Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do we really need strikers? in our formation

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:40 am

Spain played without any strikers in their side in the Euro's and they were so hard to break down and also created more chances than any other team,

Imagine 6 in midfield, bellamy, noone, whittingham, gunnarson, kim, cowie/conway/kiss I think if we had 1 more attacking midfielder who scores alot of goals we could do it

Re: Do we really need strikers? in our formation

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Spain created loads of chances but the shot conversion rate was shocking.

I always felt they looked far better when they had Torres on because of his runs bringing in space for other players to actually do their bit.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:48 pm

I'd love Andy McCulloch back in our team. Now if he was only 25 yrs old again.

StT.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:14 pm

i asked the same thing last week and we lost so got some stick :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:21 pm

It helps if you have 4 of the top 10 midfielders in the world (probably higher than that) a back 4 that are all super comfortable on the ball and a £50 million striker on the bench.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:24 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:Spain played without any strikers in their side in the Euro's and they were so hard to break down and also created more chances than any other team,

Imagine 6 in midfield, bellamy, noone, whittingham, gunnarson, kim, cowie/conway/kiss I think if we had 1 more attacking midfielder who scores alot of goals we could do it

The Spannish manager claimed different. He claims Spain play 4-3-3 with midfielder playing in a strikers role.

There is an unproven rumour that he got the idea from us when we played Paul Parry up front in the FA Cup Final season. :lol: