Re: how are the tickets selling for tomorrow night

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:44 pm

through the usual outlets ;)

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Not that well. 21,000 at most

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Sold about 500 tickets today according to the interactive ticket page which leaves over 3,400 still to sell. Not going to happen in my opinion and given we are 2nd in the league this has to be a big concern.

21,000 tops for me tomorrow.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm

castleblue wrote:Sold about 500 tickets today according to the interactive ticket page which leaves over 3,400 still to sell. Not going to happen in my opinion and given we are 2nd in the league this has to be a big concern.

21,000 tops for me tomorrow.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Gary approx 21,000 again.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:11 pm

21,000 is an okay attendance for a midweek fixture and considering there isn't a rapid away support coming we've done well for ourselves

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:17 pm

21000 midweek is a fantastic attendance. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Bluemellons wrote:21000 midweek is a fantastic attendance. :ayatollah:

Agreed, and we'll be well above average in the Championship. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can you imagine someone telling you ten years ago we will be getting 21,000 midweek in a league game?

Awesome attendance IMO! ;)

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:39 pm

21,000 is OK considering high unemployment and the depressed area we live in, of South Wales, Fans who can`t afford to come to games are still Cardiff city fans and not because they do not want to come to games , but can not afford to come to every game. They are not all millionaires, like some people who like to make the continuing point of reduced crowds ! :x . Why don`t you suggest concessionary pricing for the Cardiff city fans who are unemployed. Live in the real world :roll: !

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:59 pm

club44er wrote:21,000 is OK considering high unemployment and the depressed area we live in, of South Wales, Fans who can`t afford to come to games are still Cardiff city fans and not because they do not want to come to games , but can not afford to come to every game. They are not all millionaires, like some people who like to make the continuing point of reduced crowds ! :x . Why don`t you suggest concessionary pricing for the Cardiff city fans who are unemployed. Live in the real world :roll: !

I'm now depressed :cry:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:18 pm

I would be if I could n`t afford to go to games ! :cry:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:34 pm

agree with club44er people are skint ,even if your lucky to have a job, most peoples hours have been cut so 21000 is a good crowd

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 pm

20,000+ is always good.. weekend or midweek. Anything below for any game is dissapointing. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Have a look at everybody else's gates tomorrow.

many won't even get 10000, most will be under 15000.

Only Brighton and maybe Sheff Wed and Hudds are getting bigger gates than last year, some clubs are thousands down - Derby down about 50000, Leicester 3-4000, the relegated clubs have had huge drops..., Hull 3-4000 down, and so on...

21k isn't fantastic, but its still pretty decent.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Football clubs should also give a realistic pricing policy to reflect areas of where people live, high unemployment and cut wages etc, The Cardiff City fc new pricing policy states, that to bye your ticket early and your ticket will be cheaper on the day but more expensive on the day of the match , the trouble is not all Cardiff fans are not that priveliged to have the money on that day, through unfortunate circumstances. resulting in, bums not on seats !

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Actual bodies in the ground 16 to 17.000 at most.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Yes, obviously the current Cardiff City ticket pricing policy is clearly not working, and Cardiff City need to have another rethink on ticket pricing, and a fairer one to all City fans, not just the few ! :(

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Actual bodies in the ground 16 to 17.000 at most.

I'm pretty sure there aren't 10,000 empty seats at our games :lol:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:45 am

JonCCFC wrote:

Just look around you chief. Front of the canton, the corners, the empty seats in the away end 1500 quite often and will be today. The family stand that is embarrassing on how many empty seats there are.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:57 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Just look around you chief. Front of the canton, the corners, the empty seats in the away end 1500 quite often and will be today. The family stand that is embarrassing on how many empty seats there are.

As long as they are paid for, they count.
It's when they are not paid for the club worries.
Loads of season tickets are bought to secure seats even if they don't attend.
Loads don't turn up because of other reasons.
I would rather see that they have been paid for than not counted at all. :ayatollah:
Besides, we are not unique, other clubs are exactly the same. ;)

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:04 am

Steve Steve Steve I just stated actual bodies in the ground. Not having a go just stating how it is. Yes you can put a cherry on the top. Fantastic as you say the a lot of the empty seats are paid for :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 am

At this moment in time there are 3382 unsold seats in the "Home" areas of the ground and 2538 or 75% of those seats are in the canton stand and corner areas either side. That is basically the same situation in all games unless we have a sellout and we haven't had many of them.

The club put out an advert last week for the Blackpool game claiming in general that with our average attendance we have an 83% take up on stadium capacity. In many areas, the ninian and grange stand there are high numbers of ST holders, but this is not the case with the canton and corner areas.

If this was my business I'd certainly be asking those responsible for ticket sales if they are really happy with 83% sales because I wouldn't. As we all know not all ST holders attend every game but as they have paid for their ST is it really an issue. The bigger issue is if people are buying ST in the family stand and getting an u9 ticket free then not using it that is unacceptable and the club need to put a minimum number of matches that the holder has to attend or lose the ticket.

My concern here is that as fans we are pretty much treated with contempt by the club, as are fans of other clubs, because they know we will attend we are fans and as a result not enough thought goes into maximising ticket sales. This latest fad of demand based pricing certainly doesn't seem to be the answer as gates are in decline and without the 16000+ ST holders I think we really would be struggling.
Two years ago we averaged 23,000 and there is no doubt we will be nearly 2,000 down on that the way things are going. In my opinion the club needs to be proactive in finding out the reason behind the drop off in attendance. Perhaps writing to ST holders who miss games asking why, even try a general mail shot to anyone on the ticket database who hasn't bought a ticket this season.

No business should accept a drop off in revenue without finding out why and what needs to be done to reverse that trend.

I won't be holding my breath for our club to do anything.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Have a look at everybody else's gates tomorrow.

many won't even get 10000, most will be under 15000.

Only Brighton and maybe Sheff Wed and Hudds are getting bigger gates than last year, some clubs are thousands down - Derby down about 50000, Leicester 3-4000, the relegated clubs have had huge drops..., Hull 3-4000 down, and so on...

21k isn't fantastic, but its still pretty decent.

derby are down by 50000 are you sure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:22 pm

castleblue wrote:At this moment in time there are 3382 unsold seats in the "Home" areas of the ground and 2538 or 75% of those seats are in the canton stand and corner areas either side. That is basically the same situation in all games unless we have a sellout and we haven't had many of them.

The club put out an advert last week for the Blackpool game claiming in general that with our average attendance we have an 83% take up on stadium capacity. In many areas, the ninian and grange stand there are high numbers of ST holders, but this is not the case with the canton and corner areas.

If this was my business I'd certainly be asking those responsible for ticket sales if they are really happy with 83% sales because I wouldn't. As we all know not all ST holders attend every game but as they have paid for their ST is it really an issue. The bigger issue is if people are buying ST in the family stand and getting an u9 ticket free then not using it that is unacceptable and the club need to put a minimum number of matches that the holder has to attend or lose the ticket.

My concern here is that as fans we are pretty much treated with contempt by the club, as are fans of other clubs, because they know we will attend we are fans and as a result not enough thought goes into maximising ticket sales. This latest fad of demand based pricing certainly doesn't seem to be the answer as gates are in decline and without the 16000+ ST holders I think we really would be struggling.
Two years ago we averaged 23,000 and there is no doubt we will be nearly 2,000 down on that the way things are going. In my opinion the club needs to be proactive in finding out the reason behind the drop off in attendance. Perhaps writing to ST holders who miss games asking why, even try a general mail shot to anyone on the ticket database who hasn't bought a ticket this season.

No business should accept a drop off in revenue without finding out why and what needs to be done to reverse that trend.

Also Gary,

A lot of fans bought their season tickets before the rebranding.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:At this moment in time there are 3382 unsold seats in the "Home" areas of the ground and 2538 or 75% of those seats are in the canton stand and corner areas either side. That is basically the same situation in all games unless we have a sellout and we haven't had many of them.

Also Gary,

A lot of fans bought their season tickets before the rebranding.

I must admit it does make you wonder if it is having an effect. :? Still think 21k when we are second in the league is poor.