Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TEAM v FOREST?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:33 am

We're told CB39, Mutch and Tommy Smith are all available for Saturday which gives Malky a selection a headache - a good problem to have as they say. So, what do we think Malky will do with the squad against a dangerous Forest team?

I'm thinking/hoping this below...

If CB39 is fit then he usually plays so I can see him starting in the hole behind HH and dropping into midfield (4-5-1) when needed.

Given the team's done well lately I cant see Mutch or Smith walking back in and they might have to earn their places back starting from the bench - similarly to the Ben Turner situation.

Craig Conway was superb against Ipswich and I think it's out of him and Cowie to start on the right side of midfield - I would choose Conway myself but MM may well opt for Don Cowie to keep things tight as we're away and we all know MM is cautious on the road.

That leaves a strong looking bench and given Rudy did okay as sub against Ipswich I can see him getting in the squad again, leaving our big money summer signings Velikonja and Kim out of the squad all together!

What does everyone think?

:ayatollah:

Re: TEAM v FOREST?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:40 am

Mutch for gunner. Mutch is a very good buy. And if he doesn't go onto bigger and better things I think will be a top signing

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:42 am

Marshall
McNaughton
Hudson
Connolly
Taylor
Mutch
Whittingham
Noone
Smith
Helguson
Velikonja

Lewis
Turner
Kiss
Gunnarsson
Mason
Conway
Gestede

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:51 am

I would choose same team but put Bellamy up front and Helguson behind.

I would like to include Kim Bo Kyung for Cowie? (Even though he is in the Scotland squad) I'm not sure on that.

But that's just me.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:01 pm

Marshall
Taylor
Hudson
Turner
Connelly
Smith
Mutch
Whitts
Noone
Bellers
Helguson

Lewis
Kimbo
Rudy
McNaughton
Conway
Gunnarson
Cowie

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:23 pm

sambluebird wrote:I would choose same team but put Bellamy up front and Helguson behind.

I would like to include Kim Bo Kyung for Cowie? (Even though he is in the Scotland squad) I'm not sure on that.

But that's just me.

I would like to see Kim get more time on the pitch too but I cant see him being picked ahead of Cowie at the moment.

I doubt he'll make the bench this week.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:28 pm

milly44 wrote:Mutch for gunner. Mutch is a very good buy. And if he doesn't go onto bigger and better things I think will be a top signing

I agree, Mutch is quality, but he wont be 100% match fit and would MM just chuck him straight back in?

I think he'll get on second half in place of Gunnar and look at starting the Tuesday game v Watford.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm

I'd go with that. Gunnar has been great while Mutch has been out after a pretty bad start to the season. Don't think it would be right to just chuck him straight back in while not even match fit

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:41 pm

NickPenarth wrote:
milly44 wrote:Mutch for gunner. Mutch is a very good buy. And if he doesn't go onto bigger and better things I think will be a top signing

I agree, Mutch is quality, but he wont be 100% match fit and would MM just chuck him straight back in?

I think he'll get on second half in place of Gunnar and look at starting the Tuesday game v Watford.

To be honest mate I can't remember what his injury is. I like Gunnar he's never let us down. If it was a fully fit squad he would be my change :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:44 pm

-----------------Marshall

McNaughton Hudson Turner Taylor

---------------Mutch Whitts

Conway Helguson Bellamy Noone

4-2-4 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Marshall

Kev
Hudson
Connolly
Taylor

Smith
Gunnar
Witts
Noone

Helguson
Bellamy

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Marshall

Kev
Hudson
Connolly
Taylor

Smith
Gunnar
Witts
Noone

Helguson
Bellamy

Same 10 bar Mutch for Noone, Bellamy playing on left in a 4-5-1

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Marshall
Mcnaughton
Hudson
Connolly
Taylor
Conway
Whittingham
Mutch
Noone
Bellamy
Helguson
:ayatollah:

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:01 am

---------------------------marshall-------------------------
mcnaughton---------hudson-----------connolly----------taylor
---------------------------------------------------------------------
smith----------------mutch-------------whitts-----------noone
--------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------bellamy-------------helgueson-------------

subs --------- lewis, cowie, conway, gunnarsson,turner,kimbo,velikonja

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 am

Conway to come in for Smith, deserves a place and a chance to start.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:09 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Conway to come in for Smith, deserves a place and a chance to start.

Smith wont be 100% match fit and Craig Conway is banging on the door after the Ipswich game :old:

Unleash Conway!

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:11 am

Hes not on the back of my shirt anyway :ayatollah: