history last year.they had the old man city away kit of the 60,s/70,s and invited all the old lads like lee and summerbee to the games.regarding leeds there was no internet then .fans just turned up.in this century alone people have demanded more of a say in things in all walks of life.due in part to the internet.
Absolutely 100% spot on! Nothing with our club will ever feel authentic to me anymore unless we change back to our proper colours and proper badge. As things currently are, I will never have the same enthusiasm and passion following my football club. I would have more enthusiasm and passion cheering the real blue Cardiff City in a League 2 relegation battle than cheering us on as what we are now in a Champions League final.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:25 pm

I would let them change our name to FC Cardiff City of Malaysia if it meant we got in the Champions League. :happy3:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:12 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:I would let them change our name to FC Cardiff City of Malaysia if it meant we got in the Champions League. :happy3:

I'm guessing you are on a wind up but if not reading posts like yours makes it so much easier to stay away from matches.

Total plastic,success at any cost :lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:31 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:I would let them change our name to FC Cardiff City of Malaysia if it meant we got in the Champions League. :happy3:

I prefer the Jacks to you.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:33 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

I prefer the Jacks to you.

:lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:

I'm guessing you are on a wind up but if not reading posts like yours makes it so much easier to stay away from matches.

Total plastic,success at any cost :lol:

He comes out with these petty comments to get a reaction, but in most instances he's actually being for real. A total plastic and a not a not so closeted Liverpool fan.

:old: :old: