Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would Man City ...

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:10 am

Would Man City fans have accepted a badge change and a kit change to say, an all white kit for their multi million pound investment?

Having won the FA Cup and Premier League in the past two seasons and signed players such as Aguero and Tevez I would say so!

Thoughts?

Re: Would Man City ...

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:32 am

If it meant their club possibly going under then most sensible fans surely would

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:41 am

englishbluebird wrote:If it meant their club possibly going under then most sensible fans surely would

Agree, Most fans would.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Murphy1899 wrote:Would Man City fans have accepted a badge change and a kit change to say, an all white kit for their multi million pound investment?

Having won the FA Cup and Premier League in the past two seasons and signed players such as Aguero and Tevez I would say so!

Thoughts?

Badge change? Yes,I am certain they would have accepted it. Home colours are absolutely sacrosanct at most clubs and bearing in mind there were 30,000 fans watching Man City every week in League 1- so they have a far more established fan base than ours-i think there would have been uproar and a home colour change would have been rejected by Man City fans.

Winning the premier league and FA cup are great achievements but if it doesn't feel authentic,then what's the point?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:30 pm

jesus christ! how many other clubs are people going to ask this about?

how many more months do we have to put up with shit like this for? :roll:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 pm

A kit change never ever, no big famous club would, they could never get it through with a big club with a big fan base :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:05 pm

paulh_85 wrote:jesus christ! how many other clubs are people going to ask this about?

how many more months do we have to put up with shit like this for? :roll:

Why bother reading threads like this if they piss you off ?

Just ignore them and read only the ones that interest you.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Most definitely not, Manchester City are one of the biggest and greatest clubs in England. We rolled over, face it. Not many other clubs would have let themselves be fucked in the backside by a foreign entity just to play with the likes of Stoke and Norwich. We sold ourselves out, lets stop kidding ourselves.

The greatest travesty of the whole rebrand is that 15 years ago before the crowds, before the cup finals, before the new stadium , before promotion we would have told them to f**k off. The older elite Hardcore bluebirds would have told these barbaric Malaysians where to go. It's the plastics in the club that have let it happen.

:old: :old:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Most definitely not, Manchester City are one of the biggest and greatest clubs in England. We rolled over, face it. Not many other clubs would have let themselves be fucked in the backside by a foreign entity just to play with the likes of Stoke and Norwich. We sold ourselves out, lets stop kidding ourselves.

The greatest travesty of the whole rebrand is that 15 years ago before the crowds, before the cup finals, before the new stadium , before promotion we would have told them to f**k off. The older elite Hardcore bluebirds would have told these barbaric Malaysians where to go. It's the plastics in the club that have let it happen.

I didn't see much protesting going on, where were the 'older elite hardcore bluebirds' then? :lol:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:04 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Most definitely not, Manchester City are one of the biggest and greatest clubs in England. We rolled over, face it. Not many other clubs would have let themselves be fucked in the backside by a foreign entity just to play with the likes of Stoke and Norwich. We sold ourselves out, lets stop kidding ourselves.

I didn't see much protesting going on, where were the 'older elite hardcore bluebirds' then? :lol:

What was worth fighting for? We fought against the plastic. middle class, student, hippy, family types that have infested this club over the past decade. Our Cardiff City is not your Cardiff City it seems, the old guard would have been fighting for something that is already lost.

Plus my knees would never have been able to sustain a lengthly march.

:old:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:05 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

exactly,a lot of people who yearn for the old days havent been to city for years
How dare cardiff city get to cup finals and start playing good football

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Murphy1899 wrote:Would Man City fans have accepted a badge change and a kit change to say, an all white kit for their multi million pound investment?

Thoughts?

100% no.

They were not in danger of going under. When will everyone realise that success isn't everything, if we didn't have any financial problems and the rebrand still went ahead then I'd call every single fan who was for the rebrand a sell out.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:44 pm

I agree with Paul, we have done this with so many clubs now.
We will never know unless it happens to another club and would the situation be the same? Doubt it.

Some fans can say we sold out soul or whatever but in truth the only protests have come from the tiny minority who have cancelled season tickets.

People go on about other posters like they are a disgrace when in truth they have done nothing more than others than rant on a message board.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I agree with Paul, we have done this with so many clubs now.
We will never know unless it happens to another club and would the situation be the same? Doubt it.

Some fans can say we sold out soul or whatever but in truth the only protests have come from the tiny minority who have cancelled season tickets.

People go on about other posters like they are a disgrace when in truth they have done nothing more than others than rant on a message board.

In order for there to be proper protests, there needs to be a leader. Unfortunately no one's stepped up.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:05 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

In order for there to be proper protests, there needs to be a leader. Unfortunately no one's stepped up.

I feel that's a weak excuse, people passing blame.

My annoyance is with people taking a moral high ground on other fans when in truth they have done little or no difference other than rant on a message board.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:10 pm

probably they are mancs

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

My annoyance is with people taking a moral high ground on other fans when in truth they have done little or no difference other than rant on a message board.

There's nothing much anyone can do other than state an opinion

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

What was worth fighting for? We fought against the plastic. middle class, student, hippy, family types that have infested this club over the past decade. Our Cardiff City is not your Cardiff City it seems, the old guard would have been fighting for something that is already lost.

Plus my knees would never have been able to sustain a lengthly march.

So if (as you say) Cardiff City has died, then why are you still here? :lol:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:12 pm

I don't come on here to be interrogated by cocky know it all bucktoothed student types who think my business is their f*cking business.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I don't come on here to be interrogated by cocky know it all bucktoothed student types who think my business is their f*cking business.

I'm just asking the basic questions old man, no need to get rattled ;)

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:25 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

That's fine but I don't see why some try to take a moral high ground.

If a leader was needed then anyone could have stepped forward but no one chose to do so.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

If a leader was needed then anyone could have stepped forward but no one chose to do so.

which is a shame really considering how it's such a big deal to many

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Maybe deep down they weren't sure what was for the best?
I know I didn't and still not sure.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:16 am

OhhhGa wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I don't come on here to be interrogated by cocky know it all bucktoothed student types who think my business is their f*cking business.

Well my question to you, why aren't you out shagging birds like I was at your age?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:52 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Well my question to you, why aren't you out shagging birds like I was at your age?

I'm happily settled my friend ;)

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:41 am

2blue2handle wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

They did and they were shot down for daring to take a stand.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:47 am

Thoughts?

You do know that Man City changed their badge as recently as 1997 don't you????? and have changed it a numbr of times in the last 30 to 40 years;

The current club badge was adopted in 1997, a result of the previous badge being ineligible for registration as a trademark. The badge is based on the arms of the city of Manchester, and consists of a shield in front of a golden eagle. The eagle is an old heraldic symbol of the city of Manchester; a golden eagle was added to the city's badge in 1958 (but has since been removed), representing the growing aviation industry. The shield features a ship on its upper half representing the Manchester Ship Canal, and three diagonal stripes in the lower half symbolise the city's three rivers – the Irwell, the Irk and the Medlock. The bottom of the badge bears the motto Superbia in Proelio, which translates as Pride in Battle in Latin. Above the eagle and shield are three stars, which are purely decorative.

City have previously worn two other badges on their shirts. The first, introduced in 1970, was based on designs which had been used on official club documentation since the mid-1960s. It consisted of a circular badge which used the same shield as the current badge, inside a circle bearing the name of the club. In 1972, this was replaced by a variation which replaced the lower half of the shield with the red rose of Lancashire. On occasions when Manchester City plays in a major cup final, the usual badge has not been used; instead shirts bearing a badge of the arms of the City of Manchester are used, as a symbol of pride in representing the city of Manchester at a major event. This practice originates from a time when the players' shirts did not normally bear a badge of any kind, but has continued throughout the history of the club. For the 2011 FA Cup Final, City used the usual badge with a special legend, but the Manchester coat of arms was included as a small monochrome logo in the numbers on the back of players' shirts.

Went from this Image to this Image and even been this Image

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

Thoughts?

You do know that Man City changed their badge as recently as 1997 don't you????? and have changed it a numbr of times in the last 30 to 40 years;

The current club badge was adopted in 1997, a result of the previous badge being ineligible for registration as a trademark. The badge is based on the arms of the city of Manchester, and consists of a shield in front of a golden eagle. The eagle is an old heraldic symbol of the city of Manchester; a golden eagle was added to the city's badge in 1958 (but has since been removed), representing the growing aviation industry. The shield features a ship on its upper half representing the Manchester Ship Canal, and three diagonal stripes in the lower half symbolise the city's three rivers – the Irwell, the Irk and the Medlock. The bottom of the badge bears the motto Superbia in Proelio, which translates as Pride in Battle in Latin. Above the eagle and shield are three stars, which are purely decorative.

City have previously worn two other badges on their shirts. The first, introduced in 1970, was based on designs which had been used on official club documentation since the mid-1960s. It consisted of a circular badge which used the same shield as the current badge, inside a circle bearing the name of the club. In 1972, this was replaced by a variation which replaced the lower half of the shield with the red rose of Lancashire. On occasions when Manchester City plays in a major cup final, the usual badge has not been used; instead shirts bearing a badge of the arms of the City of Manchester are used, as a symbol of pride in representing the city of Manchester at a major event. This practice originates from a time when the players' shirts did not normally bear a badge of any kind, but has continued throughout the history of the club. For the 2011 FA Cup Final, City used the usual badge with a special legend, but the Manchester coat of arms was included as a small monochrome logo in the numbers on the back of players' shirts.

Tend to agree,badges come and go. Home colour shirts on the other hand...http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manches ... r_City.htm

If you can't be arsed to click the link,Man City have played in sky blue at home for 118 years... Home colours are ' usually'' very important parts of a clubs identity.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:42 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Thoughts?

Tend to agree,badges come and go. Home colour shirts on the other hand...http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manches ... r_City.htm

If you can't be arsed to click the link,Man City have played in sky blue at home for 118 years... Home colours are ' usually'' very important parts of a clubs identity.

Won't argue with you there. But then again there are a few who do e.g. Palace and Leeds. Leeds who in effect changed to white in the 1970s in order to mimic the successful clubs of the day, that being Real Madrid. If we've gone red then you could argue the recent Man Utd success and possibly Liverpool, but if we are Red AND Blue (which I seem to think we are) then you could just look at Barcelona????

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Thoughts?

Won't argue with you there. But then again there are a few who do e.g. Palace and Leeds. Leeds who in effect changed to white in the 1970s in order to mimic the successful clubs of the day, that being Real Madrid. If we've gone red then you could argue the recent Man Utd success and possibly Liverpool, but if we are Red AND Blue (which I seem to think we are) then you could just look at Barcelona????

With respect to you and as much as i would love to see City successful,changing your home kit after 104 years to imitate Man Utd,Liverpool or Barcelona, in the hope of a little reflective glory is just about as shallow as it gets in football terms. Whatever happened to taking pride in the shirt? Players,managers,badges even stadiums come and go but fans and the home colours should be constants.