Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TALK FROM THE OTHER SIDE - Birmingham (H)

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:21 pm

In general, their fans arent too confident in their teams ability at the moment, mainly down to inconsistency. They are also hoping a right back they are trying to get on loan will be playing tomorrow :ayatollah:

"There have been many times this season when we've looked god awful and if tomorrow your team reminds you ever so much of Barcelona then be warned- Watford and Barnsley fans had the same illusion. On a bad day we are ever so easy to close down and on a good one only slitghly less so"

"The point is our midfield consists of a bunch toothless one paced wimps who couldn't tackle a hearty breakfast"

(In regard to Mutch) "Whatever the kid's failings he is like Platini in comparison to the snails our esteemed manager recruited as his replacement"

"The 1st goal will be the most important. After our 5-0 hammering i expect us to try & keep it tight rather than risk going for it.
Robinson being asked to play 2 games in 3 days will be interesting at left back whilst we dont have a fit right back so it will be a make shift one again"

"Will be interesting how Mutch gets on. I liked him personally but know many fans that thought he was over rated & too inconsistent. His passing & quick thinking to break away helped us a lot last season in even games"

"Having seen Cardiff play well for the most part of this season and being away from home I would be happy with the draw"

"I came to Caediff last year and you are always a good team at home. I think if we can keep you quiet for the first 20 mins and try and hit you on the beak we could sneak a goal.

I will go for 1-1"

"Looking at the 2 games we had to come Brighton and Cardiff I wasn’t holding out much hope of getting anything to be fair, but then somehow we managed to beat Brighton... We werent expecting that after the spanking we received from Barnsley. I really do believe this is the most open league for years, anyone can beat anyone. I’d take a draw now but you never know. It depends which Blues side decide to turn up on the day"

"Even though we beat Brighton i can only see a two or three nill defeat for us, so would be delighted with a draw tbh. My hope is you have a off night and we play to our best = 0-0 or 1-1"

"3-0 to Cardiff"

"Word is from Ron ***** that we will have a new right back in on loan for tomorrow. Not sure if he could be registered in time but if so, it may avoid Bellamy causing undue embarassment"

"This season, we've been hopeless against weaker, hardworking teams (Watford, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley) but decent against the better sides (Brighton, Bolton & Nottingham Forest). In fact, we're undefeated against decent sides so far!"

Very big win v Brighton for us and the Manager Lee Clark, credit where it is due i think we got the tactics spot on. I would expect us to set up in a similar vain V Cardiff with the aim to keep it tight and nick a goal from somewhere. I would probably try and freshen the team up a bit following the hard fought 3 points we gained in Saturday.

------------------------- Butland --------------------------------

-- Spector------ Davies -----Caldwell--------Robinson--

----------------------- Gomis*---------------------

----------------Fahey --------Morrison*-----------------

Burke ---------------------------------------Lovenkrands

-------------------------Lita------------------------------

Subs: Doyle, Mullins, Packwood, Redmond, Elliot, King, Zigic

Re: TALK FROM THE OTHER SIDE - Birmingham (H)

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Signed James Hurst (RB) on 1 month loan from west brom

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Mutch is out injured and so is Tommy Smith.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 pm

I would've said, after they beat Brighton, that we need to be careful against Brum. Having looked at their side, though, I don't think we've got anything to fear. Put a player on Chris Burke for the 90 mins and we'll be OK.

2-0 to CCFC.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 pm

yup :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Make shift right back i hear you say? Nooney will rip them a new one. 4-1

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:35 pm

never heard of him before

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:40 pm

I watched the game against Barnsley and I think if you played it again today there would be a big difference in the result. For me Birminghams biggest problem is with the manager who appears to have confused the f**k out of the players with his tactics.

Chris Burke has to be the danger and against Andrew Taylor :o well anything could happen. We never should have lost Burke and as his contract is up in June I would love to see MM put a cheecky bid in for him in January. Birmingham haven't got a pot to piss in even with the PL parachute payments so we would probably get him for a song. The type of player to make a big difference to any team who gets him.

As for the game tomorrow it's not a given Birmingam are still hurting over the Barnsley debacle and that makes them dangerous. Still fancy us to score against them so 2-1.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Make shift right back i hear you say? Nonney will rip them a new one. 4-1

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:04 pm

Chris Burke worries me,the times he's played against us so far he been on the quiet side so he's due a good'un.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Chris Burke worries me,the times he's played against us so far he been on the quiet side so he's due a good'un.

Sssssshhhhhhh

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:18 pm

When burke was up against a decent defender who had already clattered into him hard he would dissapear

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 pm

jinks-rct wrote:When burke was up against a decent defender who had already clattered into him hard he would dissapear

If Bellamy shouts at him a few times, it's game over!

:lol:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:When burke was up against a decent defender who had already clattered into him hard he would dissapear

If Bellamy shouts at him a few times, it's game over!

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:19 pm

castleblue wrote:I watched the game against Barnsley and I think if you played it again today there would be a big difference in the result. For me Birminghams biggest problem is with the manager who appears to have confused the f**k out of the players with his tactics.

Chris Burke has to be the danger and against Andrew Taylor :o well anything could happen. We never should have lost Burke and as his contract is up in June I would love to see MM put a cheecky bid in for him in January. Birmingham haven't got a pot to piss in even with the PL parachute payments so we would probably get him for a song. The type of player to make a big difference to any team who gets him.

As for the game tomorrow it's not a given Birmingam are still hurting over the Barnsley debacle and that makes them dangerous. Still fancy us to score against them so 2-1.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lee Naylor done a big number on Burkey last season and Taylor did another big number against Matt Phillips on the weekend, so I can't see why we should be concerned about Taylor's ability to mark Burkey tomorrow! :D :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 pm

2-1 to CCFC :ayatollah: GOING UP LADS.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:58 am

Glad we aren't playing them after their humiliation - look what they did to Brighton, so the fact they have got the 5-0 loss out of their system with a win over Brighton could work in our favour. I'm going for 3-1 Cardiff.

Helguson is due a goal, Noone and Whitts (of course!)

Our performances and results this year appear to depend on playing 4-4-2 - although to be fair when Bellamy partners Helguson he drops deeper to pick up the ball and run at the opposition so it's not strictly a 4-4-2.

Playing two wide men has certainly helped us this season. I wonder if Masons ultimate position is out wide?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:10 pm

taffy123 wrote:2-1 to CCFC :ayatollah: GOING UP LADS.

good 3 points------------- :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ;) ;) CCFC