Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Kindle

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:21 pm

bought my old man the fire hd. quite impressive, i have an ipad 3 and it was half the price of that and equally as fine.. only down side is to get movies on it you seem to have to subscribe to love film!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:29 pm

I got a HD Fire Kindle, its superb in my opinion. Great for gaming, surfing the net or books video etc. I downloaded bbc I player app, netflix etc . A superb piece of kit, you have the i pad mini and google nexus around but in all honesty would defo reccemend it to anyone :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:13 am

subbuteoman wrote:I got a HD Fire Kindle, its superb in my opinion. Great for gaming, surfing the net or books video etc. I downloaded bbc I player app, netflix etc . A superb piece of kit, you have the i pad mini and google nexus around but in all honesty would defo reccemend it to anyone :ayatollah:

I didnt know what to do all day. I ordered the fire (not HD) them cancelled it lol then bought it again :lol:

I like said my mum is adamant she don't want one but I don't believe her :lol:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:15 am

2blue2handle wrote:
subbuteoman wrote:I got a HD Fire Kindle, its superb in my opinion. Great for gaming, surfing the net or books video etc. I downloaded bbc I player app, netflix etc . A superb piece of kit, you have the i pad mini and google nexus around but in all honesty would defo reccemend it to anyone :ayatollah:

I didnt know what to do all day. I ordered the fire (not HD) them cancelled it lol then bought it again :lol:

I like said my mum is adamant she don't want one but I don't believe her :lol:

Ha! they always say that, she will be chuffed to beans when she gets it for sure :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:18 am

I think so/ hope so we plan on setting it up as well so she has her music and a few books ready to go for Xmas night.

My mum is a nervous person with technology, she was adamant she would never use fb on her phone on the bus and couldn't understand people who did :lol: can't keep the crazy woman off it now :lol:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:20 am

2blue2handle wrote:I think so/ hope so we plan on setting it up as well so she has her music and a few books ready to go for Xmas night.

My mum is a nervous person with technology, she was adamant she would never use fb on her phone on the bus and couldn't understand people who did :lol: can't keep the crazy woman off it now :lol:

Shes doing better than my old man and mam, they havent a clue. I said next year I might book that holiday centre down Pembrokeshire with the missus and sister and her kids, he said "oh yes Blue tooth I heard thats very nice" er.....Bluestones dad :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:49 am

I can second this. I had the iPad 2 and was going to get the Paperwhite but in the end I got rid of the iPad 2 and went for the Kindle FIre HD. Best decision I made and its a far better device in my opinion. Had it for a fortnight now and its been an amazing purchase.

Better for reading, better for films, better for Netflix etc. Only downside is atm it don't support Sky Go but that's no big problem as I have it activated on my laptop. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:07 am

subbuteoman wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think so/ hope so we plan on setting it up as well so she has her music and a few books ready to go for Xmas night.

Shes doing better than my old man and mam, they havent a clue. I said next year I might book that holiday centre down Pembrokeshire with the missus and sister and her kids, he said "oh yes Blue tooth I heard thats very nice" er.....Bluestones dad :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I always remind my mother of this....
She didnt want to use the Internet and had "no use for it" I said you can do your bills on it and all your catolag stuff. Her reply why when I can phone up or go direct to the store, it's pointless.
In the end we got her on it.... Forward one year and the Internet is down.

I kid you not she is on the phone beside herself because she can't pay her bills or pay her catolag :lol:
I said can't you phone up or go to the store like you used up? :lol: she said no I like to do it online now then moaned how its ok for me as I had Internet in work :lol:

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:55 am

If your mother has any problems with her joints in her wrists that make it uncomfortable to hold a thick volume novel,like one of your books for instance,then yes,a kindle is ideal,if she has no such impediment,then let your mom stick with a good old fashion library book,i personally use my kindle to read periodicals,and library books for novels

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:42 pm

I put off buying one for years, when I finally took the plunge I was so pleased they are great and you can order a book in 60 seconds(must have wifi) so if you really enjoy a book you can instantly search on your kindle for other titles by that author and order them straight away as Amazon stores your credit card details on your account. Also great space saver on two week holidays.

The only issue you might have is if your mother buys lots of second hand books at charity shops as most known authors are still about £3-£4 a download. That's what has stopped me getting my mother one.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:04 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:I put off buying one for years, when I finally took the plunge I was so pleased they are great and you can order a book in 60 seconds(must have wifi) so if you really enjoy a book you can instantly search on your kindle for other titles by that author and order them straight away as Amazon stores your credit card details on your account. Also great space saver on two week holidays.

The only issue you might have is if your mother buys lots of second hand books at charity shops as most known authors are still about £3-£4 a download. That's what has stopped me getting my mother one.

Why not get her one then as a gift in the future by her credit so she can buy the books she wants? Women love free books. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:19 pm

I just got one for my mum too the fire

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:52 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:I put off buying one for years, when I finally took the plunge I was so pleased they are great and you can order a book in 60 seconds(must have wifi) so if you really enjoy a book you can instantly search on your kindle for other titles by that author and order them straight away as Amazon stores your credit card details on your account. Also great space saver on two week holidays.

Why not get her one then as a gift in the future by her credit so she can buy the books she wants? Women love free books. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's not that simple older ladies loves a bargain they do's

Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Its finally come, it looks great although a little heavier than I thought it would be.

Want to set it up ready for X-Mas with music and stuff but I need to link it to an Amazon account, if I set it up to mine for now am I able to later change it to my mums account so she can buy her own things? and would it have any effect?