Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What team would you follow

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:56 pm

If Wales got independence would you be a city season ticket holder in the Welsh premier or attend games on the other side of the border

Re: What team would you follow

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:18 pm

id still support cardiff city personally

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:19 pm

But would you attend all games home and away

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:29 pm

If wales got independance, it wouldn't mean all welsh clubs would get kicked out of the english leagues.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm

yes I would mate im a cardiff city fan

surely the teams currently in the english leagues wouldnt be kicked out anyway

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:28 pm

murphy wrote:If wales got independance, it wouldn't mean all welsh clubs would get kicked out of the english leagues.

Of course they will.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:29 pm

englishbluebird wrote:yes I would mate im a cardiff city fan

surely the teams currently in the english leagues wouldnt be kicked out anyway

Airbus away would be a fixture I'm sure we will all look forward to.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:01 pm

murphy wrote:If wales got independance, it wouldn't mean all welsh clubs would get kicked out of the english leagues.

Well they f*cking should be, can't keep the things you like about being part of Britain and getting rid of everything else. I'm sure some of the numbskulls like Fuhrer saddles fully expect England to keep subsidizing Wales.

:old:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:

Well they f*cking should be, can't keep the things you like about being part of Britain and getting rid of everything else. I'm sure some of the numbskulls like Fuhrer saddles fully expect England to keep subsidizing Wales.

and they would also keep holidaying in england. :lol:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:59 pm

......are u for real??

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:05 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:

......are u for real??

is the op for real for started this thread. we won't get independance. we'll be fucked without england. its pointless thinking about it.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:08 pm

I'll always support my local team.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 pm

murphy wrote:
CardiffBatman888 wrote:

......are u for real??

is the op for real for started this thread. we won't get independance. we'll be fucked without england. its pointless thinking about it.

If Wales went on it's own it would make Welsh clubs participation in the English league system almost untenable. Funny that the Nationalists want to share the best thing about being with the Union.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:40 pm

Would make no difference. Loads of teams play in other FA's that are independent. A New Zealand side plays in the A-League for example.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:45 am

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Would make no difference. Loads of teams play in other FA's that are independent. A New Zealand side plays in the A-League for example.

I wouldn't say that to Bluebird Since 1421 or whatever his name is - you'll knock him off that high horse.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:06 am

I'd still support Cardiff City but I live in Cardiff and come from Cardiff. I would understand those that would support a fellow Welsh League club that they are closer to. It wouldn't be an issue for me though. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Cardiff all the way for me, born and still live in cardiff.

however if for some reason cardiff, swansea, newport were to play in the welsh premier i believe cardiff would really struggle to get crowds because a lot of our fans that attend matches are not from cardiff itself.

just a personel opinion though

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Would make no difference. Loads of teams play in other FA's that are independent. A New Zealand side plays in the A-League for example.

I wouldn't say that to Bluebird Since 1421 or whatever his name is - you'll knock him off that high horse.

I know that. I know of many other examples of countries playing outside of the country they find themselves in. Most recently Montreal have entered a team into the MLS, there are on going discussions about adding some Uruguayan teams into the Argentinian premier division. Lichtenstein do not have their own league anymore, the 8 or so clubs now play in the Swiss league system.

I do not say things for the sake of it, I know my stuff.

:old: :old: