Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

anyone into retro gaming?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 pm

anyone else out there enjoy a bit of the old atari/mega drive etc? :ayatollah:

Re: anyone into retro gaming?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 pm

CraigMc wrote:anyone else out there enjoy a bit of the old atari/mega drive etc? :ayatollah:

i love streets of rage....best game ever!

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Golden Axe. :D

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:51 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
CraigMc wrote:anyone else out there enjoy a bit of the old atari/mega drive etc? :ayatollah:

i love streets of rage....best game ever!

I loved that game on the MegaDrive. Downloaded it on my iPod and it's still awesome. Just not the same without that controller :(

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Kanester wrote:Golden Axe. :D

I loved that game growing up. Can't beat the Sonic the hedgehog games either :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:58 pm

i bought a megadrive off ebay about a year ago cost me £25

best thing i ever bought....fifa 96 is amazing! and sensible soccer

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Kanester wrote:Golden Axe. :D

found that game quite hard compared to streets of rage

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Golden Ace, Streets of Rage and Altered Beast were my favourites... FIFA 94 an 96 were great too!! :-D

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:22 pm

Well into retro gaming - bit of a geek. Currently got a Commodore 64, NES and SNES, SEGA MASTER system, Mega Drive, SEGA Saturn and SEGA Dreamcast - all in perfect working order!

Playing a lot with the Saturn at the moment!

:ugeek: :geek:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Most people from Swansea and New Tredegar. Only now Daley Thompsons Decathlon has come out on the ZX Spectrum.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Cant beat the old classics.

I liked single screen at a time game like Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Island, Pang, Bombjack.....

All got to confusing for me when you could go off in all directions :lol:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:32 pm

i used to have a commodore 64, loved loading the cassette for an hour only for it not to load :evil:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah.

Still play Spyro and Crash Bandicoot on the PS1 and Rayman too.

Still play Sonic etc on the megadrive. Sold my other consoles and bought a PS1 and MegaDrive from a local old gaming shop. Best decision ever. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Well into retro gaming - bit of a geek. Currently got a Commodore 64, NES and SNES, SEGA MASTER system, Mega Drive, SEGA Saturn and SEGA Dreamcast - all in perfect working order!

I started playing NES and SNES recently but only on my computer. Gonna need to see if I can buy them somewhere

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Well into retro gaming - bit of a geek. Currently got a Commodore 64, NES and SNES, SEGA MASTER system, Mega Drive, SEGA Saturn and SEGA Dreamcast - all in perfect working order!

I got the master system and mega drive, currently bidding on an atari 7800 on ebay. and a boxed gameboy original :ayatollah: :ugeek:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:18 pm

CraigMc wrote:

I got the master system and mega drive, currently bidding on an atari 7800 on ebay. and a boxed gameboy original :ayatollah: :ugeek:

Lovely - I'm a proper SEGA geek so I have all their consoles. All from new too - apart from my master system which got crushed in a house move :( haha

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:28 pm

I bought a SNES a few years ago and loved re-getting into Street Fighter 2.

I've also got Megadrive classics for the Xbox 360, still can't complete Sonic 2 though

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:29 pm

My first ever football management games were played on the Spectrum, the best of which was 'The Double'

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:30 pm

double dragon was class in the early 90's. the old resident evil games were classic, much better then the recent one.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:32 pm

murphy wrote:double dragon was class in the early 90's. the old resident evil games were classic, much better then the recent one.

Double Dragon was class

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Gain Ground on the megadrive is a beast of a game :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Amiga 500 for me. Epic sensible world of soccer marathons. What memories. Also cannon fodder was great fun.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Commando and Impossible Mission were my favourites from the atari.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:13 pm

Got really into using emulators a few years back, MAME (Multiple Arcade) is fantastic, all the arcade classics you could ask for. There are emulators out there for most of the major consoles and computers as well, a great way to play old games that may be a bit harder to track down in the shops.

P.S. Just a word of warning, some of the old classics haven't aged well, I have played a couple of games which would probably have been better off just being memories.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:22 pm

The Atari hasn't withstood the test of time. It's horrible.

I love a lot of Sega games. I'm a NES/SNES guy at heart though. Super Mario World is one of the greatest games ever made.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:34 pm

murphy wrote:double dragon was class in the early 90's. the old resident evil games were classic, much better then the recent one.

The amount of times I bunked off school to play this :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Shinobi were brilliant and the old Sonic! :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:Most people from Swansea and New Tredegar. Only now Daley Thompsons Decathlon has come out on the ZX Spectrum.

:lol:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:13 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Most people from Swansea and New Tredegar. Only now Daley Thompsons Decathlon has come out on the ZX Spectrum.

:lol:

Now, now... :thumbleft:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:24 pm

phoenix & asteroids :D I've got mame on ere, got all the game's on it, it's just a pain in the arse finding the key's