Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ASHLEY WILLIAMS

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Why is it when discussing Wales it always descends into a war of the clubs? Grow up for f**k sakes. Ash Williams shouldn't be captain but he ain't a bad player, his fault for the goal. Price isn't a first choice at his club, give Fon Williams a shot at it as he's playing for a team top of the league.

The captaincy should never have been given to Ramsey whose got all the leadership skills of a limp cock, i'd have thought Bale would be the ideal man for the job playing for a top club and he's by far the best player in that team.

:old: :old:

And he shows the most amount of passion on the pitch. He always gives his all for Wales and is basically carrying everyone else

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 pm

i wonder if the rest of the team are waiting until Bale gets the captaincy before turning into good players?

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Could make a highlights reel of his mistakes, overrated sack of shit

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:55 pm

NJ73 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Amazing how there was no negative reaction on here when Earnshaw captained Wales eh?

He was brought up welsh, lives here basically all his life.

Williams is English and only playing for us for extra income and because he can't get in the England team.
It would be the same reaction if it was Ben Turner but he seems more of a man and turned down Wales

He's still not Welsh though is he?

Anyway, I see no further point in discussing it as neither of us are going to change our opinion.

He was brought up welsh.

Aye, those goalposts haven't moved at all.

You can't see the difference between someone living nearly an entire life in Wales, brought up though the youth system of a welsh club, player for Wales at many age levels.

And someone from England turning welsh 4 years ago because they knew they would never be good enough to play for England :lol:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:56 pm

6 bysedd wrote:i wonder if the rest of the team are waiting until Bale gets the captaincy before turning into good players?

Exactly it makes little difference so may as well be a proud Welshman instead of an Englishman :roll:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:57 pm

6 bysedd wrote:i wonder if the rest of the team are waiting until Bale gets the captaincy before turning into good players?

I don't have a clue what point your trying to make but Bale shows the most passion and desire to play for that shirt on that field, it would lift the team as whole if he was captain.

For the record I think Ashley Williams is an excellent defender and much of the criticism directed to him on here are from Neanderthals who can't see the difference between club and country which is sad.
:old:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:

I don't have a clue what point your trying to make but Bale shows the most passion and desire to play for that shirt on that field, it would lift the team as whole if he was captain.

For the record I think Ashley Williams is an excellent defender and much of the criticism directed to him on here are from Neanderthals who can't see the difference between club and country which is sad.

Bale leads by example a lot like Ronaldo for Portugal.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Amazing how there was no negative reaction on here when Earnshaw captained Wales eh?

He was brought up welsh, lives here basically all his life.

Williams is English and only playing for us for extra income and because he can't get in the England team.
It would be the same reaction if it was Ben Turner but he seems more of a man and turned down Wales

He's still not Welsh though is he?

Anyway, I see no further point in discussing it as neither of us are going to change our opinion.

He was brought up welsh.

Aye, those goalposts haven't moved at all.

You can't see the difference between someone living nearly an entire life in Wales, brought up though the youth system of a welsh club, player for Wales at many age levels.

And someone from England turning welsh 4 years ago because they knew they would never be good enough to play for England :lol:

Yes I can. But the original argument was that he shouldn't be captain because he isn't Welsh.

As far as I am concerned, as long as someone qualifies, is willing to give 100% and turn up whenever possible for international duty, they are entitled to play and captain the side.

Give me someone like that over a "true" Welshman who cries off at the slightest thing every day of the week.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Swansea fans defending Williams, f**k off it was his fault.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 pm

I said he should be captain because he is English.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:08 pm

The jacks are all for englishman williams captaining wales, no matter how shit he is. Their wannabee f*cking english thats why. Bitter because cardiff's the capital, pathetic mentality.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:

he was criticised because both goals were his fault

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 pm

NJ73 wrote:
JBCCFC1927 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:Crap backpass but Price should still have been able to clear it.

Price had no chance with such a shocking pass. The worst bit bout it is Williams fucks up then just gives up and lets Price deal with it. He should have kept going and putting more pressure on the player

Price had time to deal with it and not just blast it at the striker. But like I said, crap backpass.

Are you serious? It was a diabolical back pass. I wish a Specsavers branch would open in inbred county because you lot need to visit there. :roll:

Inbred country? Grow up ffs.

I said it was a crap back pass. But Price still had the opportunity to deal with it. But obviously that wouldn't suit your agenda.

You're right JB. It was a poor backpass but Price shouldv'e dealt with it. In fact he paniced and kicked it straight at him whereas if he'd aimed right, away from the player the danger is cleared. Too many on here simply want to blame jacks whereas they were Welsh tonight.

King was awful, Allen gave the ball away too much, Ledley not involved at all, Morrison a shadow of what he was this time last year, Bale is a one man band!

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 pm

williams fault for the second aswell,stood rooted to the spot like a statue and his marker had a freeshot
cant blame the keeper for that one,he pulled off a great save initially
when your captain is playing so poorly it hardly fills the rest of the team full of confidence,no wonder price panicked

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:08 pm

murphy wrote:The jacks are all for englishman williams captaining wales, no matter how shit he is. Their wannabee f*cking english thats why. Bitter because cardiff's the capital, pathetic mentality.

what the f**k are you babbling on about cardiff being the capital you're from tonyrefail ffs :lol:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:12 pm

waddle wrote:
murphy wrote:The jacks are all for englishman williams captaining wales, no matter how shit he is. Their wannabee f*cking english thats why. Bitter because cardiff's the capital, pathetic mentality.

what the f**k are you babbling on about cardiff being the capital you're from tonyrefail ffs :lol:

even if you live on mars cardiff is still the capital of wales,unless Im missing something :?

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19972396

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
waddle wrote:

even if you live on mars cardiff is still the capital of wales,unless Im missing something :?

he keeps whittering on about jacks being bitter about cardiff being the capital , i have no problem with cardiff being my capital city as i don't see it as anything to do with CCFC , you are just a football team in the city simple as that ,
So him bringing up this crap all the time is totally irrelevant especially as he's bigging up a place he doesn't even live in

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:21 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19972396

Standard Williams for Wales, a decent CB but always seems to be at adult for goals.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 pm

has his 'success' with swansea gotten to his head??

it looks like it to me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 pm

He looked decent last season alongside Caulker as Caulker obviously carried him.

Showing his true colours this season alongside less talented players than Caulker. Mediocre defender at best.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:He looked decent last season alongside Caulker as Caulker obviously carried him.

Showing his true colours this season alongside less talented players than Caulker. Mediocre defender at best.

Exactlly! Hes only ever looked good when he's had a good centre half next to him

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Williams back pass wasnt the best but the keeper should have put it out to the side he had time

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:39 pm

price is our 3rd choice goalie and is 2nd choice for palace- i think considering that he did pretty well compared to premiership "1st choice ashley williams"

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 pm

hes captain of waaaaaaels hes captain waaaaaaaales hes ashley williams hes captain of :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you jack basterd you jack basterd :lol: :lol: come on the jacks ;)

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:13 am

jinks-rct wrote:Williams back pass wasnt the best but the keeper should have put it out to the side he had time

I'm only quoting jinks's post as it about the most sensible.

Williams is a first class professional football player. For fucks sake he wouldn't be playing for a team in the Prenier League if wasn't. Yeh he ain't the best in the world but if he was he wouldn't be playing for Swansea and probably wouldn't bother to turn up for Wales. He made a quite a few blocks, upset a few things, yeh I know, but in general had a good game.

As to the back pass, had a few in me time, as an old keeper, most go into orbit hence I've never played higher than Welsh League and that was they cos couldn't find anyone else. Off the top my head I can think of three incidents in "pub/sunday/sat" league stuff, all similar conditions, same situation, first one I totally missed the ball and kicked the stricker in the bollocks, that is not something I want to see again, second I connected with ball that hit defender comming in on his beak, one very badly busted nose. Third, my foot dug into pitch I fell over, one busted ankle and some other shite but they scored!. No kicking the ball off the pitch in those days. As a keeper you are looking to restart the game as soon as under those situations not be Pele (or Gareth Bale) and dribble up the pitch...

Oh Italy Serbia on troubles on now! Can we get a re match v those dirty Italian cunts?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:46 am

bluebird_mike wrote:Price shouldn't even be playing, surely we have better?

Fon Williams who is 1st choice at Tranmere who are TOP of League 1 and undefeated who also have kept 6 or 7 clean sheets too this season is better ...... surely the guy must be confident and in form . The likes of Price and Brown who are in the reserves at Palace and Aberdeen should be on the bench !!!! He's defo 1 for the future ...... Wales need Hennessy back as soon as .

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:21 pm

waddle wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:
waddle wrote:

he keeps whittering on about jacks being bitter about cardiff being the capital , i have no problem with cardiff being my capital city as i don't see it as anything to do with CCFC , you are just a football team in the city simple as that ,
So him bringing up this crap all the time is totally irrelevant especially as he's bigging up a place he doesn't even live in

it don't matter if yoshi from tokyo bigs cardiff up, its still the capital of wales.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Swansea fans defending Williams has made my day, it was his fault.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:19 pm

murphy wrote:
waddle wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:
waddle wrote:

it don't matter if yoshi from tokyo bigs cardiff up, its still the capital of wales.

god you're thick :?