Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What did Bellamy say..

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 pm

..to the referee to get that yellow card? :lol:

I would love to know what he said. It must have been particularly offensive for him to be booked.

Having said that I have no doubt the ref fully deserved it. He was terrible tonight as was the linesman on the Ninian side who never gave us a corner when their goalie collected the ball about three feet behind the goal line. And then they went straight up the other end and scored!

We've had some right clowns in charge of our recent games.

Re: What did Bellamy say..

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:40 pm

davids wrote:..to the referee to get that yellow card? :lol:

I would love to know what he said. It must have been particularly offensive for him to be booked.

Having said that I have no doubt the ref fully deserved it. He was terrible tonight as was the linesman on the Ninian side who never gave us a corner when their goalie collected the ball about three feet behind the goal line. And then they went straight up the other end and scored!

I agree the officials were poor. It was a stone wall penalty, I think the ref played advantage seeing Mason had a great chance to score and then thought it was too late to bring the play back to give us the penalty. I also thought we should have had a penalty in the first half, Noone clearly got to the ball in front of the keeper and the keeper took his legs.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I agree the officials were poor. It was a stone wall penalty, I think the ref played advantage seeing Mason had a great chance to score and then thought it was too late to bring the play back to give us the penalty. I also thought we should have had a penalty in the first half, Noone clearly got to the ball in front of the keeper and the keeper took his legs.

Tonteg you're right. I hate this "advantage" rule. If we don't score a goal in such circumstances how can we said to have been given an "advantage. By all means let the play go on but if the final result is not better than a penalty then give the penalty!

No wonder Bellamy was so pissed off.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 pm

davids wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Tonteg you're right. I hate this "advantage" rule. If we don't score a goal in such circumstances how can we said to have been given an "advantage. By all means let the play go on but if the final result is not better than a penalty then give the penalty!

No wonder Bellamy was so pissed off.

I totally agree. usually I would have a go at Bellamy for not keeping his control and getting a silly booking, but it was such a clear penalty that I think it was well worth a booking to tell the ref what a shocking decision it was.

BELLAMY BOOKING...........?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 pm

What was that about?

Was it because he came back on the pitch without the ref waiving him back on? Pedantic tw*t.

Or was he chopsing?

Re: BELLAMY BOOKING...........?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:18 pm

He threatened the ref with his 9-iron

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:20 pm

I assumed it was for chat back.
Looked a pen tho?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 pm

He got booked for entering the field of play before the ref called him back on which is a joke because the 4th official was the one that pushed him back onto the pitch

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:30 pm

He got booked for entering the field of play before the ref had indicated. Didn't say anything to the ref

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:07 am

He DIDN'T enter the field of play early. The referee clearly called him on with a raised arm whilst facing away from Bellers :roll:

Those near the incident alledged he DID make a detrimental comment to the referee on his return to the field after he was hacked down in the box. If that was the case then he was lucky not to see red :oops:

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:09 am

Porthcawl_Bluebird wrote:He got booked for entering the field of play before the ref called him back on which is a joke because the 4th official was the one that pushed him back onto the pitch

Nope!! The referee clearly waved him back on :roll:

Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:10 am

Definatly a comment. I watched him run back on he looked at the referee said something and the ref turned and went towards straight away. I must admit he's grown on me slightly because I really don't like the guy.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:10 am

Sven Ghali wrote:He DIDN'T enter the field of play early. The referee clearly called him on with a raised arm whilst facing away from Bellers :roll:

NO he didn't! I was sat right there and was watching the whole thing! It was his assistant that pushed him back onto the pitch

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:11 am

was a cast iron penalty, the ref clearly didnt think so

thought the ref was awful last night, but for both teams really.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:21 am

I saw the ref raise his hand to allow Bellers back on the field and I saw bellers look at the ref as he was passing him and it was obvious he'd said something. Wasn't close enough to hear what he said but I don't think he was passing comments on the atrocious weather. :D :ayatollah: