Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

100 Years of Barry Town - old players wanted!

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:05 am

The Barry Town Supporters Committee has confirmed details of its ‘100 Years of Barry Town’ celebration event, to take place at the Angel Hotel in Cardiff on Friday 16th November (7.30pm).

Attendees will be met on arrival by a special ‘100 Years of Barry Town’ exhibition of memories and memorabilia – with old match-worn shirts, international caps, vintage programmes, trophies, pennants, classic photographs and more on show.

They will then be treated to a lavish three-course meal, interspersed with specially-made film footage documenting memorable Barry Town matches and goals from across a century of football.

The BTSC is extending an open invitation to anyone who played for or managed a Barry Town side in the past 100 years to come and celebrate this milestone occasion. A number of players and coaches have already confirmed their attendance.

There will be photo opportunities with many of the footballers present, and supporters old and new are welcome to come and meet their heroes of yesteryear.

An added attraction to the evening will be the former Manchester United, Rangers, AC Milan and England midfielder Ray Wilkins.

Recently on the management team at Chelsea and a renowned Sky Sports pundit, Wilkins will be speaking at length about his career and fielding questions from the audience.

The glittering event will also play host to a sporting auction, with proceeds helping the non-profit, BTSC community enterprise to preserve Barry Town football into its second century.

Tickets for the event are on sale now at £40 per head, or £400 for a table of four.

Call David Cole on 07557 665 847 to book, e-mail Barry100@LIVE.com or buy online via http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/BarryTownSC

Rooms at the Angel Hotel have been reserved by the BTSC and attendees are welcome to make contact via these channels if they would like to secure one at a special rate.

With almost 100 seats sold, supporters, friends and former Barry Town players are urged to book early to avoid disappointment.

Re: 100 Years of Barry Town - old players wanted!

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:09 am

RebelYellow wrote:The Barry Town Supporters Committee has confirmed details of its ‘100 Years of Barry Town’ celebration event, to take place at the Angel Hotel in Cardiff on Friday 16th November (7.30pm).

Attendees will be met on arrival by a special ‘100 Years of Barry Town’ exhibition of memories and memorabilia – with old match-worn shirts, international caps, vintage programmes, trophies, pennants, classic photographs and more on show.

They will then be treated to a lavish three-course meal, interspersed with specially-made film footage documenting memorable Barry Town matches and goals from across a century of football.

The BTSC is extending an open invitation to anyone who played for or managed a Barry Town side in the past 100 years to come and celebrate this milestone occasion. A number of players and coaches have already confirmed their attendance.

There will be photo opportunities with many of the footballers present, and supporters old and new are welcome to come and meet their heroes of yesteryear.

An added attraction to the evening will be the former Manchester United, Rangers, AC Milan and England midfielder Ray Wilkins.

Recently on the management team at Chelsea and a renowned Sky Sports pundit, Wilkins will be speaking at length about his career and fielding questions from the audience.

The glittering event will also play host to a sporting auction, with proceeds helping the non-profit, BTSC community enterprise to preserve Barry Town football into its second century.

Tickets for the event are on sale now at £40 per head, or £400 for a table of four.

Call David Cole on 07557 665 847 to book, e-mail Barry100@LIVE.com or buy online via http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/BarryTownSC

Rooms at the Angel Hotel have been reserved by the BTSC and attendees are welcome to make contact via these channels if they would like to secure one at a special rate.

With almost 100 seats sold, supporters, friends and former Barry Town players are urged to book early to avoid disappointment.

Good pricing policy! :)

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 am

It's for company tables that, not designed as a discount haha.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:24 am

RebelYellow wrote:It's for company tables that, not designed as a discount haha.

Well it looked like you'd got your sums wrong mate! :) :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 am

Good spot!

Of course, it should be £400 for a table of TEN, not four.

If a group of four want a table for themselves for £400 though, I'm sure that can be sorted ;-)

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:45 am

RebelYellow wrote:Good spot!

Of course, it should be £400 for a table of TEN, not four.

If a group of four want a table for themselves for £400 though, I'm sure that can be sorted ;-)

:)
Is Keith Pontin going to your bash mate?

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 am

I think someone connected to the Barry committee plays golf with him, so quite possibly yes mate!

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:08 pm

RebelYellow wrote:I think someone connected to the Barry committee plays golf with him, so quite possibly yes mate!

I know Keith mainly from playing Welsh League football with Pontyclun, as Keith joined Cardiff from us and his father Cyril used to be our trainer, who used to tease me endlessly, until I joined the Army and got access to a gun I suppose! :) :ayatollah: