Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CCFC ' THE FOOTBALL AND THE FINANCES - PART 1

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Cardiff City Football Club is in an excellent position to today to make the push to the Premier League, we are all on cloud nine with our league position, we sit top of the tree with a point advantage over second placed Leicester City, the start we have had to the season has been superb.

As a result of the team that has Malky Mackay has built, and I believe we have not seen the best of what this squad can produce yet, we as fans and as a club need to change our attitudes slightly on what we would like to achieve and change our mentality to that of expecting we can achieve.

We need to be arrogant, we can carry the optimism and turn it into a confidence, we have to start believing that we can do better than win our home games and draw the aways, so long as the been the idea that if you win your home games and draw the away games then that is good enough to win promotion but let’s be honest we have a squad of players that every team in this division is envious of, so now let’s be positive and believe we can win every game, home or away.

I truly believe that we, and we are all in it together, as a club of players, staff and fans can all help deliver the dream of the Premier League.

We have an excellent manager in Malky Mackay, as a club we have done exceptionally well in obtaining the services of such a studious manager, who is hungry for success, learning his trade and passionate in what he does.

We also have, in Vincent Tan, an owner with very deep pockets who has willingly backed the manager with a transfer budget and wages for players to compete not for the playoffs but for automatic promotion and we must embrace that. Tan wants to get this club into the Premier league for reward for the investment he has and continues to commit into the club, the manager wants to deliver the Premier League to the City and we as fans want to be playing against the best that is on offer in this country, week in and week out.

This a massive season for Cardiff City Football Club, this could and probably will be a history defining season for us, for the reasons mentioned above, we have the opportunity right in front of us and very much in our hands to shape our destiny for a very long time. I don’t want to discuss the ‘what if’s’ but look at the positive aspects of what can be achieved if certain situations are resolved on the footballing side of the club and that concerning the debt.

We cannot hide or ignore the fact we have debt, it is and seems to have been a factor for so long that when the term ‘historical debt’ is mentioned it is now synonymous with Cardiff City.
Anybody with a love of Cardiff City Football Club will want at least two things to happen to this club and I believe both of these can be dealt with this season, they are that our historical and present debt be dealt with and Premier League football achieved.

What do we need to do as a club to deliver on both?

Read Part 2 - The Football http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94884 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' CCFC ' THE FOOTBALL AND THE FINANCES - PART 1

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:56 am

Carl,

We have never met , and I have nothing against you at all, but I would like to ask you a question.

What cut are you getting from Sam if the Langston Deal is secured. You seem to bring this subject up at every opportunity.

I am 99% certain you will not answer this question, But am intrigued by your obsession on this.

Regards,

Steve

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 am

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City Football Club is in an excellent position to today to make the push to the Premier League, we are all on cloud nine with our league position, we sit top of the tree with a point advantage over second placed Leicester City, the start we have had to the season has been superb.

As a result of the team that has Malky Mackay has built, and I believe we have not seen the best of what this squad can produce yet, we as fans and as a club need to change our attitudes slightly on what we would like to achieve and change our mentality to that of expecting we can achieve.

We need to be arrogant, we can carry the optimism and turn it into a confidence, we have to start believing that we can do better than win our home games and draw the aways, so long as the been the idea that if you win your home games and draw the away games then that is good enough to win promotion but let’s be honest we have a squad of players that every team in this division is envious of, so now let’s be positive and believe we can win every game, home or away.

I truly believe that we, and we are all in it together, as a club of players, staff and fans can all help deliver the dream of the Premier League.

We have an excellent manager in Malky Mackay, as a club we have done exceptionally well in obtaining the services of such a studious manager, who is hungry for success, learning his trade and passionate in what he does.

We also have, in Vincent Tan, an owner with very deep pockets who has willingly backed the manager with a transfer budget and wages for players to compete not for the playoffs but for automatic promotion and we must embrace that. Tan wants to get this club into the Premier league for reward for the investment he has and continues to commit into the club, the manager wants to deliver the Premier League to the City and we as fans want to be playing against the best that is on offer in this country, week in and week out.

This a massive season for Cardiff City Football Club, this could and probably will be a history defining season for us, for the reasons mentioned above, we have the opportunity right in front of us and very much in our hands to shape our destiny for a very long time. I don’t want to discuss the ‘what if’s’ but look at the positive aspects of what can be achieved if certain situations are resolved on the footballing side of the club and that concerning the debt.

We cannot hide or ignore the fact we have debt, it is and seems to have been a factor for so long that when the term ‘historical debt’ is mentioned it is now synonymous with Cardiff City.
Anybody with a love of Cardiff City Football Club will want at least two things to happen to this club and I believe both of these can be dealt with this season, they are that our historical and present debt be dealt with and Premier League football achieved.

Read Part 2 - The Football http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94884 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Reading this particular paragraph reminds me of the bombastic writing style of a certain well known Lebanese businessman. Hmmm.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:33 pm

undybluebird wrote:Carl,

We have never met , and I have nothing against you at all, but I would like to ask you a question.

What cut are you getting from Sam if the Langston Deal is secured. You seem to bring this subject up at every opportunity.

I am 99% certain you will not answer this question, But am intrigued by your obsession on this.

Regards,

Steve

Steve, I will not have a cut of anything, never has there been any suggestion of anything of the sort.

I speak to Sam on regular basis, as do many other people, I was asked to see if I could help, I tried.

What you call an obsession, I call trying to help and hopefully we will have a debt free club if a deal can be concluded.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Deckard wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City Football Club is in an excellent position to today to make the push to the Premier League, we are all on cloud nine with our league position, we sit top of the tree with a point advantage over second placed Leicester City, the start we have had to the season has been superb.

Read Part 2 - The Football viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94884 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Reading this particular paragraph reminds me of the bombastic writing style of a certain well known Lebanese businessman. Hmmm.

Well Deckard, I don't know whether that is a compliment or an insult :lol:

I wrote this up late on Monday evening and finished it early hours Tuesday morning, I believe we should lose that negative feeling, especially away from home and believe we can do better than the 'be happy to get a draw up there'.

I have read a lot of the past few weeks about fans being negative and even though the negative views that people describe were associated with situations off the pitch, it struck a chord with me. The use of the word arrogant came from a piece that was written by Nathan Blake in Monday's Echo and those two combined made me think that what I wrote is what we should feel as fans.

I don't try to copy anybody's style, I wouldn't know where to even start, I am not someone who sits down with notes or records things throughout the week to write my columns, I may research certain matters but in the main, I sit myself down with a coffee and write what I feel and in part try and put across feelings of fans (especially in the Echo on matchday) from what I have read or discussed with others.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Carl,

I appreciate your response , i thought you must have an ulterior motive in continuing to push this subject.
If its genuinly for the benefit of the club that you are doing this, then I apologise for my thinking , and salute you for doing whats right for our football club.

Regards,

Steve

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:15 pm

undybluebird wrote:Carl,

I appreciate your response , i thought you must have an ulterior motive in continuing to push this subject.
If its genuinly for the benefit of the club that you are doing this, then I apologise for my thinking , and salute you for doing whats right for our football club.

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

I honestly don't feel an apology is needed, I am sure the majority of people will think 'What's he getting out of it?', I suppose that is natural.

On the same token I think it is unfair for people to call Alan Whiteley unprofessional as, in my opinion, he made contact with somebody who speaks with Sam Hammam on a regular basis and possibly could help the Club in the long term, if a deal could be secured.

I would be more inclined to think that Alan was thinking outside the box and if the strategy worked then the majority, if not all, would be saluting him.

Carl