Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT WOULD BE YOUR PREFERED MID-WEEK KICK-OFF TIME?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:01 pm

i work nights regular and have to miss second half of games on the telly and need to book time off work for mid-week games .... i feel these 7.45 and 8pm kick-off times are far to late and would prefer a 7pm or 7.15pm kick-off like the old days! .... whats your prefered time or dont you care?

Re: WHAT WOULD BE YOUR PREFERED MID-WEEK KICK-OFF TIME?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:04 pm

I like them how they are personally.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:05 pm

7:00 would be better because more people would turn up and get home earlier. People who are coming to our games from west Wales, North Wales, England etc really struggle to get home at a reasonable time. Plus more away fans would be up for the journey if the game kicked off 45 minutes earlier

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Could'nt agree more,7.15 is a much more realistic time :)

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 pm

theclaw wrote:Could'nt agree more,7.15 is a much more realistic time :)

if you notice the family stand is half empty sometimes during mid-week games ... i had countless arguments with my ex taking my son home to tredegar at 10.30pm in the night after a game when he was younger!

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:25 pm

7:45 is good for me.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Would like a 7:00pm kick off, it's a bugger trying to get my boy up the next day for school :lol:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:15 pm

AHERNE wrote:i work nights regular and have to miss second half of games on the telly and need to book time off work for mid-week games .... i feel these 7.45 and 8pm kick-off times are far to late and would prefer a 7pm or 7.15pm kick-off like the old days! .... whats your prefered time or dont you care?

I don't remember any 7.00 or 7.15 Ko's . Used to be 7.30 in the 60's and 70's then they changed it to 7.45 to allow people more time to get there after work, I think .Good for some not for others, but obviously you can't please everybody.I'd leave it as it is.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:31 pm

I work nights to, do 4 a week, sometimes a Tuesday but am flexi anyway. But earlier would be better as I've missed commentary on some second halfs and then cant concentrate at work :lol:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:35 pm

6:30pm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Work - pub for a couple - game - few more in the pub after - home.

:D

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:27 am

I hate mid week games. I'd prefer all games to be 3pm on a Saturday.

As I travel from distance, though, to every home game (as do a lot of people), then 7.45 suits me better, because I've got more time to get there. Not so good for my son with school in the morning but he manages OK.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:03 pm

I have a night shift tonight and leave around 20.30 so normally have to leave at half time. Will miss the last 15 tonight. But being a shift worker when I am on nights fooks me up but not as much when I work evenings :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:06 pm

9 o clock so the CCS is a child free zone. Bliss.

:old:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:21 pm

I would prefer an earlier kick off, 7.00 pm would be ideal, it will never happen though. :ayatollah: