Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We WILL Earn Automatic Promotion...

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:45 am

...this season if Malky employs 4-4-2 away from home. Simple as that for me.

We're too good in wide areas to have one up top, and we have too many attacking players who are stand out at this level and can play 9 or 10.

The balance of our team at home, together with the solidity that Malky has instilled, and level of individual quality suggests to me that our home approach could be applied against anyone in this division away from home. It would also integrate total consistency in preparations for the squad and eleviate any potential confusion with players roles/mentality on match day.

Yes I appreciate the importance of having the ability to be flexible and playing 4-5-1 IF needed, but there is a world of difference between Malky fixing our team in 4-5-1 from the start of a match, and only using it 'for a certain period' in a match.

This could possibly take an element of bravery from Malky's perspective to keep us 4-4-2 away from home taking into account our exceptional away form last season built on a cautious approach & great work ethic , but considering how well it works at CCS I think it has to be given it's chance on our travels.

Brilliant game yesterday, we're a joy to watch at the moment - Fortress CCS is here

Re: We WILL Earn Automatic Promotion...

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:50 am

JonScam wrote:...this season if Malky employs 4-4-2 away from home. Simple as that for me.

We're too good in wide areas to have one up top, and we have too many attacking players who are stand out at this level and can play 9 or 10.

The balance of our team at home, together with the solidity that Malky has instilled, and level of individual quality suggests to me that our home approach could be applied against anyone in this division away from home. It would also integrate total consistency in preparations for the squad and eleviate any potential confusion with players roles/mentality on match day.

Yes I appreciate the importance of having the ability to be flexible and playing 4-5-1 IF needed, but there is a world of difference between Malky fixing our team in 4-5-1 from the start of a match, and only using it 'for a certain period' in a match.

This could possibly take an element of bravery from Malky's perspective to keep us 4-4-2 away from home taking into account our exceptional away form last season built on a cautious approach & great work ethic , but considering how well it works at CCS I think it has to be given it's chance on our travels.

Brilliant game yesterday, we're a joy to watch at the moment - Fortress CCS is here

Absolutely agree, our away form is all that is holding us back ATM. I also agree that fortune favours the bold and MM should be bold away from home and go for it.

We have the quality lets use it.

Re: We WILL Earn Automatic Promotion...

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:18 am

Will be interesting to see what Malky does at Ipswich