Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

25 years ago today ....the big storm

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:18 pm

i think something like 7 million trees blown over......i cant believe its 25 years ago :o :o :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: 25 years ago today ....the big storm

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:29 pm

krabb wrote:i think something like 7 million trees blown over......i cant believe its 25 years ago :o :o :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

apparently 15 million trees went over :o

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Forest have struggled since then

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:45 pm

25 years ago bloody hell i remember it well i was devastated,i was working in kent at the time i finnished work at around 5 ish went into a pub for a few pints,left around 10 ish on the way back to the digs my hat blew off i was pig sick.i think a few people in the area lost other items: roofs,cars,fences,houses,and even thier jobs.I KNOW IT SOUNDS SELFISH BUT I LOVED THAT HAT.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:05 pm

I was on a ferry in the middle of the North sea with hundreds of other City fans, on the way home from Denmark after a Euro qualifier. Anyone else on the board take that trip? It was quite a ride!!!! Drinking in the upstairs bar with the Cwmbran choir on the stage staggering from side to side as the storm started to take hold.

Whatever happened to rapping Rance? :old: :old: :old:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Same here mate, Denmark, went on a trip organised by Mike, from cardiff[ not lambert] , maybe pearce ??? ...about 8 of us from the rhondda, managed to miss the ferry home,had an extra night in Esbjerg, best trip i've ever been on following wales...on the ferry the next day, after the worst of the storms had finished, but still really bad, 3 of us were standing by the bar,then fell about 20 yards over the dance floor...people spewing everywhere,I felt great...good memories...

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Yeah it was a great trip. I remember standing on the tables in one of the bars in Copenhagen, singing "MIchael Laudrup is a homosexual" to the Danish Roligans (as they called themselves). Quite prophetic as it turned out! ;)

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 pm

i thought the big storm was. after you ate that hot curry last week :lol:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 pm

ninianblue wrote:i thought the big storm was. after you ate that hot curry last week :lol:

had yours yet...whimp :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:34 pm

krabb wrote:
ninianblue wrote:i thought the big storm was. after you ate that hot curry last week :lol:

no not yet. youve scared me off it. may give it a go on the weekend :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:42 pm

ninianblue wrote:
krabb wrote:

no not yet. youve scared me off it. may give it a go on the weekend :ayatollah:

enjoy it,but to hot for me... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:44 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:Same here mate, Denmark, went on a trip organised by Mike, from cardiff[ not lambert] , maybe pearce ??? ...about 8 of us from the rhondda, managed to miss the ferry home,had an extra night in Esbjerg, best trip i've ever been on following wales...on the ferry the next day, after the worst of the storms had finished, but still really bad, 3 of us were standing by the bar,then fell about 20 yards over the dance floor...people spewing everywhere,I felt great...good memories...

:lol: sounds like a great laugh!

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:22 pm

When i LOGGED on the last thing i thought id read was someone having a PINE for days gone by. I WOOD have thought it was best forgotten.If i remember it took a few weeks to SPRUCE up the country. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:22 pm

krabb wrote:i think something like 7 million trees blown over......i cant believe its 25 years ago :o :o :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

remember it well as i live on Brighton seafront. my misses woke me up about 2am saying there's a funny noise outside, opened the bedroom curtains and saw bins flying 25ft off the floor :shock: we went in the kids room and slapped our mattress up against his window :D next morning it was f*cking bedlam outside :lol: got a day off work though :ayatollah: