Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SEND THE DOLEYS & CONS TOO WAR

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:20 am

we should also make immigrants/illegal immagrants under 28 found to be unemployed undertake 1-2 years national service, in result for improving relations in this country and to be assesed.

I understand not everyone is fit for such physical and mental activities,
but It would not be hard to set up youth offendant assesors, unemployment assesor's , anti social behaviour acts and
anything else seen to be a waste to this country and actively give a 3 strike & out rule for immigrants, which would legally bind them to be deported if they failed to comply to minimum requests from our goverment,

the same apply's to criminals and unemployed youth, found to be fully capable of physical and mental activities but actively creating an anti social and negative communal enviroment, if they are assesed and continue to fail rehabilitation proposals beyond the 3 strike ruling, they should then be considered for military service and requirements, which may legally bind them to comply to rules regulations for 3 & a half years, on completion they may be re-assesed and put back under 3 strike rulings, within normal life,

this might help in teach skills and keep many offendants from wandering back into trouble through forced re-location servinng the country,
and so forth

Re: SEND THE DOLEYS & CONS TOO WAR

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:25 am

It's an interesting idea, but are those the sort of people you would want in the armed forces?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 am

scotsjack wrote:It's an interesting idea, but are those the sort of people you would want in the armed forces?

I think with strict assesments it would maybe rule out 40-50% of them, but that would still give us and extra 100,000 potentially if not more,

fully able commited people, who would possibly benifit in the long run. It would for sure make some people clean their act up
and give others a chance they cant ruin due to contract agreements,

I think in reality we need to get harsh to be kind otherwise its going to get even worse than it is now with the next genuration of kids god forbid!

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:36 am

Speaking as an ex-squaddie, I'd have to disagree with the OP, as in time of war, you need to know that the person stood, kneeling or lying aside you, is a person of trust and not somebody who doesn't feel any affinity with you or the uniform you wear!

So it's a no from me and that's why I'm out!

Now if you tell me that they should be given a pair of overalls, report to the council on a daily basis and be given cleaning or painting tasks for example, then we might have a different conversation! ;)

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:37 am

Overthemoon wrote:Speaking as an ex-squaddie, I'd have to disagree with the OP, as in time of war, you need to know that the person stood, kneeling or lying aside you, is a person of trust and not somebody who doesn't feel any affinity with you or the uniform you wear!

Now if you tell me that they should be given a pair of overalls, report to the council on a daily basis and be given cleaning or painting tasks for example, then we might have a different conversation! ;)

Much better idea.

:thumbup:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:39 am

With regards to the next generation, I couldn't agree more, I'm only 36 and I can see that things are on the slide these days, I worry about my lad and he's only 12.

Also, I could well imagine that some people would get a lot out of national service, it could well be the making of some people. All sounds good in theory, the only drawback would be that with all the cuts going on, where would we put them? For what it's worth, both my grandfathers fought in the war, both agreed that National service was a good thing and should have been kept going.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:45 am

scotsjack wrote:It's an interesting idea, but are those the sort of people you would want in the armed forces?

They could be kept away from the regular army and posted to local training/boot camps.
As well as doing local clean up work/litter picking/graffiti removal etc, some could have a a couple of days a week learning first aid and become stretcher bearers in times of crisis.
Others could be used well behind the front line and give a helping hand with re-supply (ammunition, fuel, water, etc) bodies are always needed should systems break down.

But first it has to be the boot camps so discipline/fitness can be gained.
They could be run by regular soldiers who have had to leave the forces/front line for medical reasons but are still capable of other duties.Also retired officers still have plenty of experience too. (plenty out there believe me) They would have an input from the local TA and obviously local councils.

With new buildings required, supply of food, uniforms and all sorts of Civilian input it would create a lot of work for locals too.

Just a couple of ideas, but it will never happen, we are way too soft as a nation.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:47 am

Overthemoon wrote:Speaking as an ex-squaddie, I'd have to disagree with the OP, as in time of war, you need to know that the person stood, kneeling or lying aside you, is a person of trust and not somebody who doesn't feel any affinity with you or the uniform you wear!

Surely the training will syphon out thoses who you will be able to trust to those you will not.

I've met a number of naughty guys who have joined up, going back a few decades though I'm not sure if they allow it today, who have seen the light and showed a loyalty to the regiment. More so than thoses who joined up for the money.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:59 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Surely the training will syphon out thoses who you will be able to trust to those you will not.

I've met a number of naughty guys who have joined up, going back a few decades though I'm not sure if they allow it today, who have seen the light and showed a loyalty to the regiment. More so than thoses who joined up for the money.

The forces are great for making men out of people who have been naughty in their previous civilian life and many people go on to make a great career for themselves!

It was certainly the making of me, even though I can't say that I was a naughty boy beforehand! ;)

If you start up something along the scale as suggested in this post, then you'll end up tying down a lot of highly trained people, which will cost a fortune to to babysit them as well!

This may be a necessity at time of war, but our Armed Forces currently employ volunteers and a volunteer is worth many more conscripts in my eye, just look at the Falklands War, where our highly trained soldiers overcome insurmountable odds!

Yes, we had a bit of luck and we had better military hardware overall than the Argentinians, but the victory in the end, was down to our total proffessionalism and team spirit, which is hard to instill in somebody, who has been press-ganged into taking up military life!

IMO, there are far better ways of employing the likes of our third generation unemployed for example!

SBF1 makes a good point about boot camps, but as I said, it'll cost a lot of money and I can't see it happening in my lifetime anyway! :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:01 pm

We ain't commies and this is a free country. What you say is ridiculous.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Karl wrote:We ain't commies and this is a free country. What you say is ridiculous.

Whose post is ridiculous?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Karl wrote:We ain't commies and this is a free country. What you say is ridiculous.

Not yours.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Karl wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Not yours.

I couldn't agree with your post more actually. I too am military.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Karl wrote:
Karl wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Not yours.

I couldn't agree with your post more actually. I too am military.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:02 pm

would this also include the many graduates that cant get work? I do agree that more should be done but if people on the dole don't find work they are made to do volunteer work till they find a paying job.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:32 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:we should also make immigrants/illegal immagrants under 28 found to be unemployed undertake 1-2 years national service, in result for improving relations in this country and to be assesed.

but It would not be hard to set up youth offendant assesors, unemployment assesor's , anti social behaviour acts and
anything else seen to be a waste to this country and actively give a 3 strike & out rule for immigrants, which would legally bind them to be deported if they failed to comply to minimum requests from our goverment,

the same apply's to criminals and unemployed youth, found to be fully capable of physical and mental activities but actively creating an anti social and negative communal enviroment, if they are assesed and continue to fail rehabilitation proposals beyond the 3 strike ruling, they should then be considered for military service and requirements, which may legally bind them to comply to rules regulations for 3 & a half years, on completion they may be re-assesed and put back under 3 strike rulings, within normal life,

this might help in teach skills and keep many offendants from wandering back into trouble through forced re-location servinng the country,
and so forth

Also the people with bad grammar, see you when your on leave LOL

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Ref wrote:
sloper_road_legend wrote:we should also make immigrants/illegal immagrants under 28 found to be unemployed undertake 1-2 years national service, in result for improving relations in this country and to be assesed.

and so forth

Also the people with bad grammar, see you when your on leave LOL

This post is a failure.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:13 pm

You would really want an immigrant to be given training and a gun... Especially as they would be trained by British officers.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:22 pm

I would not mind national service myself. 2 years national service after university would be good. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 pm

I would not mind national service myself. 2 years national service after university would be good. :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Lovely idea. But it will not work.

Human Rights Act.

the very first time a Drill Instructor bawls out a scaggy immigrant or pond-life
British born benefit cheat...

"GET YOUR ARSE ON THAT DRILL SQUARE AND MARCH!!!!!!!!"

"Make me!"

Endex

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:09 pm

there are some good objective oppinions in their,

and alot would have to be worked around but I think a No nonsense approach is the only effective way to steer our great country back into the green

stupidity, fear of change and laziness
is what costs us the most,
I dont mean laziness as in on the dole, i mean goverments and drastic effective actions that really would benifit human kind

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:09 am

This is one of the most batshit insane ideas I have ever heard.
Utterly ridiculous.

If we're sending anyone to war/ potential death against thier will it should be the f***ing politicians whos fault it is that we're there in the first place.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:40 pm

The people who I'd want in the Forces are people who want to or are willing to put their lives on the line (literally) in order to defend the people, Britain and all of her territories.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 pm

JBCCFC1927 wrote:I would not mind national service myself. 2 years national service after university would be good. :ayatollah:

:lol: