Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Albania Road.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Born and raised on Donald street I have seen one of the greatest streets in terms of charm and character in not only Cardiff but Wales turned into one of the biggest monstrosities of the city. Years and years of Eastern European immigration as left many us Roathians label it "Albania street". The amount of pram pushing Eastern Europeans on that street is scary.

All the old independant traders that I grew up with are closing down one by one being replaced by Pawnbrokers and f*cking takeaways, a major shame. Not only has the influx of immigrants destroyed the community but the students that have infested the area like rats have further devalued Roath as a whole. I hope to god that Albany road is not the future of this city for everyones sake.

:old: :old:

Re: Albania Road.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Born and raised on Donald street I have seen one of the greatest streets in terms of charm and character in not only Cardiff but Wales turned into one of the biggest monstrosities of the city. Years and years of Eastern European immigration as left many us Roathians label it "Albania street". The amount of pram pushing Eastern Europeans on that street is scary.

All the old independant traders that I grew up with are closing down one by one being replaced by Pawnbrokers and f*cking takeaways, a major shame. Not only has the influx of immigrants destroyed the community but the students that have infested the area like rats have further devalued Roath as a whole. I hope to god that Albany road is not the future of this city for everyones sake.

The old gaurd would be in the cringe position in there graves, sadly its only a matter of time before all streets look the same as you describe.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Here here pal here f*cking here.

There is only so much we can take, how long is it before areas like Roath turn into Eastern European slums full to bursting of criminal activity. I gather from friends up your way that Merthyr town center is full of pissed up Poles.

:old:

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Here here pal here f*cking here.

There is only so much we can take, how long is it before areas like Roath turn into Eastern European slums full to bursting of criminal activity. I gather from friends up your way that Merthyr town center is full of pissed up Poles.

It will be to late once we open our front doors and find it looks like bagdad town center, but thats how the system is going it a shower of shit in many ways. We have to fear for are childrens kids futures the way the country is going. Im abit from merthyr but yes it has two pole shops in the town center for the invasion thats come over the last few years, as for pissheads well its been full of them for years on the sick. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:43 pm

If you think Albany Road is bad you should see City Road!

Walked the length of it yesterday and I honestly do not think there is one "local" business on the entire road.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:54 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Born and raised on Donald street I have seen one of the greatest streets in terms of charm and character in not only Cardiff but Wales turned into one of the biggest monstrosities of the city. Years and years of Eastern European immigration as left many us Roathians label it "Albania street". The amount of pram pushing Eastern Europeans on that street is scary.

I'm with you on this one, my grandparents had The Albany in the 70's, I went in there a couple of years ago, let's just say it was very different. My grandfather would be gutted if he could see it and my grandmother wouldn't be too comfortable with her walks to the Gaiety! :old: :old:

Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Same as Cliffton st

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Moved back to Carmarthen two years ago, after 34 years in Cardiff. Lived in the Heath, and on the Gabalfa estate. Loved every minute. Biggest problem in Cardiff has always been the students. Cathays springs to mind. Just count my blessings that I knew, and worked in, the old Cardiff, especially Schooner Way, West Dock from 76 to 84. After that, in Whitchurch. Sorry to hear about Roath, and probably Plasnewydd. But I was always an incomer myself, so best I don't say too much! Still the best city in the world, though. Get back often, and not just for the football.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:52 am

Vote BNP :old:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:10 am

Typical of any inner city.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 am

Firstly I should say, there's just as many nice immigrants as there are nice locals and just as many cuntish immigrants as there are cuntish locals. I'm a big advocate for pushing local business but I'm not against new businesses coming in and changing the landscape. I'm not going to get involved in the whole immigration debate anyway because some views are very warped on it and it's a pointless argument against those views.

However, I do think places like City Road where there's a curry house or kebab house every other store is a bit excessive. The government is on about decreasing the deficit yadda yadda yadda. If they want to do that then they need to increase the amount of money coming in to the country. Giving premises to individuals who send their profits away to family members in other countries as opposed to putting it back into the local economy isn't helping things.

I am a firm believer that to fix this economic issue we need to focus on improving income generation not decreasing the country's outgoings. Just a shame Thatcher really fucked us on that level though.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:15 pm

I work in the Roath/Cathays area and also of my patients report incidents with Romainians mainly and when it's brought upto the police they simply say that it's part of their culture and can't do anything... Things like underage sex/drug use and robbing.... How the hell is that part of their culture??

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Jestrix wrote:I work in the Roath/Cathays area and also of my patients report incidents with Romainians mainly and when it's brought upto the police they simply say that it's part of their culture and can't do anything... Things like underage sex/drug use and robbing.... How the hell is that part of their culture??

its just an easy excuse from a lazy police force. lets be honest whilst we are on the subject of olden times most of todays old bill wouldnt even make the specials years ago.

O0h lets employ more women
Ooh lets employ more asian
Ooh lets employ more gays.

No wonder people have no respect or fear for the police.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:31 pm

Some of you need to count yourselves lucky that you're not the captain of the Icelandic team :lol:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:34 pm

"The Cardiff Association for the prevention of Albanian Crime" Endorsed by Cardiff City Forum and Aron Gunnarsson :lol:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Zabier wrote:However, I do think places like City Road where there's a curry house or kebab house every other store is a bit excessive. The government is on about decreasing the deficit yadda yadda yadda. If they want to do that then they need to increase the amount of money coming in to the country. Giving premises to individuals who send their profits away to family members in other countries as opposed to putting it back into the local economy isn't helping things.

I am a firm believer that to fix this economic issue we need to focus on improving income generation not decreasing the country's outgoings. Just a shame Thatcher really fucked us on that level though.

How dare they spend their own money on helping their poor, disadvantaged families when we are trying to make our 1st world country even more 1st world. Absolute filth.
They should bring back the death penalty for being non-British.

Sarcasm.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Jestrix wrote:I work in the Roath/Cathays area and also of my patients report incidents with Romainians mainly and when it's brought upto the police they simply say that it's part of their culture and can't do anything... Things like underage sex/drug use and robbing.... How the hell is that part of their culture??

That's the problem you see, the police can't be bothered to sort out the Eastern Europeans because they know they are out their depth and they certainly know that the problem of Eastern European scumbags on our streets is worse than what many think. City road is an abomination but it's mainly the Asian folk who use that street and I do like a kebab from time to time. Too many takeaways have spoilt City road but it's never been as prestigious as Albany which is why it's a crying shame how much the once proud Albany road has deteriorated.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:"The Cardiff Association for the prevention of Albanian Crime" Endorsed by Cardiff City Forum and Aron Gunnarsson :lol:

:lol:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:22 pm

"rewarding" teenagers that give birth with houses and benefits is destroying the Uk as much as immigrants
weak government
weak police force

truly shameful

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 pm

BluebirdJoe wrote:"The Cardiff Association for the prevention of Albanian Crime" Endorsed by Cardiff City Forum and Aron Gunnarsson :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Get rid of the lot of them ASAP

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:

That's the problem you see, the police can't be bothered to sort out the Eastern Europeans because they know they are out their depth and they certainly know that the problem of Eastern European scumbags on our streets is worse than what many think. City road is an abomination but it's mainly the Asian folk who use that street and I do like a kebab from time to time. Too many takeaways have spoilt City road but it's never been as prestigious as Albany which is why it's a crying shame how much the once proud Albany road has deteriorated.

Fecking Nimby's!!

Live and let live!

Eastern Europeans now......bet you moaned like feck about Irish, West Indians, Pakistanis, Polish......now Albanians / Romanians. Both represent the poorest regions of Europe. Give 'em a break. Lucky for you (right wing tory git!) that you was born pink in Roath.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:39 pm

Purple in Cwmbran wrote:

Fecking Nimby's!!

Live and let live!

Eastern Europeans now......bet you moaned like feck about Irish, West Indians, Pakistanis, Polish......now Albanians / Romanians. Both represent the poorest regions of Europe. Give 'em a break. Lucky for you (right wing tory git!) that you was born pink in Roath.

No, loved the Irish they were here to work not scrounge of us. My ancestry is universally Irish like many in this City. West Indians again salt of the earth, get unfairly tarnished with the same brush as the Romanians and Albanians by people like you who have no idea about it.

Cwmbran hasn't been visited by anyone outside of Gwent let alone f*cking Europe, your a clueless hillbilly talking drivel once again.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Purple in Cwmbran wrote:

Fecking Nimby's!!

Live and let live!

No, loved the Irish they were here to work not scrounge of us. My ancestry is universally Irish like many in this City. West Indians again salt of the earth, get unfairly tarnished with the same brush as the Romanians and Albanians by people like you who have no idea about it.

Cwmbran hasn't been visited by anyone outside of Gwent let alone f*cking Europe, your a clueless hillbilly talking drivel once again.

Oi, big mouth!!...............the Micks were must unwelcome as well. But eventually stuck. Point I was making was that fear leads to intollerance. The Balkan countries follow the line I described. Just like the Polish "your lot" undercut Welsh wages. Now you smuggly sit in the Principality like it was yours all along!!

As for the Cwmbran jibe, Paddy.........born and bred Barry. Many years Cardiff, then Caerleon, now Cwmbran. Apart from a Scottish great grand father, I believe I am total Welsh and far from HillBilly......more a sandcrabber.

As for West Indians...........not even going there. Tarnished by 'people like you'. Yeah, man. Wouldn't swap ten of you for any of my mates!

So maybe you can have a go at Somali's.......................prick!!

Read and learn........

For centuries, the Welsh considered the Irish to be an uncivilised people with unfamiliar and unpalatable habits.

They looked down their noses at their neighbours on the other side of the sea and their attitudes can be summed up as a mixture of disdain and fear.

Take, for example, the radical stonemason, antiquarian and poet Edward Williams (Iolo Morgannwg) who wrote in 1799 that: “An Irishman’s loves are three: violence, deception and poetry.”

He made this dismissive comment not long after the Irish Rebellion of 1798 when well-to-do refugees arrived on the shores of Anglesey and Pembrokeshire in search of a safe haven.

These newcomers sometimes received a hostile reception from the Welsh and were refused hospitality at inns. This was not an isolated episode.

From the 1820s Irish migrants began to appear in the new and growing industrial settlements of the country.

They encountered a violent response from the outset, as happened at Rhymney in 1826. Over the course of the 19th century there would be as many as 20 anti-Irish riots across the country, in places as far apart as Cardiff and Holyhead.

Ethnic tensions were particularly bad in Monmouthshire and Glamorgan, where the incomers were accused of working for lower wages.

In reality, there’s no concrete evidence to show that the Irish actually undercut the wage rates of native workers and it’s likely that the outsiders were simply convenient scapegoats when times were bad. But the reputation stuck.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/welsh ... z29fWSrweg

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:52 pm

Massimo Osti wrote:Get rid of the lot of them ASAP

Here here pal here f*cking here. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:58 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Massimo Osti wrote:Get rid of the lot of them ASAP

Here here pal here f*cking here. :ayatollah:

Not exactly over run in Merthyr, butt are you??!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Purple in Cwmbran you give the left wing shit all the time, then you refer to the Irish as Mick's and Paddy's :? :? :? :? :? Immigration totally out of control and that is my opinion. But anyone who comes here must live to the law of the land, not by the laws of there former lands, or there Religion. If they brake the law then they should fook off back to the country they come from. Oh and they must work as well not live off my Taxes.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Purple in Cwmbran you give the left wing shit all the time, then you refer to the Irish as Mick's and Paddy's :? :? :? :? :? Immigration totally out of control and that is my opinion. But anyone who comes here must live to the law of the land, not by the laws of there former lands, or there Religion. If they brake the law then they should fook off back to the country they come from. Oh and they must work as well not live off my Taxes.

I am fully behind people being kicked out of this country if they are benefit scroungers... whether they are immigrants or not!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Zabier wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Purple in Cwmbran you give the left wing shit all the time, then you refer to the Irish as Mick's and Paddy's :? :? :? :? :? Immigration totally out of control and that is my opinion. But anyone who comes here must live to the law of the land, not by the laws of there former lands, or there Religion. If they brake the law then they should fook off back to the country they come from. Oh and they must work as well not live off my Taxes.

I am fully behind people being kicked out of this country if they are benefit scroungers... whether they are immigrants or not!

You got that spot on Chief. We should find some deserted island and chuck em all on there. Fooking hell it would be like the living dead on there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:15 pm

correct.what is the point of leaving a doghole behind to recreate the doghole here???