Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tony Pulis

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Welsh FA should pull the stops out for him.

He will get us organised and more difficult to beat. Coleman hasnt got a clue how to organise its embarassing.

Hes taken Stoke as far as he can and as a proud Welshman it could be a new challenge for him.

Re: Tony Pulis

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm

I honestly don't think he would want the job.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I honestly don't think he would want the job.

heard him being interviewed after Speeds death. Said he wanted one day just not yet.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:25 pm

I don't think he'll ever leave Stoke in my opinion and it's unlikely a bigger team will hire him due to his playing style. Would be a great appointment for Wales but don't think Pulis would be up for it.

Coleman made some errors tonight, as far as i'm concerned the FAW should appoint a new manager after this qualification ends to truly asses his ability. Although if he spent as much time on making himself look good in his new suit in front of the cameras as scouting players outside the premiership then he'd be half way there.

:old: :old: :old:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Welsh FA should pull the stops out for him.

He will get us organised and more difficult to beat. Coleman hasnt got a clue how to organise its embarassing.

Hes taken Stoke as far as he can and as a proud Welshman it could be a new challenge for him.

Top boy. Newport boy see ;)

Can't see him leaving stoke anytime soon to manage 10 park players.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Would be great for us but just cant see it happening any time time soon. Though I do agree he's taken Stoke as far as he can and they wouldnt even be there if it wasnt for him

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

heard him being interviewed after Speeds death. Said he wanted one day just not yet.

Yeah I think he said the same before speeds appointment.

It's a no brainer for him, he has a good job at stoke. In this cut throat business he knows if he is sacked he will have Wales coming calling soon enough.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

Spot on polo - he did say that at the time.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:32 pm

What would be the point in having talented midfielders such as Bale, Allen & Ramsey if you want Pulis in charge?

Unless you want to give them stiff necks.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:33 pm

NJ73 wrote:What would be the point in having talented midfielders such as Bale, Allen & Ramsey if you want Pulis in charge?

He only did that because it was too keep the team in the prem and its shown how effective its been. Over time he's been slowly introducing more flair into the team. He would sort out our sloppy defence for starters. And no offence but coleman isnt exactlly getting the best out of our talented midfield when we spend most of the time hoofing it up to Morrison

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:35 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:What would be the point in having talented midfielders such as Bale, Allen & Ramsey if you want Pulis in charge?

He only did that because it was too keep the team in the prem and its shown how effective its been. Over time he's been slowly introducing more flair into the team. He would sort out our sloppy defence for starters. And no offence but coleman isnt exactlly getting the best out of our talented midfield when we spend most of the time hoofing it up to Morrison

Having watched them 3 times against us in the last 12 months or so I can tell you that is absolute bollocks!

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 pm

NJ73 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Having watched them 3 times against us in the last 12 months or so I can tell you that is absolute bollocks!

Good for you. I know it hasnt exactlly worked but I know he was trying to when he brought in the likes of Pennant and Everington. I'm guessing it hasnt worked then

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:04 am

A stiff neck is the least of their worries. Under Coleman they look like theyve had their head chopped off.

To say Wales are running around like headless chickens is an insult to chickens.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:16 am

why would pulis leave a middle of the road PL side for us? he wouldnt end of, same goes for sparky. if he did badly with us he'd probably have to drop to the championship to rebuild his reputation!

even if he would the finances would never stack up and the fans wouldnt want to see his style of football :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:28 am

Giggs in charge with Pulis helping him out on a part time basis so he still stays at Stoke would be my call. Giggs has respect of the squad and has all his badges. Pulis helping him out would be a dream team for me. Get these Jack Bastards out ! Hartson and Coleman

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:31 am

honest fan wrote:why would pulis leave a middle of the road PL side for us? he wouldnt end of, same goes for sparky. if he did badly with us he'd probably have to drop to the championship to rebuild his reputation!

even if he would the finances would never stack up and the fans wouldnt want to see his style of football :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Difference is Hughes might not have a choice... look at the players QPR have and where they are in the table. Those kinds of problems always boil down to the manager - he doesn't have much of a reputation left to lose anymore to be honest.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Double G wrote:Giggs in charge with Pulis helping him out on a part time basis so he still stays at Stoke would be my call. Giggs has respect of the squad and has all his badges. Pulis helping him out would be a dream team for me. Get these Jack Bastards out ! Hartson and Coleman

Yes lets have Giggs as manager, the man who wouldn't be f*cking bothered to turn up for his country. Think how many times he's played for United? He's not even in the top ten highest capped Welsh players for f**k sakes and he's been around since 1990. He'd have no authority in that team.

:old:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:07 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Double G wrote:Giggs in charge with Pulis helping him out on a part time basis so he still stays at Stoke would be my call. Giggs has respect of the squad and has all his badges. Pulis helping him out would be a dream team for me. Get these Jack Bastards out ! Hartson and Coleman

Yes lets have Giggs as manager, the man who wouldn't be f*cking bothered to turn up for his country. Think how many times he's played for United? He's not even in the top ten highest capped Welsh players for f**k sakes and he's been around since 1990. He'd have no authority in that team.

:old:

Nonsense old man. He would command the same respect as Speed did with our youngsters who do not respond to authoritarian types such as Toshack and Coleman.