Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MORE CONCERNED ABOUT CEO

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:35 am

BigGwynram wrote:Your right, I'm not suprised, just disappointed, but if in the long run it works out best for the club and is done for the right reasons, then time will tell. I have never met VT and have no need to, but from what I have heard, he ain't going to be on my dinner guest or Christmas card list, this is why I was gobsmacked when certain fans were saying that Alan whiteley should go back and tell him to stuff it and we wouldn't accept the badge or colour change, and that he should have discussed and negotiated with the fans first, I could see in Alan Whiteleys eyes his "oh yeh and that's going to happen"

The irony is that are you now suggesting Vincent Tan should take the views and opinions of other people on board. Considering many of the things you have said in recent months and the way in which you have conducted yourself throughout this shameful re-branding episode, such comments are ironic in the extreme - almost as ironic as Alan Whiteley telling the BBC yesterday that the news of his removal from the role of Chief Executive came “out of the blue”.

You know as well as I do that Cardiff City Football Club is currently controlled by a volatile and unpredictable dictator. Due to your frequent contact with club staff and officials, you’ve been given a reasonable insight into how he operates and have known about his methods for at least as long as I have, if not longer.

During the summer of 2012, the club’s fanbase was presented with an opportunity to make Vincent Tan aware that Cardiff City's staff and supporters really do matter and won’t simply be walked all over, but that didn’t happen. And, lest we forget, you were at the very forefront of the campaign to quash any dissent while Tan’s ridiculous re-brand was being foisted on the fans. You were fully complicit in creating the current situation whereby Tan can and will do whatever he likes with the famous old football club he now controls.

I have little doubt that Cardiff City will gain promotion to the top flight either this season or next, but I believe the club that will play in the top flight will be almost totally unrecognisable from the one that fans like you and me have supported for decades. You may be comfortable with that notion, but a great many long-standing City supporters are not. Hopefully, you will finally begin to respect such opinions in light of recent events.

In your opening post, you said: “change for the better is not a bad thing, but change just because you ain’t getting your own way is a different matter.”

I presume, therefore, that you would consider significant changes made merely on a whim to be even worse, which makes your stance throughout the re-branding affair all the more puzzling.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:39 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Your right, I'm not suprised, just disappointed, but if in the long run it works out best for the club and is done for the right reasons, then time will tell. I have never met VT and have no need to, but from what I have heard, he ain't going to be on my dinner guest or Christmas card list, this is why I was gobsmacked when certain fans were saying that Alan whiteley should go back and tell him to stuff it and we wouldn't accept the badge or colour change, and that he should have discussed and negotiated with the fans first, I could see in Alan Whiteleys eyes his "oh yeh and that's going to happen"

The irony is that are you now suggesting Vincent Tan should take the views and opinions of other people on board. Considering many of the things you have said in recent months and the way in which you have conducted yourself throughout this shameful re-branding episode, such comments are ironic in the extreme - almost as ironic as Alan Whiteley telling the BBC yesterday that the news of his removal from the role of Chief Executive came “out of the blue”.

You know as well as I do that Cardiff City Football Club is currently controlled by a volatile and unpredictable dictator. Due to your frequent contact with club staff and officials, you’ve been given a reasonable insight into how he operates and have known about his methods for at least as long as I have, if not longer.

During the summer of 2012, the club’s fanbase was presented with an opportunity to make Vincent Tan aware that Cardiff City's staff and supporters really do matter and won’t simply be walked all over, but that didn’t happen. And, lest we forget, you were at the very forefront of the campaign to quash any dissent while Tan’s ridiculous re-brand was being foisted on the fans. You were fully complicit in creating the current situation whereby Tan can and will do whatever he likes with the famous old football club he now controls.

I have little doubt that Cardiff City will gain promotion to the top flight either this season or next, but I believe the club that will play in the top flight will be almost totally unrecognisable from the one that fans like you and me have supported for decades. You may be comfortable with that notion, but a great many long-standing City supporters are not. Hopefully, you will finally begin to respect such opinions in light of recent events.

In your opening post, you said: “change for the better is not a bad thing, but change just because you ain’t getting your own way is a different matter.”

I presume, therefore, that you would consider significant changes made merely on a whim to be even worse, which makes your stance throughout the re-branding affair all the more puzzling.

Outstanding post. :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:43 am

Fairwater Youth wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
TCM wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:However, the way it appears in the organisation, unless you toe the party line totally and go along with everything the boss says, then your card is marked.

You'll be alright then Gwyn - you will remain in the inner circle - as you certainly do that ;)

Yeh ask Ridsdale who was leading the protest march when you were planning a firm letter, ask Kumar and Tony Clemo, best friend worst enemy. :ayatollah:

Shame you did not protest against Hamman when he created the historical debt that saddled this club..

Perhaps the club should have paid off the debt with the assets he left at the club, were you there when he came, 24 million to get to where we were in real terms is small change, it's like half an Andy Carrol.

As for protesting when the debt was being built up, when did you suggest, when he was upgrading the Grangend and putting a roof on it, when he was creating an academy, when he rebuilt the condemned Bob bank, when he put the hospitality and function rooms in the canto, when he built a new car park, when he put all the computers and technology into the ticket office, or was it when we signed the Kav's and thorney's etc we needed to get us promoted?

Perhaps if we had supported it in numbers we would have no debt, it's a pity the twenty thousand present fans didn't come at those times. :roll:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 am

BigGwynram wrote:
Fairwater Youth wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
TCM wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:However, the way it appears in the organisation, unless you toe the party line totally and go along with everything the boss says, then your card is marked.

You'll be alright then Gwyn - you will remain in the inner circle - as you certainly do that ;)

Yeh ask Ridsdale who was leading the protest march when you were planning a firm letter, ask Kumar and Tony Clemo, best friend worst enemy. :ayatollah:

Shame you did not protest against Hamman when he created the historical debt that saddled this club..

Perhaps the club should have paid off the debt with the assets he left at the club, were you there when he came, 24 million to get to where we were in real terms is small change, it's like half an Andy Carrol.

As for protesting when the debt was being built up, when did you suggest, when he was upgrading the Grangend and putting a roof on it, when he was creating an academy, when he rebuilt the condemned Bob bank, when he put the hospitality and function rooms in the canto, when he built a new car park, when he put all the computers and technology into the ticket office, or was it when we signed the Kav's and thorney's etc we needed to get us promoted?

Perhaps if we had supported it in numbers we would have no debt, it's a pity the twenty thousand present fans didn't come at those times. :roll:

The point is Glyn he created the historical debt you cannot deny that He bought a football club for £3 million & 4 years later we were nearly £35m in debt with no assests, The playing squad was not worth £35m

The council owned Ninian Park, the CCS had not even been started, Borley had started the investment in youth a few seasons before Hamman can take credit though for obtaining academy status. He may have finished off hospitality in the Canton Stand but that had been started back in the 80's and were derelict until Rick Wright replaced the green benches and put cladding at the back of the stand.

He spectacually overspent to get us to the championship, Donacaster, Scunthorpe, Plymouth,Rotherham, Luton, Brighton all managed it at a fraction of the cost.

The club received football trust grants to do the bob bank terracing & grange end roof - The car park was the responsibility of Cardiff City Council

It is a shame that the public did not come out & support the club but our fanbase has always been fickle, we had 20000 for Man City and a week later it was back to 5000 for Barnet.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Fairwater Youth wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
TCM wrote:

The point is Glyn he created the historical debt you cannot deny that He bought a football club for £3 million & 4 years later we were nearly £35m in debt with no assests, The playing squad was not worth £35m

Glyn isn't here so I'll answer :) no assets, please don't ask me to dig up the list again, fed up of going over old ground, plenty of players brought to the club by Sam and in the Academy he built were there and worth millions, so how are those not assets.

The council owned Ninian Park, the CCS had not even been started, Borley had started the investment in youth a few seasons before Hamman can take credit though for obtaining academy status. He may have finished off hospitality in the Canton Stand but that had been started back in the 80's and were derelict until Rick Wright replaced the green benches and put cladding at the back of the stand.

There is a hell of a difference between starting a youth scheme and funding an academy, finished the hospitality, are you saying it was hospitable before he got ther, oh please!!!!!!!! take the blinkers off.

He spectacually overspent to get us to the championship, Donacaster, Scunthorpe, Plymouth,Rotherham, Luton, Brighton all managed it at a fraction of the cost.

Course they did, and Swansea went to the Prem on a fraction of what Wolves spent, and for every well run team with good fortune there are five who have bought success, perhaps we should have just stuttered along in the third and waited another thirty years for a bit of luck.

The club received football trust grants to do the bob bank terracing & grange end roof - The car park was the responsibility of Cardiff City Council

Partly true, but are you trying to say it cost the club nothing?

It is a shame that the public did not come out & support the club but our fanbase has always been fickle, we had 20000 for Man City and a week later it was back to 5000 for Barnet.

Exactly, perhaps our fate and destiny as always been in our own hand s and perhaps we don't deserve the success a lot of us feel (me included) is finally due to us. I've been patient for forty seven years, my time is running out now and I want at least a taste of BIG TIME CHARLIE STATUS. 8-)

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 pm

It'll all end in tears. Too late for us to do anything now, rolled over far too easy or got mocked for trying to take a stand.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:It'll all end in tears. Too late for us to do anything now, rolled over far too easy or got mocked for trying to take a stand.

Good on you Billy, and what was your plan B?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:44 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:It'll all end in tears. Too late for us to do anything now, rolled over far too easy or got mocked for trying to take a stand.

I thought your saying was " the futures bright the futures blue" ?

What happened to that saying of yours Gwyn ? You even promoted it after your " bigger mug " T- Shirt episode :lol: :lol: :lol:

What changed?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Steve Day wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

I thought your saying was " the futures bright the futures blue" ?

What happened to that saying of yours Gwyn ? You even promoted it after your " bigger mug " T- Shirt episode :lol: :lol: :lol:

What changed?

Very bright and always blue, we will always be the BlOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBirds, exciting times for us bluebirds.
Can't wait for the New Year 2013 the year of the Chinese red Bluebird having a ride on a dragon's back, onward and upward. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:09 pm

He got what he deserved. sell out the fans expect no support.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:13 pm

Ramsgateblue wrote:He got what he deserved. sell out the fans expect no support.

How did whiteley sell out the fans? :lol:
When you go to work and the boss says do something do you say "NO CHANCE" because you dont like the idea or just play along with it for the sake of the money or i bet your one who would say "f**k OFF BOSS", afterall thats why we all work is it not. :roll:

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Do whats right or move on. His job of taking the flak over the rebrand is over as its been accepted by the silent majority.Who will take the bullet when thay drop the Bluebird.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:29 pm

I don't have a plan B. I've carried on following City all over as normal, it's not felt the same but atleast I'm trying.

One thing I will have (which I don't want) is the knowledge that I was part of the group that saw right through the Malaysians

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

I don't have a plan B. I've carried on following City all over as normal, it's not felt the same but atleast I'm trying.

One thing I will have (which I don't want) is the knowledge that I was part of the group that saw right through the Malaysians

Fair play to you Billy ! Hat off to you.