Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

not a good crowd....considering we are top

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 pm

i understand not the best night weather wise,but i expected 22,000 + tonight,a chance for us to go top and a good team to watch :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: not a good crowd....considering we are top

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:50 pm

If we on't get a big crowd for Watford then there's something wrong there.

However I think the rebranding took 1000 off our crowd tonight, there's a lot less interest this season even though we're doing amazing

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm

We've only just become top. The weather was dreadful tonight, a lot of our support is valleys based and it's harder for them to come down, f**k attendances. Tickets need to be cheaper, the match day experience needs to be changed

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 pm

thought it was a decent crowd considering the weather and european footie on

Got friggin drenched at the front tonight but stayed all the way through . loads headed for the bar areas to watch the game on the screens to escape the rain about 35 minutes into the game .

Crowds are down generally this year . should be interesting to see other attendances tonight in the championship to really guage what's going on this season

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:03 pm

krabb wrote:i understand not the best night weather wise,but i expected 22,000 + tonight,a chance for us to go top and a good team to watch :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Only 500 Brum there apparently.

Guess how many Wolves had v Palace (19k) ? Hull v Blackpool (15k)

Only other clubs with over 20k were Brighton and Bolton (boosted by about 3000 Leeds no doubt)

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:04 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:thought it was a decent crowd considering the weather and european footie on

Got friggin drenched at the front tonight but stayed all the way through . loads headed for the bar areas to watch the game on the screens to escape the rain about 35 minutes into the game .

Crowds are down generally this year . should be interesting to see other attendances tonight in the championship to really guage what's going on this season

weather fine before kick off,you may be right that crowds are generally down :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Not a bad crowd at all.
When they said the attendance lots of brum fans clapped to.
If our crowd was poor what were the other attendances tonight?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:15 pm

krabb wrote:i understand not the best night weather wise,but i expected 22,000 + tonight,a chance for us to go top and a good team to watch :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree Kevin.

Crowd was approx really only 17,000 in attendance.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 am

we werent top :?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:46 am

The effects of a rebrand if you ask me.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 am

paulh_85 wrote:we werent top :?

sorry second on goal difference you plum :D

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:10 am

apology accepted

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:31 am

paulh_85 wrote:apology accepted

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 am

Couldn't get down from Llandod tonight, my dad went down though, harder for me to travel down haven't passed me test yet! :lol:

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 am

I missed the game last night due to work, but lent my stadium card to one of the boys.

May have to miss the watford game aswell for the same reasons. Thats the way it goes.